United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2019, 11:58 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
In a few friendlies? I think we are getting a bit out of hand suggesting Gomes is now suddenly twice the player Mata is. Hopefully Ole judges it properly but putting these lads on a platform before they've done anything in senior football doesn't help.

I'm happy for Gomes and a couple of others to make their mark in the Europa League. Throwing them in against Chelsea would be rash.
Agreed.

There's no rush.

There's clearly a place in the squad for them. They'll be good impact subs and if they start to make more of an impact than the senior players, then they'll be getting picked on merit.

I'd be more concerned if you couldn't see a route into the side for them, but you clearly can.

The likes of Lingard , Mata , lukaku were in and out of the side last season. We haven't replaced them, Ole likes his youth, so I'm sure we'll see plenty of these kids.

Unread 07-08-2019, 12:02 PM
dunk

Honestly just wish there was more of a midfield presence than Garner among the kids tbh. Have we not got any potential midfield powerhouses hidden anywhere

Unread 07-08-2019, 12:04 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Honestly just wish there was more of a midfield presence than Garner among the kids tbh. Have we not got any potential midfield powerhouses hidden anywhere

Bring him home

Unread 07-08-2019, 12:10 PM
puressence

Quote:
aliou traore and dion mcghee

Unread 07-08-2019, 12:10 PM
Ethers

Not arsed if he goes tbh, 18 years old and he’s throwing his toys out of the pram yet again and apparently threatening to move. Cheerio then.

Unread 07-08-2019, 12:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Not arsed if he goes tbh, 18 years old and he’s throwing his toys out of the pram yet again and apparently threatening to move. Cheerio then.

Unread 07-08-2019, 12:23 PM
dragflick

Quote:
That young lad Ngalula must be nearly ready? The black Vieira apparently.

Unread 07-08-2019, 05:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
That young lad Ngalula must be nearly ready?
Retired in 2015 aged just 28, apparently

Unread 19-08-2019, 11:13 PM
AK14

Bring him onto the bench in place of Mata for the palace game please.

Unread 20-08-2019, 02:41 AM
Chris Quayd

Talk that he’s stalling on a contract renewal.

Unread 20-08-2019, 06:04 AM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Don't blame him. He deserves more game time. Every time he plays he creates chances.

Unread 20-08-2019, 06:16 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Don't blame him. He deserves more game time. Every time he plays he creates chances.
Can't be any worse than Daniel James.

Unread 20-08-2019, 06:41 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Can't be any worse than Daniel James.
You £#%&!ing imbecile

Unread 20-08-2019, 06:50 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
You £#%&!ing imbecile

Unread 20-08-2019, 08:38 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
In a few friendlies? I think we are getting a bit out of hand suggesting Gomes is now suddenly twice the player Mata is. Hopefully Ole judges it properly but putting these lads on a platform before they've done anything in senior football doesn't help.

I'm happy for Gomes and a couple of others to make their mark in the Europa League. Throwing them in against Chelsea would be rash.

Unread 20-08-2019, 08:45 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Yeah so does Lingar....

Unread 20-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

At least give Gomes the chance to fail, rather than justifying the inclusion of Lingard and Mata who fail nearly every time.

Lingard and Mata playing such important roles for us is going to be a huge problem.

Unread 20-08-2019, 08:50 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
At least give Gomes the chance to fail, rather than justifying the inclusion of Lingard and Mata who fail nearly every time.

Lingard and Mata playing such important roles for us is going to be a huge problem.
The only thing I remember Mata doing yesterday was misplacing a few passes. I genuinely cannot remember anything else he contributed during his time on the pitch.

Unread 20-08-2019, 09:45 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Yep.

Probably why he wasn’t involved much in pre season.

He’ll be tearing it up in Germany next season while we still have Mata and Lingard making us tear up.

Unread 20-08-2019, 02:14 PM
Coracao

Hopefully will make the bench for the Palace match, but have my doubts. Wonder if we will ever get to the stage where we can actually list more than 7 subs. Serie A moved to 12 ages ago, would likely give more opportunities to some younger players, instead of managers not wanting to leave senior pros out of the squad...
Closed Thread