United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Jack Duckworth

Default Alex Ferguson was to blame for us not winning

slag rooney, fletcher, park etc off all you like, but the fact is, we had no striker on the bench again. it is £#%&!ing ridiculous and it's down to the manager.

i appreciate ronaldo/giggs/scholes can play upfront if needed, but when ole scores against reading and then isn't even on the bench against newcastle, it is wrong.

ole would've buried the chance park hit the post with.

2 points dropped and it is fergies fault*

*please don't confuse this minor criticism as a fergie out thread. it is not.

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:05 PM
El Calafate

FERGIE OUT! nft.

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:06 PM
wiganste

Hey, we've only won 17 out of 22.

Our club is in a right state

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Hey, we've only won 17 out of 22.

Our club is in a right state
i was talking specifically about the newcastle game ( i even put a disclaimer in for the idiots).

presumably you agree with not having a striker on the bench, then?

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Qwertyuiop

Ronaldo and Giggs can play up front, Park was on the bench, so that was the striker cover.

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:12 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i was talking specifically about the newcastle game ( i even put a disclaimer in for the idiots).

presumably you agree with not having a striker on the bench, then?
Ole yes Smith no plus its not all doom and gloom Henrik might add a few.

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Ronaldo and giggs could play up front but they didn't. Ronaldo was glued to the one spot on the left wing and giggs was nowhere near
Rooney, who is pants as a lone striker, just like Evra would be pants in goals or Ferdinand would be pants in Central defence.

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:14 PM
wiganste

The thing is, we can't win every game. Ok, we £#%&!ed up yesterday but we're still 7* points clear. It's easy to blame Ferguson for the result. If it wasn't for a few fine saves from Given, the post getting hit when we were on top in the 1st half and a goal line clearence from Solano, we would have won the game comfortably.

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:18 PM
dodger

But why not have Ole on the bench? Seems pretty obvious to me

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:21 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
But why not have Ole on the bench? Seems pretty obvious to me
I agree with that. We were crying out for someone like Ole. But if you were Fergie and you saw Newcastle's team, you'd have expected us to win it with the players he picked.

I think his biggest mistake was keeping Carrick on the bench. But what do I know, eh?

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:22 PM
jem

Default the trouble with playing giggs or ronaldo up front

is that then you get park on the wing.

there was no £#%&!ing excuse for not having a striking option. even allowing for the fact that our better players all missed chances too and it wouldn't necessarily have won us the game and we are still 7 points clear. it's just £#%&!ing common sense.

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Qwertyuiop

J Spark is a footballing genius.

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:26 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I think his biggest mistake was keeping Carrick on the bench. But what do I know, eh?
too true. the way newcastle's midfield played, we needed someone basically competent to use the ball.

although god only knows what team it would actually make sense to play fletch against.

newcastle played the same way they always play against us. that had 6-2 written all over it. only scholesy rememebered what playing against newcastle means.

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:29 PM
thatsfuctit

I agree.

I obviously would have taken the postion we are in now, had i been offered it at the start of the season.

I realise a few of our players are versatile and can operate in other roles, but I was concerned in this game as some others (Shef U springs to mind) where there were "no goals" on the bench.

Without wishing to get my boxers in a twist, we seem to have forgotton how many holes we got out of in 98/99 by having four strikers and normally two were on the bench.

True strikers ability is not something everyone has, and the likes of Ole have proved time and time again that they have that inate knack of being in the right spot at the right time, I think Larsson has the same knack and presumably he won't be getting many weeks off over a three month spell.

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Without wishing to get my boxers in a twist, we seem to have forgotton how many holes we got out of in 98/99 by having four strikers and normally two were on the bench.

True strikers ability is not something everyone has, and the likes of Ole have proved time and time again that they have that inate knack of being in the right spot at the right time, I think Larsson has the same knack and presumably he won't be getting many weeks off over a three month spell.
best post ever on either RI or FT.

Unread 02-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Filliam H. Muffman

I would have started with this team yesterday;

FMy, but bear with me.

GK; Edwin
DL; Evra
DC; Rio
DC; Vidic
DR; Neville
MR; Ronaldo
ML; Giggs
MC; Carrick
MC; Scholes
FC; Solskjær
FC; Rooney

Bench; Kuczhazckazkh, Heinze, Rossi, Saha, and Park.

If it wasn't working out; in with Saha and/or Rossi.

Easy peasy.

Somebody prefers it the hard way though.

Unread 02-01-2007, 01:18 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
best post ever on either RI or FT.
why thank you, i feel a new signature coming on!

Unread 02-01-2007, 01:32 PM
armchair

Maybe Ole was just not physically up to it.

Agree Carrick was the big miss. He was poor in his last game though and Fergie took the chance to show him he wasn't indespensible but proved he was.

Fletcher is piggy in the middle at training and piggy in the middle on the pitch.

Unread 02-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
slag rooney, fletcher, park etc off all you like, but the fact is, we had no striker on the bench again. it is £#%&!ing ridiculous and it's down to the manager.

i appreciate ronaldo/giggs/scholes can play upfront if needed, but when ole scores against reading and then isn't even on the bench against newcastle, it is wrong.

ole would've buried the chance park hit the post with.

2 points dropped and it is fergies fault*

*please don't confuse this minor criticism as a fergie out thread. it is not.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Unread 02-01-2007, 02:36 PM
magic_cantona

I was £#%&!ing fuming after that result yesterday and I was more nuts about Fletcher starting.I was blaming Ferguson for the whole show.

Today, after some reflection and some growing up, I'm thinking very differently.We drew at Newcastle in a game we deserved to win.So £#%&!ing what?Chelsea dropped points at home to Fulham and Reading.Let's all put some perspective into things.

We're very good this season but can't win every game.Drawing away to Newcastle whilst still being 4 points (worst case scenario) clear, is not something to start freaking out over.
Closed Thread