United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 26-04-2019, 04:27 PM
guerreiro

***spoiler***
Hulk is utterly shit, shrunk in size, no fighting or redemption for chickening out of the first movie.

Thor is a one joke trick played throughout the movie

Avenger girl power scene cringe

Horrible fan service shoe horning every single character from all the films in

Boring as hell first hour

Hawkeye being...Hawkeye

Final fight scene too messy, not much happened other than a game of tag with the gauntlet

Those are the worst points, Still give it 8/10. Infinity War was miles better

Unread 26-04-2019, 04:36 PM
Sapien

I just read the plot on Wikipedia. Sounds laughably bad.

Unread 26-04-2019, 04:40 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
I just read the plot on Wikipedia. Sounds laughably bad.
reads like Sparky wrote it

Unread 26-04-2019, 04:48 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Still give it 8/10. Infinity War was miles better
Just home from seeing it and would mostly agree with this assessment.

Positives for me.

***spoiler***
Iron Mans sacrifice very well done. Wee Norm blubbed his eyes out.

The arrival of the other Avengers during the final fight. Whole cinema went mad when it happened.

Rocket superb again in every scene he was in.

Infinity War had an advantage with the massive shock ending, less room for that in this one tbf.

Unread 26-04-2019, 05:04 PM
TheFatGoth

I read the plot on wiki as well and it sounds pathetic, perfectly emphasising why people find these films so lame...

There's just no consequence. No reality threshold. Nothing is beyond the realms of possibility. Fly here, fly there, go to this planet, that planet, go back in time, come back from the dead, move a building, become an angry green giant or don't, walk about dressed as a viking or be a talking raccoon. There's just absolutely nothing relatable about any of it and they can bend every rule, even their own to fit a plot point. They're the movie equivalent of that nativity crib scene from Mr Bean.

Unread 26-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
I read the plot on wiki as well and it sounds pathetic, perfectly emphasising why people find these films so lame...

There's just no consequence. No reality threshold. Nothing is beyond the realms of possibility. Fly here, fly there, go to this planet, that planet, go back in time, come back from the dead, move a building, become an angry green giant or don't, walk about dressed as a viking or be a talking raccoon. There's just absolutely nothing relatable about any of it and they can bend every rule, even their own to fit a plot point. They're the movie equivalent of that nativity crib scene from Mr Bean.
The Marvel films are based on comics, not World in Action documentaries tbf.

Unread 26-04-2019, 06:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
That made me genuinely LOL for some reason

Unread 26-04-2019, 06:43 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Tbf you can enjoy World in Action documentaries as standalone #justsaying

Unread 26-04-2019, 06:47 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Tbf you can enjoy World in Action documentaries as standalone #justsaying
You can do this with superhero films too. The key is in remembering they always win. If it's the second film, just assume they won in the first, and now they have to win again. They always win.

Unread 26-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
You can do this with superhero films too. The key is in remembering they always win. If it's the second film, just assume they won in the first, and now they have to win again. They always win.
They didn't in Infinity War.

Let's be clear here. I go and see them because I have an 11 year old son, ostensibly the target audience for them. They're entertaining to me, nothing more. Not one of them would make it into my top ten favourite films of all time.

I also get they're not everyone's cup of tea.

However, I do find reading the wikipedia plot description and using it to make a critique of a piece of cinema weird and sad in equal measure.