United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread
 
Unread 21-01-2019, 06:42 PM
Albert Tatlock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Maybe a bit of both - I didn't get diagnosed as an Aspie until I was in my 30s, that would be pretty unthinkable these days.
So how many died in the cellar before they stopped you ?
 
Unread 21-01-2019, 07:13 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
So how many died in the cellar before they stopped you ?
These jokes are hitting rock bottom now, so to speak.
 
Unread 21-01-2019, 07:34 PM
suedeshoes
 
Default

Jokes?
 
Unread 23-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Switching Off
 
Default

Becks has taken a 10% stake in Salford. Probably means Scholesys sold him his stake so he can take the Oldham job.
 
Unread 23-01-2019, 01:26 PM
TheFatGoth
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Becks has taken a 10% stake in Salford. Probably means Scholesys sold him his stake so he can take the Oldham job.
"Buying" it back by the summer nqat
 
Unread 23-01-2019, 01:30 PM
Lok
 
Default

I was listening to Talksport last night and they were discussing the lack of black managers in the game.

They mentioned Sol Campbell had to start out at Macclesfield because he couldn't get a job elsewhere and implied it was due to the colour of his skin. They then spoke about how white managers can start at any level they wanted and that people like Scholes walk into jobs like Oldham.

They're in the same fucking league

Talk about using a bad example to make a good point.
 
Unread 23-01-2019, 01:39 PM
silv
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I was listening to Talksport last night and they were discussing the lack of black managers in the game.

They mentioned Sol Campbell had to start out at Macclesfield because he couldn't get a job elsewhere and implied it was due to the colour of his skin. They then spoke about how white managers can start at any level they wanted and that people like Scholes walk into jobs like Oldham.

They're in the same fucking league

Talk about using a bad example to make a good point.
 
Unread 23-01-2019, 02:55 PM
Switching Off
 
Default

P10 W4 D2 L4

Hardly worthy of the Spurs job Sol
 
Unread 23-01-2019, 03:17 PM
Lok
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
P10 W4 D2 L4

Hardly worthy of the Spurs job Sol
They were saying he should have got the Arsenal job. Absolutely baffling. The guy is a fucking idiot.

It's a really complicated issue and there is more at play than just race. Managers like Hughes, Moyes etc... stay on the manager merry-go-round despite constant failure. How the fuck do they keep getting jobs?

It seems impossible for aspiring British managers (white or black) to get a decent job. The same names keep getting jobs or clubs turn to an exciting manager from the continent.

Giggs won fucking everything as a player and struggled to get a job.

Chairman seem to think it's safer to take a clown like Moyes then it is to give a chance to a young manager. I'm glad Oldham are taking a chance and going for Scholes. It's probably motivated more by his marketability but at least it's giving someone new a go.

If clubs won't give young managers a chance, we'll never see more black managers in the game.
 
Unread 23-01-2019, 03:59 PM
Albert Tatlock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
They were saying he should have got the Arsenal job. Absolutely baffling. The guy is a fucking idiot.

It's a really complicated issue and there is more at play than just race. Managers like Hughes, Moyes etc... stay on the manager merry-go-round despite constant failure. How the fuck do they keep getting jobs?

It seems impossible for aspiring British managers (white or black) to get a decent job. The same names keep getting jobs or clubs turn to an exciting manager from the continent.

Giggs won fucking everything as a player and struggled to get a job.

Chairman seem to think it's safer to take a clown like Moyes then it is to give a chance to a young manager. I'm glad Oldham are taking a chance and going for Scholes. It's probably motivated more by his marketability but at least it's giving someone new a go.

If clubs won't give young managers a chance, we'll never see more black managers in the game.
I agree with you, but young managers cannot expect to walk into a club at top level*. You have to start lower down and prove yourself. Scholes is starting at the right place.

*Yes, i know Solskjaer is at utd, but he managed Molde successfully for years and learnt a lot at Cardiff. Giggs will learn at Wales... I just hope he doesn't turn out as conservative as Lesley.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Scholes to Oldham
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oldham job 'at wrong time' - Scholes fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 06-03-2015 11:20 AM
Paul Scholes might take charge of Oldham Athletic one day fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 24-10-2012 08:00 PM
Scholes considered Oldham stint fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 15-06-2011 01:40 PM
Scholes can forget Oldham, says Ferguson fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 17-09-2009 10:10 AM
scholes at goodison watching oldham chorleyred Football 36 06-01-2008 10:27 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:51 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2019 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.