United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 21-05-2019, 08:07 PM
BarryX

Default Albie

Top bloke/legendary man of kits, with a few lovely little insights into Fergie and the lads of that era, int the following interview.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-triumph.html

Unread 21-05-2019, 08:12 PM
Switching Off

Nice. Would love that job

Unread 21-05-2019, 08:15 PM
Buck

All went downhill after he hung up the kitbag

Unread 21-05-2019, 08:18 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Nice. Would love that job
He was at the legends match over in Madrid a good few years back (stayed in the same hotel as the squad, which remains the non-game related highlight of my lifelong love of the club). The players seemed to love him (and loved giving him a good ribbing). Top bloke irl nqat.

Unread 21-05-2019, 10:47 PM
Sparky***

The racist dragon

Unread 21-05-2019, 11:00 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

One of my mates is a screw at Strangeways and around 10 years back they got invited to play a legends 11 (including Robbo, Choccy and Mickey Shorts) at Carrington. One of the lads dropped out and my mate phoned and said if I can get to Carrington in the next hour I can take this lads place. Rushed home and got my boots and made it just in time. As I was getting shown to the changing rooms I could hear a right commotion. "Fuck off you dirty Scouse cunts! Why the fuck have they been let in here? Horrible bastards!" As I got closer it was Albert having to be held back by a couple of other lads. I asked my mate what the fuck was that about? Albert had asked the Strangeways lads where they all reds? Two Scouse lads who worked at Strangeways said that they where Liverpool fans and that was his response.
Loved him ever since.

Unread 21-05-2019, 11:04 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
One of my mates is a screw at Strangeways and around 10 years back they got invited to play a legends 11 (including Robbo, Choccy and Mickey Shorts) at Carrington. One of the lads dropped out and my mate phoned and said if I can get to Carrington in the next hour I can take this lads place. Rushed home and got my boots and made it just in time. As I was getting shown to the changing rooms I could hear a right commotion. "Fuck off you dirty Scouse cunts! Why the fuck have they been let in here? Horrible bastards!" As I got closer it was Albert having to be held back by a couple of other lads. I asked my mate what the fuck was that about? Albert had asked the Strangeways lads where they all reds? Two Scouse lads who worked at Strangeways said that they where Liverpool fans and that was his response.
Loved him ever since.

Unread 21-05-2019, 11:14 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Loved him ever since.

Unread 22-05-2019, 12:28 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Loved him ever since.
Quality!!!

Unread 22-05-2019, 07:30 AM
sa7

Quote:
Loved him ever since.

Look at him, still seething about it here