United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Not talking about the glazers and ownership, obvs, although I couldn't help but notice he was about 15 years too late with that ship

"The time is now, enough is enough... We demand our club back"

Lady 18 years, crickets* silence....

That is the ultimate coward....a piss weak man

Unread 19-01-2024, 01:14 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Lady 18 years, crickets* silence....

Decent spark though, so I've heard.

Unread 19-01-2024, 01:15 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Last 18 years, crickets* silence....

Unread 19-01-2024, 01:19 PM
est.1878

neville's forced laugh really gets to me.

Unread 19-01-2024, 01:46 PM
Buck

I think Neville goes too far the other way in commentary of trying to not come across biased. Compare it to Carragher who shrieks in excitement at Liverpool scoring an important goal. I think some of his actions with Salford also diminish a bit of the credibility of his arguments regarding ownership, giving managers time. However I don't dislike the guy at all. In fact sometimes I feel he lets himself be the figure of fun too much among the Sky panel considering he played 600 times for the most successful manager and dominant club team this country has seen. Again you hear Carragher in contrast talk as if he was Maldini.

To name someone who is disliked - Michael Owen gets invited to Liverpool club legend matches yet he is obviously seen as a traitor. In fact he is probably the only balon d'or winner in history who isn't favoured by any of the fans of any of the clubs he played for.

Unread 19-01-2024, 01:57 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Decent spark though, so I've heard.

Unread 19-01-2024, 02:17 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
However I don't dislike the guy at all. In fact sometimes I feel he lets himself be the figure of fun too much among the Sky panel considering he played 600 times for the most successful manager and dominant club team this country has seen. Again you hear Carragher in contrast talk as if he was Maldini.
Totally agree with this. The fella is absolutely dripping in medals, he's got more insight than any of the other planks regarding winning teams.

I think he's a decent bloke, but his habit of getting on his soapbox is never going to endear him to people. Don't mind his punditry but when he's on co-commentary on either United or Liverpool games he boils my piss.

Unread 19-01-2024, 02:37 PM
pedr0

I find it a bit mad that united fans genuinely hate him.
he just reminds me of the annoying mate in every friendship group. tedious memes in the group chat, sending you a request to split a £6 Uber, to-the-hour itinerary on a stag do etc

Unread 19-01-2024, 03:21 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
tedious memes in the group chat, sending you a request to split a £6 Uber, to-the-hour itinerary on a stag do etc
I wish I had a mate like that he sounds awesome…. Oh

Unread 19-01-2024, 03:23 PM
Travis Bickle

I like Neville. Obviously I have tremendous respect for his playing career and I can tolerate his punditry, annoying as it has been at times. He also seems like a decent bloke - Labour guy, helping Manchester homeless etc. So I don't get the hate on here.

Ince on the other hand.

Regarding the OP - I have no idea what other fans think of their former players. I can't imagine Arsenal fans were too chuffed with RvP joining us, or Leeds with Smith, Rio. I doubt they now hate them with the same venom as our online support does its former players.

Unread 19-01-2024, 08:40 PM
Knockers

I feel the same about Shoe-Michael as Phil Leotardo did about that animal Blundetto. I’m delighted Keane sparked him, the ugly snowman-looking Judas blue @#%&!. I’m sure us losing the league in 95 was his fault somehow as well. #@&%!.

I could never hate Mark Hughes though. It would be like beefing with my own dad. He was the united-est united player imaginable in my most formative years. Leave him alone.

Unread 20-01-2024, 09:52 AM
Taibi

Loved him as a player but can’t stand him as a “pundit”. Same for Keane, too. It’s all an act and a character.

Unread 20-01-2024, 11:59 AM
magic_cantona

Schmeichel has always come across as a great player but an utter turd of a man. Not a hero of mine but probably our best ever keeper.

Keane will be doing karaoke soon and 'pranking' people whilst his mates film him - he's like a parody of who he was. He makes me laugh though and an all time great player.

Nevilles just a shit stain though. Live comms, he can't say anything positive about us, ever. A total sell out. Almost mocks us.

Unread 20-01-2024, 02:36 PM
Neo

Personally I love all of our legends. Can't really think of anyone who was a truly great player for us that I dislike.

Schmeichel, Keane, Neville. Absolutely incredible players, and the fact they're all different types of arsehole contributed to what made them so good.

The Neville hate amongst our support is overdone IMO. He's just an opinionated workaholic who does his job very well.

Unread 20-01-2024, 03:30 PM
BarryX

Surprised nobody's mentioned Giggsy. A true legend on the pitch for us, but off it...

Unread 20-01-2024, 03:40 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Surprised nobody's mentioned Giggsy. A true legend on the pitch for us, but off it...
I was going to mention Best but I thought it would get me shot down.

A truly great player but he let Busby and the club down and made Greenwood look like an angel.

I can't imagine many fans dislike him though so maybe it's a bad call.

Unread 20-01-2024, 04:02 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
I was going to mention Best but I thought it would get me shot down.

A truly great player but he let Busby and the club down and made Greenwood look like an angel.

I can't imagine many fans dislike him though so maybe it's a bad call.
Guess it's because he's from a different era and that alcoholism was a factor? With Giggs it was seemingly all down to his ego. Not nice to think about either's off-the-field antics

Unread 20-01-2024, 04:04 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Personally I love all of our legends. Can't really think of anyone who was a truly great player for us that I dislike.

Schmeichel, Keane, Neville. Absolutely incredible players, and the fact they're all different types of arsehole contributed to what made them so good.

The Neville hate amongst our support is overdone IMO. He's just an opinionated workaholic who does his job very well.
To be objective? Not really 'very well' tbf. He's absolutely horrendous when it comes to us.

Unread 20-01-2024, 04:27 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
To be objective? Not really 'very well' tbf. He's absolutely horrendous when it comes to us.
It seems like the media will only invite ex-United players if they promise to be critical of us and only invite ex-Liverpool players if they join in with the general Liverpool love-in.

Unread 20-01-2024, 04:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Michael Owen.

The only player who will ever play for United and Liverpool and be utterly despised by both.