United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Neon Tiger

Default Antonio Valencia is signing in the summer apparently

EXCLUSIVE: Wigan winger Valencia WILL sign for Manchester United in the summer

Antonio Valencia will sign for Manchester United during the summer transfer window.

Sportsmail understands that Wigan are resigned to losing their Ecuador winger to the champions for a fee in excess of £5million.

The same agent who engineered Wilson Palacios's £12m move from the JJB Stadium to Tottenham in January will act as intermediary in the Valencia deal.

Sir Alex Ferguson has been monitoring the progress of the 23-year-old wide player for some time, having expressed an interest in the former Villarreal star last summer, according to the player's agent Diego Herrera.

Last summer, when United allegedly came knocking, Latics boss Steve Bruce admitted the lustre of the Red Devils would be too much to resist for any of his young players.

Bruce said: 'Come on, we have to be sensible about this. If Man United come knocking at the door, how the hell can you refuse them?

'I'm aware you can't deny somebody like a Manchester United or a Liverpool or a Tottenham.

'This club never wanted to sell (Pascal) Chimbonda, but players want to go and you can understand that, so we have to be realistic as well.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo....html?ITO=1490

£5m doesn't seem a lot, must be a clause put in his contract before he really exploded this season.

Ronaldo to go then? Or to be moved upfront while Carlitos goes. I'm convinced one of them is gonna leave in the summer.

Unread 18-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Gazw649

Tosic must be really shit.

Unread 18-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649
nft

Unread 18-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Neon Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649
Valencia is gonna play on the right mate.

Tosic is a left footed winger, something we don't have at the club.

If the rumours about him not impressing in the reserves are true, then he's in the same boat Evra and Vidic were 3 years ago - I recall them having some absolute shockers in the ressies.

Unread 18-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Ether

The WILL being in capital letters has convinced me this is actually true.

Unread 18-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Tiger
If the rumours about him not impressing in the reserves are true, then he's in the same boat Evra and Vidic were 3 years ago - I recall them having some absolute shockers in the ressies.
The rumours on here?

Unread 18-03-2009, 06:15 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Same here.

Viva Valencia!

Unread 18-03-2009, 06:16 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The rumours on here?
Yeah, the rumours that started on here about 3 hours ago!
Valencia>Tosspot

Unread 18-03-2009, 06:25 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The rumours on here?

Unread 18-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

if we can't get Jose Ernesto yet then Valencia wouldn't be a bad consolation to keep his place warm

Unread 18-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Ginners

i revealed this about 6 weeks ago

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=79

good player, doubt it will be anywhere near 5 million though

Unread 18-03-2009, 06:51 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
i revealed this about 6 weeks ago

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=79

good player, doubt it will be anywhere near 5 million though
And what would your valuation be Ginners?

Unread 18-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
And what would your valuation be Ginners?
i paid just under 15million on football manager start of this season i would be surprised to see him go for much less than that

Unread 18-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Tronics

Hhmmm...

Rather we'd sign a proper centre forward.

Unread 18-03-2009, 07:11 PM
naes_sean

RIP Nani.

Top Red.

Unread 18-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Rhodzy

Nice to see you back leg saf.

Unread 18-03-2009, 07:15 PM
wonky no

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Wigan winger Valencia WILL sign for Manchester United in the summer

Antonio Valencia will sign for Manchester United during the summer transfer window.

Sportsmail understands that Wigan are resigned to losing their Ecuador winger to the champions for a fee in excess of £5million.

The same agent who engineered Wilson Palacios's £12m move from the JJB Stadium to Tottenham in January will act as intermediary in the Valencia deal.

Sir Alex Ferguson has been monitoring the progress of the 23-year-old wide player for some time, having expressed an interest in the former Villarreal star last summer, according to the player's agent Diego Herrera.

Last summer, when United allegedly came knocking, Latics boss Steve Bruce admitted the lustre of the Red Devils would be too much to resist for any of his young players.

Bruce said: 'Come on, we have to be sensible about this. If Man United come knocking at the door, how the hell can you refuse them?

'I'm aware you can't deny somebody like a Manchester United or a Liverpool or a Tottenham.

'This club never wanted to sell (Pascal) Chimbonda, but players want to go and you can understand that, so we have to be realistic as well.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo....html?ITO=1490

£5m doesn't seem a lot, must be a clause put in his contract before he really exploded this season.

Ronaldo to go then? Or to be moved upfront while Carlitos goes. I'm convinced one of them is gonna leave in the summer.
narni will perhaps go the other way.

Unread 18-03-2009, 07:38 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether

Unread 19-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Neon Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
narni will perhaps go the other way.
No chance.

Unread 19-03-2009, 11:52 AM
sullers

Quote:
No chance.
Yeah, they wouldn't want him.