United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-09-2019, 05:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I hate to repeat myself but again I ask who we replace him with? There really aren't many options out there.
Need to get our scouting spot on. Both city and Liverpool went and bought keepers better than De Gea in a short space of time. Chelsea and Arsenal seem to have steady ones recently signed. I don’t know the market but Donnarumma looks a bit awkward to me.

Unread 09-09-2019, 05:46 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Need to get our scouting spot on. Both city and Liverpool went and bought keepers better than De Gea in a short space of time. Chelsea and Arsenal seem to have steady ones recently signed. I don’t know the market but Donnarumma looks a bit awkward to me.

The Chelsea keeper is £#%&!ing rubbish

Unread 09-09-2019, 06:06 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
I hate to repeat myself but again I ask who we replace him with? There really aren't many options out there.
Romero
Akinfeev

To name just two...

No biggie. We got this.

Unread 09-09-2019, 06:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Oblak.

Should’ve done a swap deal in the summer.

Unread 09-09-2019, 06:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Yes let's continue using him and let him perform those clangers.
Let's continue to use him even though his form has dropped from world's best to not worth to be in United's net.
But hey ho as long as we're loyal to him for his early performances (even though he did want to go Madrid) everything will be unicorns and rainbows
Pretty much where I am with it all.

People going on like it’s only now he’s been poor when in reality he’s been on the slide since the World Cup. That’s a bit more than just a blip imo.

Also if we’re looking at playing out from the back more then Dave isn’t really that type of keeper and if we’re hopefully finally sorting out our defence then you’d hope we wouldn’t have to rely on a keeper making 4 or 5 world class saves most games, so a more progressive keeper that offers a different set of skills would fit in well.

Unread 09-09-2019, 06:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
The Chelsea keeper is £#%&!ing rubbish
Excellent with his feet and a good shot-stopper. Going to need to work on other areas but he's only 24.

Unread 10-09-2019, 12:57 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Oblak.

Should’ve done a swap deal in the summer.
Not sure it's as simple as that.

Unread 13-09-2019, 07:45 PM
ScarFace

Unread 13-09-2019, 07:57 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Ridiculous and lazy move by the club.

Unread 13-09-2019, 07:59 PM
AK14

Hopefully his poor form over the last year has been down to the uncertainty with his contract and now it’s sorted he’ll go back to how he was.

Unread 13-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Sparky***

Let's hope he keeps his wallet by his near post to keep shots out

Unread 13-09-2019, 08:01 PM
windy waffles

Thinking of Big Serg at this difficult time...

Time to move on to a big club pal...

Unread 13-09-2019, 08:02 PM
silv

So relieved for the poor lamb

Unread 13-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Let's hope he keeps his wallet by his near post to keep shots out

Captain and now highest paid player at the club, both completely undeserved based on his form in the past year plus.

Hopefully he can turn it around. Still think he's a weak as £#%&! captain though.

Unread 13-09-2019, 08:05 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Captain and now highest paid player at the club, both completely undeserved based on his form in the past year plus.

Hopefully he can turn it around. Still think he's a weak as £#%&! captain though.
Past year. Log of you @#%&!

Unread 13-09-2019, 08:09 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Thinking of Big Serg at this difficult time...

Time to move on to a big club pal...

Unread 13-09-2019, 08:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Hopefully his poor form over the last year has been down to the uncertainty with his contract and now it’s sorted he’ll go back to how he was.
I'm guessing not tbh.

Unread 13-09-2019, 08:18 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Past year. Log of you @#%&!
True.

It’s been more like 18 months tbh.

Quote:
I'm guessing not tbh.
With the way things have gone the past six years I think you could be right pal

Unread 13-09-2019, 08:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
True.

It’s been more like 18 months tbh.

With the way things have gone the past six years I think you could be right pal
His almost superhuman reflexes and cat like agility were great while young, you could hardly say he's consistently improved his reading of the game and presence to allow him to be able to modify his game as age begins to take its toll.. stuck to your line, short and slight (for a keeper) and losing speed of reaction isn't a great combination.. hope I'm wrong.

Unread 13-09-2019, 08:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
His almost superhuman reflexes and cat like agility were great while young, you could hardly say he's consistently improved his reading of the game and presence to allow him to be able to modify his game as age begins to take its toll.. stuck to your line, short and slight (for a keeper) and losing speed of reaction isn't a great combination.. hope I'm wrong.
Nah you’re right pal, It’s a worry nqat.
Closed Thread