United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-10-2022, 05:51 AM
Stickman

We didn’t struggle to break them down at all, we struggled to finish.

Those aren’t one and the same.

A couple of our shots were way too Tory (Conservative).

Unread 14-10-2022, 06:15 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

34 shots…. 13 on target wasn’t it?

Unread 14-10-2022, 06:44 AM
armchair

Bound to happen with us all going into it wondering if it was going to be 3 or 4 nil.

I was hyped for newcastle beforehand too.

Unread 14-10-2022, 06:45 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Correct.

Unread 14-10-2022, 06:52 AM
Hyman_Roth

Our striking options are killing us and will kill is this season.

Ronaldo is done. Gone. Over. Was statuesque most of the night whilst everyone was desperately trying to play into him. Rashford was good I thought but his finishing is shite by and large these days. Martial is always injured and I hate to say it, I’m getting the slight whiff of beanz vibes from anthony. Obvs very early days but let’s hope he doesn’t become notable only for his name embossed car seats.

Need upgrades in Jan or we’ll struggle for top 4 and nothing in the cups. If martial was consistently playing then we might just about manage.

Also can someone teach them how to shoot? Bruno skys every shot he takes like an 8 year old. Utter schoolboy stuff.

Unread 14-10-2022, 07:22 AM
Jethro

Was getting PTSD from "that" Fulham game.

Crossing is utterly abysmal.

Unread 14-10-2022, 07:25 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I quite enjoyed the game tbh

We actually created plenty of chances but it was the shit finishing that was the issue, unlike years gone by when we’d struggle to create the odd half chance or two against similar oppositions and usually end up conceding and then chasing the game.

We desperately need a CF in the January window.
This.

Felt like one of those days rather than us just letting the game drift. Piss were getting all the praise, but they were only in the game due to slack finishing. We win that 4-0 if we play it again next week.

We still have our issues and weaknesses in the squad, but for me, the key thing we needed to see early on under ETH is a team that looks together and developing style. We have that and it’s improving all the time.

The rest will take time.

You had the guys in studio saying that ETH hasn’t yet imprinted his style on the team yet.

He’s been here for 12 games. Of course he hasn’t. You just want to see signs of it at this stage. We’ve also won 8 of those 12 games, so we’re finding a way to win, even as he develops a style. Plenty of tough fixtures in those wins too.

We’ll have plenty of bad days and frustrating performances, but I’m happy with where we are and what we’re seeing.

Unread 14-10-2022, 09:30 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Good to see they won. A bit disconcerting that it took them 92 minutes to score against a team from Cypress though. They should have buried them.
It's insane in the membrane

Unread 14-10-2022, 09:57 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's insane in the membrane
Classic song....hopefully they can find the net come Sunday.