United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-07-2023, 04:52 PM
jem

we can think bigger, but we can't afford bigger. soz.

Unread 24-07-2023, 04:59 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we can think bigger, but we can't afford bigger. soz.
Well we can because we’ve just bought Mount for more who I’m guessing is a considerably better player than Sabitzer. I just don’t get the mentality on here sometimes, we’ve had a squad bloated with mediocre players who we’ve been desperately trying to get rid of yet people would be happy to add even more mediocrity because he’s cheap.

Unread 24-07-2023, 05:03 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
do you know what a 'pick me' is?
Is it a tiny African?

Unread 24-07-2023, 05:10 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
Is it a tiny African?

Unread 24-07-2023, 05:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Well we can because we’ve just bought Mount for more who I’m guessing is a considerably better player than Sabitzer. I just don’t get the mentality on here sometimes, we’ve had a squad bloated with mediocre players who we’ve been desperately trying to get rid of yet people would be happy to add even more mediocrity because he’s cheap.
yeah, that's kind of the point. we have a severely limited budget, so we apparently can't afford to buy the players we actually need without selling players first, but we've managed to £#%&! £55mio on a player we don't £#%&!ing need.

sabi is not mediocre, but I would not have prioritised buying him either, as already noted.

Unread 24-07-2023, 05:16 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You listening to Jem mate?

He'd be made up with a midfield rotation of Valencia, the Da Silva twins and Zoltan Gera. We'd be where Everton are and he'd still be using obscure, nonsensical reasoning to explain why he's right.

Unread 24-07-2023, 05:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Is it a tiny African?
Wonderful

Unread 24-07-2023, 05:26 PM
jem

Quote:
You listening to Jem mate?

He'd be made up with a midfield rotation of Valencia, the Da Silva twins and Zoltan Gera. We'd be where Everton are and he'd still be using obscure, nonsensical reasoning to explain why he's right.
this is utter nonsense, but then you are an idiot.

Unread 24-07-2023, 06:30 PM
Whip Hubley

Good place this

Unread 24-07-2023, 10:53 PM
Stickman

For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t have signed him.

Thought he looked a better player than he turned out to be after his initial few games.

Unread 24-07-2023, 11:23 PM
Sandman

He was shit.

Unread 06-11-2023, 04:09 PM
Dr Stranger

I liked Sabitzer.

Unread 06-11-2023, 04:10 PM
believe

Looking for another January move?

Unread 06-11-2023, 08:24 PM
My Name is Heath

100% should have stayed

Unread 06-11-2023, 08:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Liked him, should have stayed, think there was a pre arranged though.....

Should have also took everyone of our in range direct freekicks.....

Unread 06-11-2023, 08:47 PM
ryanMUFC

Definitely didn’t sign him because we don’t have enough money and we’re tinpot.

Preferred to sign Amrabat on loan because it’s cheaper (even though he’s going to the AFCON).

Unread 07-11-2023, 05:27 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC

Preferred to sign Amrabat on loan because it’s cheaper (even though he’s going to the AFCON).
should have both of them.

Unread 07-11-2023, 10:51 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
100% should have stayed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Liked him, should have stayed, think there was a pre arranged though.....

Should have also took everyone of our in range direct freekicks.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
should have both of them.

All of this. He wasn't a world beating midfielder but he was solid, technically sound, great at set pieces and can weigh in with goals.

But nah, £25m too much mate

Unread 07-11-2023, 11:42 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
All of this. He wasn't a world beating midfielder but he was solid, technically sound, great at set pieces and can weigh in with goals.

But nah, £25m too much mate
He would have been a good 3rd/4th choice option. Can play across the front 3 and CM, has experience playing for a big team team like Bayern too.

If we managed to bin The Scottish Player or even not bother with mount , 25 million would have been a very good option tbh.

Unfortunately we have 3 number 10s (Bruno Eriksen and mount) now and two CMs only. Team balance is all off. We need to be much smarter

Unread 07-11-2023, 11:47 AM
believe

He couldn’t lace The Scottish Players boots
Closed Thread