United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 14-08-2019, 08:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Jesus Christ those switches were subtle as hell.
At first I was thinking to myself how much he actually looks like Cruise...

Unread 14-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock View Post
Apparently we are only at the beginning of what this technology can do.

Remember the holograms that are sometimes used to "replay" a famous musicians or singers performances ? Combine that, with this deep fake stuff and you can have a hologram of anyone saying or doing anything you want
Oh yeah, I've been keeping up to date with the deepfake stuff and how AI can manipulate and even create. The technology is getting better at an alarming rate. All you need at the moment is enough reference photos and some computing power and you can deepfake anything. Soon you won't even need that with how AI can now accurately create human faces out of nothing, and it's ability to 'enhance' photos to, in some cases, make them look better than the original.

It's all a bit f***ed up, it'll be interesting to see where it all leads.

Unread 14-08-2019, 08:54 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Oh yeah, I've been keeping up to date with the deepfake stuff and how AI can manipulate and even create. The technology is getting better at an alarming rate. All you need at the moment is enough reference photos and some computing power and you can deepfake anything. Soon you won't even need that with how AI can now accurately create human faces out of nothing, and it's ability to 'enhance' photos to, in some cases, make them look better than the original.

It's all a bit f***ed up, it'll be interesting to see where it all leads.
Did you see the Hader / Arnie one earlier on in this thread ?

I think they use Hader as he's a professional impersonator and he already has the facial mannerisms off pat, so it's easier to map the target features on to him, but as you say soon we'll be having famous people doing and saying things that never happened. Imagine them doing a video of say Jeffery Epstein admitting that Prince Andrew was banging some young girls on his island and it suddenly gets discovered in some secret stash he made. Epstein is dead, so he can't deny it and even though "experts" will say it's a deep fake, it'll be to late, it'll be out there...

Unread 14-08-2019, 09:25 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock View Post
Did you see the Hader / Arnie one earlier on in this thread ?

I think they use Hader as he's a professional impersonator and he already has the facial mannerisms off pat, so it's easier to map the target features on to him, but as you say soon we'll be having famous people doing and saying things that never happened. Imagine them doing a video of say Jeffery Epstein admitting that Prince Andrew was banging some young girls on his island and it suddenly gets discovered in some secret stash he made. Epstein is dead, so he can't deny it and even though "experts" will say it's a deep fake, it'll be to late, it'll be out there...
Or what if its a real video and someone says it's a deep fake and shouldn't be trusted?

Nothing real and nothings fake, but everythings real and everythings fake. People will be able to make and choose their own reality soon enough. I'm sure that'll go well.

Unread 14-08-2019, 09:28 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Or what if its a real video and someone says it's a deep fake and shouldn't be trusted?

Nothing real and nothings fake, but everythings real and everythings fake. People will be able to make and choose their own reality soon enough. I'm sure that'll go well.
Prince Andrew has just retired from public duties... I might be closer to the truth that I first thought...

Some gifs from that guy's channel

Unread 19-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Cream

Saw this humorous advert while watching the football game:

Unread 22-08-2019, 11:15 AM
Buck

These people are the best con artists out there. Look at the crowd turning up. Pocketing millions, owning private jets, being tax exempt.

Unread 28-08-2019, 07:35 PM
beersexchipsgravy

Limmy

Unread 30-08-2019, 11:22 PM
Switching Off

Pure chill

Unread 28-09-2019, 08:40 PM
Albert Tatlock

Taxi Driver with Al Pacinio