Unread 26-08-2008, 01:59 PM
armchair

terrible finish for the disallowed goal

Unread 26-08-2008, 02:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Absolutely, the way he totally £#%&!ed it up into the bottom corner coming from an onside position was a disgrace.

Unread 26-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Thiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I'm talking about the 2 chances in the first half, not that chance in the 2nd half where the Portsmouth defence and James slowed down after hearing the whistle.

Hope he punishes the Russians on Saturday.

Unread 26-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
I'm talking about the 2 chances in the first half, not that chance in the 2nd half where the Portsmouth defence and James slowed down after hearing the whistle.

Unread 26-08-2008, 02:07 PM
SilverSurfer

Thought this thread was going to be about another unpunished foul on him in the box.

Unread 26-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Ether

Hardly poor finishing. The first one he had players closing him down, and in the end had to squeeze a shot through someone's legs. Not an easy opportunity at all.

The 2nd was created by his own brilliance, again. Not a shoe-in again, difficult chance, a foot to the right and he'd have scored one of the goals of the season already.

The only chance you'd expect him to put away more often than not, he did. Beautifully. But it was disallowed wrongly.

Unread 26-08-2008, 02:22 PM
marlo stansfield

his first shot which was straight at the keeper was as poor as you will see from a top class striker.

if you look at where he was positioned and where he hit it, you could tell the lad doesnt know what he is doing infront of goal atm.

hopefully he will get his confidence back but that was poor when you see how much of the goal he had to aim at.

Unread 26-08-2008, 02:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Hardly poor finishing. The first one he had players closing him down, and in the end had to squeeze a shot through someone's legs. Not an easy opportunity at all.

Spot on that, had a split second to get the shot away due to the defender closing him down.

Unread 26-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Rhodzy

I didn't see a poor finish last night.

Unread 26-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
hopefully he will get his confidence back but that was poor when you see how much of the goal he had to aim at.
The shot ended up going through someone's legs. I think that will generally cut down on how much of the goal there is to aim at.

Unread 26-08-2008, 02:38 PM
naes_sean

Quote:

laughable.

Unread 26-08-2008, 04:21 PM
MJ Ramone

I bet Thiago, Sharath & co. cheered more last night when that @#%&! of a linesman put his incorrect flag up than they did when Fletcher scored

You really could not make it up.
The sniping at Rooney is out of control.

He had a very decent game last night. He looked sharp, his hold up play was great, a few powerful runs, fantastic understanding with Tevez & Anderson in particular, he looked a lot fitter than last week & he should have had a goal & a penalty if it wasn't for appalling reffereeing.

The Portsmouth players didn't 'slow down' you gormless @#%&!. They stopped because they stepped up to try & play offside..James didn't pull out of anything either.

I despair of some of the opinions on here at times. £#%&!ing pathetic:shakehead:

Unread 26-08-2008, 06:13 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Great player but awful finisher.
£#%&! off #@&%! sucker

Unread 26-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
What the ears said

Unread 26-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I bet Thiago, Sharath & co. cheered more last night when that @#%&! of a linesman put his incorrect flag up than they did when Fletcher scored

You really could not make it up.
The sniping at Rooney is out of control.

He had a very decent game last night. He looked sharp, his hold up play was great, a few powerful runs, fantastic understanding with Tevez & Anderson in particular, he looked a lot fitter than last week & he should have had a goal & a penalty if it wasn't for appalling reffereeing.

The Portsmouth players didn't 'slow down' you gormless @#%&!. They stopped because they stepped up to try & play offside..James didn't pull out of anything either.

I despair of some of the opinions on here at times. £#%&!ing pathetic:shakehead:

as usual spot on.

Unread 26-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91135

Hopefully Berbs will concentrate his mind by providing some competition - something he hasnt had at club or international level for years.

Unread 26-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91135

Hopefully Berbs will concentrate his mind by providing some competition - something he hasnt had at club or international level for years.
He's never had competition at club level though.

Unread 26-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Whip Hubley

i am on the verge of tears when i open threads like this

Unread 26-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
i am on the verge of tears when i open threads like this
I think people are just expressing that they want to see more from Rooney. I dont know why some on here (not you) need to go crazy when the point is brought up.

People look at Wazza and expect him to be on the same level as Ronaldo, but that clearly isnt the case.
Closed Thread