United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 22-07-2019, 07:06 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Fantastic books, CRZ is an exceptional writer. Definitely check out the most recent release in the series if you can, Labyrinth of the Spirits I think it's called.
Reading Labyrinth of the Spirits now. Outstanding so far.

Unread 23-07-2019, 10:24 PM
andyroo

I've started on Wilt after someone on here recommended it a while ago (dunk I think?)

It's f***ing hilarious Starts out quite dark and twisted but goes in unexpected directions.

Unread 23-07-2019, 10:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I've started on Wilt after someone on here recommended it a while ago (dunk I think?)

It's f***ing hilarious Starts out quite dark and twisted but goes in unexpected directions.
most of his books are hilarious.

Thereís a couple of pages in Riotous Assembly that have me beginning to giggle now, 15 years after I read it

Unread 24-07-2019, 01:38 AM
Child of Darkness

Bosch books - on my 3 rd one

Decent

Game of thrones books - surprisingly good

Hezbollah hiking club and the dark tourist both by Dom jolly - v enjoyable

Unread 24-07-2019, 06:51 AM
believe

Thumbs down

I want to recommend a book I read in the last year but canít for the life of me remember whatís itís called and Iíd actually like to read it again. Itís about a DJ in London who is having an affair with the wife of a London gangster. The plot starts at a party on 9/11, anyone any ideas?

Edit: I just found it itís called Dead Air by Iain Banks. Itís very good.

Last edited by believe; 24-07-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Unread 09-08-2019, 03:50 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Just read 2 books by a chap called John Niven.....kill your friends and the follow up kill em all....fictional story of a bloke trying to work his way up the ladder in the music A&R business...very dark, unPC and funny

Highly recommended
On the first of these now. The setting/satire of the bizness in the late 90s is perfectly pitched, and it is very funny. But by Christ cocaine bores are annoying c***s aren't they.

Unread 09-08-2019, 03:52 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Bosch books - on my 3 rd one

Decent

Game of thrones books - surprisingly good

Hezbollah hiking club and the dark tourist both by Dom jolly - v enjoyable
Finished Bosch

Unintentionally hilarious moment half way through the series when I ordered a German copy of one of them. How I laughed.

Unread 09-08-2019, 04:15 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
On the first of these now. The setting/satire of the bizness in the late 90s is perfectly pitched, and it is very funny. But by Christ cocaine bores are annoying c***s aren't they.
His thriller Cold Hands written under John J. Niven is very good.

I also really liked the Sunshine Cruise Company.

Unread 09-08-2019, 04:23 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I want to recommend a book I read in the last year but canít for the life of me remember whatís itís called and Iíd actually like to read it again. Itís about a DJ in London who is having an affair with the wife of a London gangster. The plot starts at a party on 9/11, anyone any ideas?

Edit: I just found it itís called Dead Air by Iain Banks. Itís very good.
Never been a fan of Iain Banks but Iain M Banks is different league

Now there's a lad who can write and has something to say

Unread 09-08-2019, 04:33 PM
My Name is Heath

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Unintentionally hilarious moment half way through the series when I ordered a German copy of one of them. How I laughed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
His thriller Cold Hands written under John J. Niven is very good.
Switchers would have ordered Cold Hans