United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2008, 12:33 PM
LH_88

Thumbs down Do people on day trips to Barca...

Not feel a bit guilty that you're taking basically all the tickets away from independant travellers?

I've applied with two credits, and was thinking I had a decent chance of getting a ticket. But browsing around, the sheer number of MU Travel bods leaves me thinking I've got no chance.

£#%&!ing stinks. The day has arrived where the club have an almost complete monopoly on those travelling to Euro aways. How many #@&%!heads will be out there who haven't got off their fat arse all season, but are now because it's the semi final and not £#%&!ing October in Kiev.

Yes, I sound like a bitter @#%&! but I'm angry :shakehead:

Unread 11-04-2008, 12:45 PM
MUFC One Love

I think it's a disgrace that if you book on the MU Travel thing you get a ticket and other reds who have been to a few Euro Aways won't get a ticket.

Unread 11-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Rossi the Red

JCL Airways are making a killing!

Unread 11-04-2008, 12:49 PM
LH_88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I think it's a disgrace that if you book on the MU Travel thing you get a ticket and other reds who have been to a few Euro Aways won't get a ticket.
It's ridiculous.

If I don't get a ticket I'm going to spam Karl Evans to £#%&! until he sends me one.

THE @#%&!

Unread 11-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Terry Silver

yet more guidance on how to be a top red.

Unread 11-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Ether

Personally, I'd have reserved all the Barca tickets for locals only. Maybe kept a 100 or so to be shared out among the cockney Reds.

Unread 11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
LH_88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Take your head for a shit you dullard.

Or even better, stick to talking %@#$&!s and leave the people who want the fans treated fairly to discuss it in peace.

#@&%!sniff.

Unread 11-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Enjoying Insanity

The system is £#%&!ed and shafts supporters who have followed United through Europe all season and have risked their life (Roma) in doing so.

Shows the club up for the shower of @#%&!s that they are.

Unread 11-04-2008, 01:03 PM
George Bestial

I'm not in the least bit arsed if we don't get in the ground.

Said all along I'd rather watch it in a Barcelona pub than a Manchester pub and if we get a brief that doesn't cost the earth then it's a bonus.

Adopt that attitude and you won't go far wrong.

Unread 11-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Personally, I'd have reserved all the Barca tickets for locals only. Maybe kept a 100 or so to be shared out among the cockney Reds.
I'm with you on that, should be a pre-requisite to show your birth certificate for games like this, and priority given for those people.

Unread 11-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Really?

I thought he was just airing his concerns that people who deserve tickets for Barca (because they've been to most of the Eura aways) are getting chubbed in place of people who like the glam of a semi final, but haven't been all season. MU Travel is the easy option.

Sounds like common sense to me, rather than some Top Red preaching.

Unread 11-04-2008, 01:06 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by LH_88
Not feel a bit guilty that you're taking basically all the tickets away from independant travellers?
Honestly why would they? They don't think of it as taking your ticket they think of it as paying way over the odds and getting shafted by United.

Unread 11-04-2008, 01:06 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Really?

I thought he was just airing his concerns that people who deserve tickets for Barca (because they've been to most of the Eura aways) are getting chubbed in place of people who like the glam of a semi final, but haven't been all season. MU Travel is the easy option.

Sounds like common sense to me, rather than some Top Red preaching.
Yep. Don't where know the Top Red stuff is in this thread.

It's pretty obvious really, how can some @#%&! who goes through MU Travel and gets a ticket who hasn't do any Euro Aways deserve it over someone who's done a few?

Unread 11-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Really?

I thought he was just airing his concerns that people who deserve tickets for Barca (because they've been to most of the Eura aways)
But plenty of the people who apparently 'deserve' tickets because they've got a few credits haven't actually been to any of the games at all.

Unread 11-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Agreed. I'd even go as far as saying tickets should be available for over 23's only.

Unread 11-04-2008, 01:10 PM
LH_88

I'm debating posting this on fredtissue to gauge the reaction but it will probably end up in me being banned.

Does anyone have a contact email for Karl Evans or someone high up (ish) at the TO?

Want to get my punches in early before the inevitable chubbing on tuesday

Unread 11-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
But plenty of the people who apparently 'deserve' tickets because they've got a few credits haven't actually been to any of the games at all.
True, I mean that happens everywhere though - home games, away games, euro aways. It's impossible to regulate, you just hope the person using the credits is the right type of supporter like a relation. MU Travel, you can presume he/she isn't.

Unread 11-04-2008, 01:21 PM
m14red

in the same boat. that said, don't assume that MU Travel people haven't been to any previous aways.

Unread 11-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by m14red
in the same boat. that said, don't assume that MU Travel people haven't been to any previous aways.
That's what I thought.

They also might be 23 year old + Mancs with very moody faces and black jackets.

Unread 11-04-2008, 01:23 PM
LH_88

Quote:
Originally Posted by m14red
Saw the coaches full of them pull up in Kiev.

Strange, strange bunch. Many of them had rucksacks and/or Flasks and Sandwiches.
Closed Thread