United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Thiago

Default £8m for Saha?

Quote:
Bolton to offer £8M for Man Utd's Saha

Bolton Wanderers are eyeing Manchester United striker Louis Saha.

Wanderers boss Gary Megson is reportedly ready to offer £8million for the Manchester United striker.

The possible bid comes after hopes of landing his top target, St Etienne's young hitman Bafetimbi Gomis, appear to have been scuppered.
This would be an absolute dream, Bolton still have a fair bit of the Anelka money knocking about. I personally don't think Saha in this current state is worth even half that but it would be just typical of him to go there and stay fit through a whole season, bagging 20 goals.

Unread 12-06-2008, 01:07 AM
jem

Default saha

is world class.

sort of.

who else we got?

Unread 12-06-2008, 01:19 AM
RedArmy20

thats what i am worrying about, if he leaves and stays fit he will have a great time scoring alot etc. just like in our second half of the 05/06 season, and the start of the 06/07.

great player when fit, but then again, he hasnt been fit for a long time now.

he is one of a kind as well, what he brings to the play is quality, especially for a team like us at the moment. and he is also unique with his talents to get injured.

Unread 12-06-2008, 01:20 AM
RedArmy20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
is world class.

sort of.

who else we got?
We got our big Dong.

Unread 12-06-2008, 01:47 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmy20
thats what i am worrying about, if he leaves and stays fit he will have a great time scoring alot etc. just like in our second half of the 05/06 season, and the start of the 06/07.

great player when fit, but then again, he hasnt been fit for a long time now.

he is one of a kind as well, what he brings to the play is quality, especially for a team like us at the moment. and he is also unique with his talents to get injured.
Can see him doing really well at a club where the intensity of the play and training isn't as high and the expectations are lower. His body clearly can't cope with the strain of playing for a club like United. He needs confidence both in his play and the ability to stay fit and I don't think he'll ever get that back at United as he seems to be stuck in a vicious circle when it comes to injuries.

Good luck Louis as I know you're an avid reader of my posts. I've always rated you and it's a shame you could reach your potential at United. I've never bought the internet sponsored opinion of you being a bottle job either. I hope you don't sprain you eyes reading this post btw.

That's The Way Saha Saha I Like It Saha Saha

Unread 12-06-2008, 02:30 AM
el diablo

8 mill sell him before they change there minds

Unread 12-06-2008, 05:55 AM
borsuk

for 8mil we should throw in o'pie as well. or is that pushing our luck?

Unread 12-06-2008, 09:53 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
for 8mil we should throw in o'pie as well. or is that pushing our luck?
no its called stupidity.

they offer £8m for one player...why throw in another one?

Unread 12-06-2008, 09:55 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
no its called stupidity.

they offer £8m for one player...why throw in another one?
where's Charlestown Rouge when you need him.

nft.

Unread 12-06-2008, 10:15 AM
dodger

Absolute %@#$&!s. Nobody will pay any money for Saha. We've got him for another 12 months, until his contract is up, and he won't play in that time. He will then sign for somebody else and won't play there either.
Or maybe he'll hold us to ransom for a rise now he's in his final year...

Unread 12-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
This would be an absolute dream, Bolton still have a fair bit of the Anelka money knocking about. I personally don't think Saha in this current state is worth even half that but it would be just typical of him to go there and stay fit through a whole season, bagging 20 goals.
Saha is class when fit but a club like us cannot take the risk with him anymore. If he leaves I will wish him good luck unlike half of you clowns I don't wish death on him due to his injury record. He was our most important player for 2/3's of the season the season before last. Top red.

Unread 12-06-2008, 10:19 AM
El Calafate

utd should just pay him off. it's a shame but he's a liability. nft.

Unread 12-06-2008, 10:22 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
are you really this stupid?

Unread 12-06-2008, 10:22 AM
armchair

I wouldn't worry about him coming back to haunt us tbh. He needs a move for his own good. He's too used to being injured.

Incidentally he was fit enough to 'play' Drogba in training versus Vidic before the cl final. They trained apart from the rest of the team. I didn't know that until recently. Maybe after bashing into Vidic every week in training you'd want the weekends off too.

Unread 12-06-2008, 10:28 AM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate

haven't we been paying him off constantly since he signed for the most part whilst he's been doing £#%&! all

Unread 12-06-2008, 10:30 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
haven't we been paying him off constantly since he signed for the most part whilst he's been doing £#%&! all
we signed him when he was injued, so there you go.

they should pay him a million just to leave. nft.

Unread 12-06-2008, 10:41 AM
edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Absolute %@#$&!s. Nobody will pay any money for Saha. We've got him for another 12 months, until his contract is up, and he won't play in that time. He will then sign for somebody else and won't play there either.
Or maybe he'll hold us to ransom for a rise now he's in his final year...
Totally agree. Anyone who think he will leave us to sign a contract for less money at another club ( which would be the case) is deluded.
He is guaranteed pay from us until 2010 for doing absolutely nothing.
Would anyone on here make that sort of move in their own line of work

Unread 12-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Barca '91

I dont even consider him a United player anymore. Regardless of whether he signs for anyone else or not.

Unread 12-06-2008, 11:01 AM
dontdopeas84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
who else we got?
MANUCHO

Unread 12-06-2008, 11:12 AM
edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
I dont even consider him a United player anymore. Regardless of whether he signs for anyone else or not.
Same here. He's as relevant a striker to us these days as Stuart Pearson & Jimmy Greenhoff are
Closed Thread