United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 06-01-2019, 08:11 PM
waynes ear's

Slapshot

8/10

Some busters. Nae killins, plenty fighting.

Unread 06-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Buck

Horror channel just finished showing "A Study in Terror"

A Sherlock Holmes meets Jack the Ripper story. Decent watch.

7/10

Unread 07-01-2019, 08:38 AM
forwardirektion

The Favourite - Excellent.

Don't let the costume period stuff put you off it's by the guy who did the lobster and killing of sacred deer.

Mad that Sophie from Peep Show has won a golden globe

Unread 07-01-2019, 08:56 AM
Jethro

The Favourite - Enjoyed it way more than I could have possibly imagined. Without giving too much away its a three way struggle for power during Queen Anne's reign. Well acted, funny and beautifully shot.

Stayed Tuned - A couple obsessed with TV make a deal with the devil for a new TV system that traps them in a 24 hour race against time before going to hell. Loved it as a kid and more than holds up. Duane's Underworld scene is a treat.

The Hunted - Ex special ops instructor is hired to track down an ex student who's lost his marbles and started killin' folks. Loads of sniffing leaves and tracking prints in the woods. Very stabby too.

Arachnophobia - This did for spiders what Jaws did for sharks and the sea. Creepy bastards.

The Town - Heat lite set in Boston, or BAWSTON. Very enjoyable good old fashioned heist thriller.

The Passionate Friends - Three way love story centered around a woman who can never forget the love of her life whilst being married to a man simply out of convenience. The story unfolds after the three are put in rooms next to one another at a hotel. Quite a beautiful love story.

Unread 07-01-2019, 09:07 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The Hunted - Ex special ops instructor is hired to track down an ex student who's lost his marbles and started killin' folks. Loads of sniffing leaves and tracking prints in the woods. Very stabby too.
TLJ and BDT?

Always saw saw this as kind of an unofficial The Fugitive sequel.

Unread 07-01-2019, 10:22 AM
silv

will be posting a lot in here now as adult life takes it toll.

The Shape of Water
Decent film. Thought Michael Shannon was very good in it. Nice message and the fish was cool, but don't see how it won best picture. 6.8/10

National Treasure
Fun romp. Cage being ultra Cage.
7 Freemasons out of 10.

Unread 07-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
will be posting a lot in here now as adult life takes it toll.
If you think you're going to have time to watch a lot of films when the baby comes, you're in for a rude awakening.

Would love to live stream your first 2 weeks.

Unread 07-01-2019, 10:41 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The Favourite - Enjoyed it way more than I could have possibly imagined. Without giving too much away its a three way struggle for power during Queen Anne's reign. Well acted, funny and beautifully shot.

Stayed Tuned - A couple obsessed with TV make a deal with the devil for a new TV system that traps them in a 24 hour race against time before going to hell. Loved it as a kid and more than holds up. Duane's Underworld scene is a treat.

Arachnophobia - This did for spiders what Jaws did for sharks and the sea. Creepy bastards.

The Town - Heat lite set in Boston, or BAWSTON. Very enjoyable good old fashioned heist thriller.

The Passionate Friends - Three way love story centered around a woman who can never forget the love of her life whilst being married to a man simply out of convenience. The story unfolds after the three are put in rooms next to one another at a hotel. Quite a beautiful love story.
you single then ?

Unread 07-01-2019, 10:50 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
you single then ?
Yep. Also have the biggest fedora collection in the North West.

Unread 07-01-2019, 10:52 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
If you think you're going to have time to watch a lot of films when the baby comes, you're in for a rude awakening.

Would love to live stream your first 2 weeks.
i mean these next 2 months.