Ole's at the wheel
Youngy's got a three year deal
We've got Rashy and Jonah and Smalls
Every game is a kick in the balls

Unread 10-05-2019, 11:16 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Valencia is club captain. Young has been filling in.

It was the ideal chance to change it and show that things are changing. Unfortunately Ole is going for the 'Rome wasn't built in a day' approach and trying to keep everyone happy.

£#%&! that. Scrap the persistent failures. Play the £#%&!ing kids if we have to. I don't want Young anywhere near United, let alone club captain stinking out the place.

If I had to pick a captain out of the current bunch of £#%&!tards it would be Lindelof.
And Valencia has played 5 league games this season. As second captain, Ashley Young was captaining the team more often than not under Jose. At the point Solskjaer took over, Lindelof hadn't show enough to warrant changing it. Young kept the armband because there was noone else to take it at that point. Young as captain isn't the problem, him being in our first choice 11 is (and something I still don't quite understand).

Given the previous manager went down because of his relationships with those around them, it made sense for Ole to try and keep everybody happy (and it appeared to be just what they needed, for the first few months). Again that reflects on the squad rather than him. His ability to identify what needs changing for next season is where I will judge him (given where we were when he took the job).

Hopefully that happens over the summer, and if Ashley Young is captain next season (or anywhere near the team for that matter) I will have a rethink. Young will still be here next season though, and that's a shame.

Unread 10-05-2019, 11:18 AM
Bobda

I thought Woodward extended his contract with no input from the manager whatsoever.

Unread 10-05-2019, 11:19 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Hopefully just talking %@#$&!s but if he's our captain and starting right back next season then £#%&! off Ole
h
Give Ole benefit of the doubt, but his free pass is expiring soon.

If that quote is what he actually feels, then we’re £#%&!ed. Or more £#%&!ed.

Also getting tired of this single syllable and add a y shite. He’s trapped in 1999 isn’t he?

Unread 10-05-2019, 11:54 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
And Valencia has played 5 league games this season. As second captain, Ashley Young was captaining the team more often than not under Jose. At the point Solskjaer took over, Lindelof hadn't show enough to warrant changing it. Young kept the armband because there was noone else to take it at that point. Young as captain isn't the problem, him being in our first choice 11 is (and something I still don't quite understand).

Given the previous manager went down because of his relationships with those around them, it made sense for Ole to try and keep everybody happy (and it appeared to be just what they needed, for the first few months). Again that reflects on the squad rather than him. His ability to identify what needs changing for next season is where I will judge him (given where we were when he took the job).

Hopefully that happens over the summer, and if Ashley Young is captain next season (or anywhere near the team for that matter) I will have a rethink. Young will still be here next season though, and that's a shame.
Can you not read? Ole has confirmed Young is the captain next season.

Young was only ever vice captain. A manager will some balls would see Valencia leaving as an ideal time to appoint his own captain. He either thinks Young is the ideal candidate or he is too soft to tell him it's going to be someone else.

Either way, Ashley £#%&!ing Young is going to be our club captain moving forward and is going to continue as a mainstay in the first XI.

That's £#%&!ing batshit mental and reflects very poorly on Ole. He needs to stop being everyone's friend and start sorting shit out.

Unread 10-05-2019, 11:56 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Can you not read? Ole has confirmed Young is the captain next season.
Evidently not

Unread 10-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Ethers

Are they genuine quotes?

I’m about to see my arse if they are.

Unread 10-05-2019, 12:04 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Are they genuine quotes?

The tweet has quotation marks and the source in square brackets. That's enough for me.

Unread 10-05-2019, 12:08 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Are they genuine quotes?

Unread 10-05-2019, 12:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
Are they genuine quotes?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ights-16253781

Doesn’t look like it.

The person who posted the tweets has had a mare here nqat, should be ashamed of themselves.

Edit-

Not from the presser but from an MUTV interview last night apparently.

I knew that, so that’s why I posted the original tweet...

Unread 10-05-2019, 12:14 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ights-16253781

Doesn’t look like it.

The person who posted the tweets has had a mare here nqat, should be ashamed of themselves.
I followed the tweet thread to the start, and it looks like satire but you just can't be too careful these days

Unread 10-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Cream

He'll be club captain like Valencia was.

Relax.

Unread 10-05-2019, 04:52 PM
red in cumbria

It would be ironic if, after our last manager got themselves sacked by being a borderline depressive unpleasant @#%&! to all, his successor fails through being too nice and reasonable

We need action in the summer Ole!

Unread 13-05-2019, 03:42 PM
Buck

2014:

Quote:
this is our chance to go on a bit of a run. There are no easy games, but we’ve got to get ourselves back to winning ways from now until the end of the season. We still have every chance of getting into the top four, and into those champions league places, and i think winning every game from now until the end of the season is where we’ve got to set our stall out.
2015:

Quote:
it was always going to take time, but it is all starting to come together. If you look at the last run of games, even last week against chelsea when on another day we would have scored two or three goals, we will definitely be back challenging for the title next season.
2016:

Quote:
"he (mourinho) has got that winning mentality. He’s a winner – you can tell with the history he's had at every club, where he’s won titles. At a club like this, it’s what we want to do.
2017:

Quote:
“there’s not a competition that we are going to prioritise. We want to go at it on all fronts, whether that be in europe or domestically. We were delighted to win what we did last season but if we can add the premier league, the league cup again or the fa cup, or champions league then of course you play in these big competitions to go and win them. That is exactly what we are looking to do and i think we’ve got the squad to do it.
2018:

Quote:
i think we have to come back stronger: Stronger in the league, stronger in the fa cup, stronger in the league cup, stronger in the champions league. We want to be fighting on all fronts.

We have the summer now to look forward and come back and prepare in pre-season. We wanted to win things, win titles, but it wasn’t meant to be.
2019:

Quote:
i've said for years our club should be talking about winning titles and winning trophies. We've done that in numerous years and for a club of our size, when you're talking about finishing top four, i think that's just a disappointment in itself.

We haven't managed to get ourselves in the top four. We needed other teams to help us out and we needed to help ourselves and we haven't done that today.

I think we need to go away, have a look at ourselves in the summer and come back fighting fit and ready to win titles and trophies.

Unread 13-05-2019, 03:45 PM
Jethro

The new Fellaini. I hate this @#%&! with a passion.

Unread 13-05-2019, 04:07 PM
waynes ear's

thanks a £#%&!ing bunch Frogson you £#%&!ing @#%&!

Unread 13-05-2019, 05:43 PM
red in cumbria

Sort of reminds me of "I'm not a very bad man, I'm just a very bad wizard"

Unread 13-05-2019, 05:50 PM
Lok

Talks a good game which is why all the managers love him. But unfortunately he's £#%&!ing pish.

He's an over the hill mid-table winger playing at full back. No amount of 'the right attitude' is going to change that.

The fact that he's still playing is mental.

The fact that he's our captain is soul destroying.

Unread 13-05-2019, 06:00 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
2014:

2015:

2016:

2017:

2018:

2019:
Quote:
I think we need to go away
He got that bit right. Might i suggest Mogadishu Ashley?

Unread 13-05-2019, 11:40 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Love United / Hate Ole
Closed Thread