United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Crash Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I said exactly the same thing to someone at work yesterday - well I said I'd take Sniejder, Ramos and a bit of cash.

how about casillas, ramos, sneijder and some cash......

Unread 14-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

Real Madrid would be £#%&!ing awesome with Ronaldo in their team.

And a serious threat to United's potential dominance of European football for the next couple of years.

When you're mulling over what the best business solution might be for United's banking industry sponsored owners you might wanna take that into account.

Unread 14-06-2008, 01:35 PM
jem

Default I will

but then I'm not making the decisions.

yet.

Unread 14-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
but then I'm not making the decisions.

yet.
patience is a virtue

Unread 14-06-2008, 03:24 PM
MUFC One Love

This story was out a few weeks ago wasn't it?

The Glazers wouldn't sell behind Fergies/Gills back. With the amount of prize money etc and being the best team about the club are in the best position they can be in terms of choosing whether to sell or not.

Ronaldo will be here next season but the season after I think he'll be off.

Unread 14-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Sparky***

I can just see the telephone conversation between Calderon and Malcolm Glazer.

RC: Hello Malcolm, it's Ramon Calderon here.

MG: Who? Are you the guy that cleans the pool?

RC: No, no. I am president of Real Madrid.

MG: What country is that? Is it in Australia?

RC: No! You misunderstand, I wish to talk with you about buying Ronaldo.

MG: Ronaldo?

RC: Sei, sei, the footballer.

MG: Is he a quarterback? I don't know many mexican quarterbacks.

RC: Oh ffs.

Unread 14-06-2008, 04:13 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Real Madrid would be £#%&!ing awesome with Ronaldo in their team.

And a serious threat to United's potential dominance of European football for the next couple of years.

When you're mulling over what the best business solution might be for United's banking industry sponsored owners you might wanna take that into account.
nah. there's no reason to think that, tbh. ronnie would improve any team in the world, no doubt, but real's problems run deep. they were very poor last year and deservedly beaten by roma in the cl - not even reaching the quarters. they were unimpressive in the group phase and were diabolical for the whole second half of the season, limping over the line in la liga only thanks to barca being even more dismal. i don't see anything to suggest they'd be awesome with ronnie brought in unless they buy elsewhere as well.

their midfield and defence needs a complete overhaul imo. if they've got upwards of 70m euros to spend they'd be better off getting moutinho, aguero and a decent centre back in than blowing it all on ronnie. impressive as he is at the euros, ruud has not impressed for most of this year and i think he'll struggle similarly next year. robhino (who i didn't use to rate, to be honest) has been their talisman for most of the year, not ruud or schneijder.

Unread 14-06-2008, 04:17 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
nah. there's no reason to think that, tbh. ronnie would improve any team in the world, no doubt, but real's problems run deep. they were very poor last year and deservedly beaten by roma in the cl - not even reaching the quarters. they were unimpressive in the group phase and were diabolical for the whole second half of the season, limping over the line in la liga only thanks to barca being even more dismal. i don't see anything to suggest they'd be awesome with ronnie brought in unless they buy elsewhere as well.

their midfield and defence needs a complete overhaul imo. if they've got upwards of 70m euros to spend they'd be better off getting moutinho, aguero and a decent centre back in than blowing it all on ronnie. impressive as he is at the euros, ruud has not impressed for most of this year and i think he'll struggle similarly next year. robhino (who i didn't use to rate, to be honest) has been their talisman for most of the year, not ruud or schneijder.

£#%&!ing great post

Unread 14-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
robhino (who i didn't use to rate, to be honest) has been their talisman for most of the year, not schneijder.

It was all going so well.

Unread 14-06-2008, 05:08 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
It was all going so well.

true, though. there was a period after christmas when robinho got injured and real just couldn't buy a goal. there was one game when he was coming back from injury, they didn't want him to play and so they put him on the bench. they were behind (0-2, 0-1 - can't remember) and brought him on in the second half, came back to win as i remember.

like i said, didn't really rate him a while back but i'll hold my hand up - he's done the business for them this year.

Unread 14-06-2008, 05:25 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I said exactly the same thing to someone at work yesterday - well I said I'd take Sniejder, Ramos and a bit of cash.
And who's place would Ramos be taking?

Unread 14-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Talking

Real may have limped over the line, but they limped over it very very comfortably. Don't be fooled

Ronaldo is the best player in the world, and if you throw him in amongst the talent Real have going forward - and as long as it clicks - they would be awesome.

I never saw much of the Real vs Roma tie, but even if the result was deserved it's still small margins. Look at Milan last season; we were a far superior team to them, yet Kaka was able to shine and they took advantage of us at a vulnerable moment. And look at Barcelona reaching the semi-finals this season, despite falling well short domestically.

With the confidence Ronaldo brings to the party he'd turn any of the top continental sides into potential world-beaters, and Real on a roll are a match for anybody.

It makes no sense at all to claim that United will sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid imo, not for business reasons, and not for footballing reasons either. United would deal with his absence no doubt, but Real would be vastly improved.

And that is without mentioning (until now!) the potential effect on the pulling power for would-be transfer targets of the two clubs should Ronaldo be freed to switch clubs.

Unread 14-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Fat Al

Right now, the person you need to worry about most is Scolari. He knows that if he gets Ronaldo out of United, his job as Chelsea manager will be a £#%&!ing sight easier.

He'll either tell Ronaldo to go to Real or Chelsea might even put in a bid for him.

Unread 15-06-2008, 03:45 AM
shenwen

"Ronaldo, I can disclose, has said ‘yes’ "

harry £#%&!ing harris. daily express. wrote it in the pub.

Unread 15-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Right now, the person you need to worry about most is Scolari. He knows that if he gets Ronaldo out of United, his job as Chelsea manager will be a £#%&!ing sight easier.

He'll either tell Ronaldo to go to Real or Chelsea might even put in a bid for him.
Ferguson: "we'd have looked after Gazza properly, not like that Venables spiv @#%&!"

Unread 15-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Rhodzy

The Mirror is saying he's staying. Other papers are saying that he agreed personal terms with Madrid months ago.

Unread 15-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

so what of the stories about Ronaldo saying as long as the money Real are talking about (transfer fee and wages) is true then he'd like to play at Real?

surely this change in the story can now be reported by all newsmedia, and their previous versions (cobbled around the above comment) retracted, no?

i am stunned Ronaldo was chatting with Di Salvo btw. if that's not a sign then nothing is

who is the senior Manchester United source? Peter Kenyon?
Closed Thread