United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Thiago

Default £75m Ronaldo...and He Says Yes To £300,000 A Week

Saturday June 14,2008
By Harry Harris

Real Madrid plan to outflank Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United by lodging a world-record £75million bid directly to the Glazer family in their latest attempt to sign Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo, I can disclose, has said ‘yes’ to a £300,000-a-week offer from Real to his agent, which would make him by far the world’s highest-paid player.

With Ronaldo apparently already mentally divorced from United, Madrid plan to appeal to the club’s owners, the Glazers, to accept his wishes – and a huge bounty of transfer cash.

The next stage of Real’s unorthodox and highly inflammatory tactics is guaranteed to raise the level of Ferguson’s temper.

Two weeks ago he was tipped off that Real might try something like this and immediately chief executive David Gill held talks with the Glazers.

Gill received assurances that they would not entertain Real and would leave transfer negotiations to the management. At that point Ferguson was bullish, declaring: “What Real Madrid are doing is awful. I’ve had a couple of meetings with the Glazers and their attitude was, ‘to hell with them’. They would sit a player in the stand – I’m telling you – to prove a point.

http://www.express.co.uk/football/vi...300-000-a-week

If true and the Yanks did something behind his back, Fergie would walk right?

I could take Ronaldo going seeing as he's evidently choosing more money over a better career but it would be really hard to stomach losing Ferguson in the same summer and in such a manner. Really doubt the Glazers would do it though, they know Ronaldo and Ferguson are worth 10 times that sort of money put together.

Unread 14-06-2008, 10:01 AM
marlo stansfield

id take £60m plus sniejer tbh.

Unread 14-06-2008, 10:04 AM
thatsfuctit

just read it in't paper..

if he wants to go, let him go.

But just screw the Madrid bastards into the ground with the deal,

Unread 14-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Mr_Ed

:shakehead:

Old news being dredged up again... FFS just ignore it.

Unread 14-06-2008, 10:05 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
I think everyone would.

Not that they'd get shut of Sneijder though.

Just wish we'd bring in a £#%&!ing forward, my arse is going now.

Unread 14-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
Saturday June 14,2008
By Harry Harris

Real Madrid plan to outflank Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United by lodging a world-record £75million bid directly to the Glazer family in their latest attempt to sign Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo, I can disclose, has said ‘yes’ to a £300,000-a-week offer from Real to his agent, which would make him by far the world’s highest-paid player.

With Ronaldo apparently already mentally divorced from United, Madrid plan to appeal to the club’s owners, the Glazers, to accept his wishes – and a huge bounty of transfer cash.

The next stage of Real’s unorthodox and highly inflammatory tactics is guaranteed to raise the level of Ferguson’s temper.

Two weeks ago he was tipped off that Real might try something like this and immediately chief executive David Gill held talks with the Glazers.

Gill received assurances that they would not entertain Real and would leave transfer negotiations to the management. At that point Ferguson was bullish, declaring: “What Real Madrid are doing is awful. I’ve had a couple of meetings with the Glazers and their attitude was, ‘to hell with them’. They would sit a player in the stand – I’m telling you – to prove a point.

http://www.express.co.uk/football/vi...300-000-a-week

If true and the Yanks did something behind his back, Fergie would walk right?

I could take Ronaldo going seeing as he's evidently choosing more money over a better career but it would be really hard to stomach losing Ferguson in the same summer and in such a manner. Really doubt the Glazers would do it though, they know Ronaldo and Ferguson are worth 10 times that sort of money put together.
Ferguson, Gill and the Glazer family all agree and they said he is staying and will rot in the reserves if he refuses to play...

Unread 14-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Blagger

Quote:
you're right there, but unless real pay us up front then it's not worth it.

there's no point having payment over 5 years, however if we do call their bluff then i don't think they'll expect it at all and probably most likely withdraw it - I don't think they have that sort of money tbh.

also if the Glazers do go behind Fergie's backthen £#%&! knows what will happen, but I doubt their stupid enough to do so.

if no-one is going behind anyones back then i's full expect Fergie to reject his transfer request, and explain to Ronaldo that he wants a few more seasons out of him and that he owes it.

Unread 14-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Blagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I think everyone would.

Not that they'd get shut of Sneijder though.

Just wish we'd bring in a £#%&!ing forward, my arse is going now.
know what you mean, just have to wait til after the Euros - there'll be transfers flying aroung £#%&!ing everywhere then.

I seriously doubt Madrid will put their money where their mouth is, also this Mendes fella had really proved to be a full on @#%&! lately.

Unread 14-06-2008, 10:22 AM
rebelcountyred

tbh if ronaldo wants to go united fergie et al would be foolish to follow through with the threat of leaving him in the stands for the season, a sulky ronaldo (more sulky than usual anyway) would be a very disruptive influence within the club, we would of course also be missing a very influential player, really hard to keep a player if he is unhappy, take the money and run.

Unread 14-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Horst_ Bucholst

chill out we've got him for at least one more season probably more enjoy the summer

Unread 14-06-2008, 11:34 AM
koppas

Thumbs up

Quote:
I said exactly the same thing to someone at work yesterday - well I said I'd take Sniejder, Ramos and a bit of cash.

Unread 14-06-2008, 11:40 AM
24hr Leavesey

All this talk of taking Madrid players as part ex is a waste of breath really, it rarely happens due to it's complicted nature. It's the football equivalent of The Websters and The Pea#@&%!s on corrie recently, too much hassle.

He's staying anywho - for the time being - it'll all run like the hargreaves saga imo.

Unread 14-06-2008, 11:43 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

£#%&! off Ronaldo
£#%&! off Ronaldo
hes acting like a #@&%!
and it makes me sick
£#%&! off Ronaldo

Unread 14-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Arnold Muhren

300k per £#%&!ing week? That wont cause any ill feeling or resentment in the notoriously fractious Madrid dressing room at all!

I'd take £70m and Sneijder at a push. And spend a chunk of it on Villa.

Ronnies head has been turned have no doubt, best to cash in now. If he does stay we can expect a similar level of performance that Henry gave Arsenal in his last year after his head had been turned by Barca, ie not very good. If that happened we wouldnt get as much as we would now.

Unread 14-06-2008, 11:51 AM
wonky no

seeya ronaldo
seeya ronaldo
you'll be buying bling
you wont win a thing
seeya ronaldo

Unread 14-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Manchester

Why not wait for something official instead of believing the media hype

Unread 14-06-2008, 12:08 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester
Why not wait for something official instead of believing the media hype
because it's good to talk

Unread 14-06-2008, 12:11 PM
lenin

Article by Harry Harris - nft

Unread 14-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I said exactly the same thing to someone at work yesterday - well I said I'd take Sniejder, Ramos and a bit of cash.
Me too.

Unread 14-06-2008, 01:14 PM
jem

Default for a business perspective

taking £100mio is not something you'd even have to think about.

of course there are those who will say ronaldo engineered a move and will not blame the glazers, even though they were the people who said they would wait and see when they were told this was a possibility at the time of the takeover.

real, of course, should be banned from all inward transfer activity for a couple of years. as chelsea should also have been after all their activities. unfortunately, the game is run by the barwicks and blatters of this world.

£#%&! 'em all.

I still love ronaldo, of course. the selfish, blinkered, glory-hunting @#%&!.
Closed Thread