United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Zorg

Default Re: Boston Red Sox owner has bid for LFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Not everyone tbf, which is part of the reason it's died down. Also the Stasi like stewards, backed by the police (in the Stretty anyway) did their best to boot out anyone who protested.

I agree there was real momentum (Milan at home especially) which wasn't used as well as it could have been. But the problem has always been, when ever any idea for protests is raised, there's always ten @#%&!s ready to tell you why it's shit. That's how it was in 2005, that's how it is now.

As I said before, the demand for tickets is all but gone. Hopefully the revenues will be hit hard enough that they’ll £#%&! off, but I fear it’ll be long and drawn out.
Agreed tbf, especially the bit in bold.

Unread 06-10-2010, 01:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Agreed tbf, especially the bit in bold.
Definitely, loads of people do it when it's suggested not handing money over to the Glazers.

Unread 06-10-2010, 01:10 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Would be less drawn out surely, if less people handed money over to the very people they are protesting about? Might as well pay your Tory party membership, then go on a poll tax protest.
Obviously, but can you see a mass boycott happening any time soon? Not me. I think pretty much everyone who felt strongly enough about it has £#%&!ed OT off now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
the protests were led and acted out by a small group of people last year, and did very well despite the efforts of other 'reds', united, CES and the police trying to stop them.
now they dont go so there is £#%&! all inside the ground
Definitely. Still have no idea wtf the GMP were doing trying to stop perfectly valid protests in a football ground. I asked one last season and he threatened to nick me The less said about some fellow 'reds' the better.

Totally agree with Coracao too. Yet the latest #@&%! chant doing the rounds at aways is "we'll do what we want"

Unread 06-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Obviously, but can you see a mass boycott happening any time soon? Not me. I think pretty much everyone who felt strongly enough about it has £#%&!ed OT off now.

Definitely. Still have no idea wtf the GMP were doing trying to stop perfectly valid protests in a football ground. I asked one last season and he threatened to nick me The less said about some fellow 'reds' the better.

Totally agree with Coracao too. Yet the latest #@&%! chant doing the rounds at aways is "we'll do what we want"
yep while they were kept in at valencia, £#%&!ing whoppers

Unread 06-10-2010, 01:17 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Nail. Head.
Definitely.

Unread 06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Shame really. I have about three Red Sox caps I will now have to consider binning. Boston is a very nice place. I went to see the red sox and was happy for them that they won the world series in 04. I can't ever face that place again. Today is the day Boston's dignity has died. RIP.

Unread 06-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Switching Off

The masses can never stop big business now. Maybe 30 or 40 years ago, it could be successful. But business is too big (paying massive bonuses again after the biggest catastrophy in years like they dont give a £#%&! ) and people are to comfortable to get off their arses. They've got xbox to play, nobody wants to stand around protesting in the cold.

Unread 06-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Not everyone tbf, which is part of the reason it's died down. Also the Stasi like stewards, backed by the police (in the Stretty anyway) did their best to boot out anyone who protested.

I agree there was real momentum (Milan at home especially) which wasn't used as well as it could have been. But the problem has always been, when ever any idea for protests is raised, there's always ten @#%&!s ready to tell you why it's shit. That's how it was in 2005, that's how it is now.

As I said before, the demand for tickets is all but gone. Hopefully the revenues will be hit hard enough that they’ll £#%&! off, but I fear it’ll be long and drawn out.
Quote:

Step forward and take a bow. You've managed to condemn people who have done exactly what you did a few posts later. You're the one telling us nothing will ever happen, spreading despondency amongst the fans.

Unread 06-10-2010, 01:40 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Boston Red Sox owner has bid for LFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Step forward and take a bow. You've managed to condemn people who have done exactly what you did a few posts later. You're the one telling us nothing will ever happen, spreading despondency amongst the fans.

Unread 06-10-2010, 01:48 PM
andyroo

So enough of this, what can we do to ensure Glazer drives the price down so the Red Knights or whoever can buy?

I've already boycotted (no big sacrifice when I wasn't a ST), I haven't bought a shirt in years. What else can I do?

Unread 06-10-2010, 01:50 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
But the problem has always been, when ever any idea for protests is raised, there's always ten @#%&!s ready to tell you why it's shit. That's how it was in 2005, that's how it is now
Spot on. That has killed things more than anything. The one thing that scousers have over us is that they were united in getting their set of @#%&!s out. We just bicker and critise every idea ever mentioned call each other scab/stooge/judas etc rather than get together and think if things going forward as one rather than stating you are better than a fellow united because you spend your Saturday in the pub/OT/gigg lane. If people put as much effort in to doing something rather than slagging people and their ideas we might get somewhere. I bet there is a response of people that the only option is this or that, that someone else should have done this or that. Rather than blaming someone else or having a go at someone stop think about it and what it will achieve in the long run. The one and only thing those scouse @#%&!s have done better is stand together. That is shameful. As a whole united fans have done more but have been shot down by their own kind.

Unread 06-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Withers

When is the 1st set of Pik's due to be paid? Is it 2013?

They're here for a few years yet.

Unread 06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
Spot on. That has killed things more than anything. The one thing that scousers have over us is that they were united in getting their set of @#%&!s out. We just bicker and critise every idea ever mentioned call each other scab/stooge/judas etc rather than get together and think if things going forward as one rather than stating you are better than a fellow united because you spend your Saturday in the pub/OT/gigg lane. If people put as much effort in to doing something rather than slagging people and their ideas we might get somewhere. I bet there is a response of people that the only option is this or that, that someone else should have done this or that. Rather than blaming someone else or having a go at someone stop think about it and what it will achieve in the long run. The one and only thing those scouse @#%&!s have done better is stand together. That is shameful. As a whole united fans have done more but have been shot down by their own kind.
tbf the dippers have had a few fallow years to focus.

Unread 06-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
When is the 1st set of Pik's due to be paid? Is it 2013?

They're here for a few years yet.
When the credit crunch was on, PIK's were getting traded for £#%&! all as no one had much confidence they would be worth anything. The Glazers bought a load of the United one's for a knock down price. Quite how they did this when they are losing money hand over fist in America is anybody's guess but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ronaldo's £80M transfer fee to have been used. But SAF and Gill said it's still there so who knows.

Unread 06-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
When the credit crunch was on, PIK's were getting traded for £#%&! all as no one had much confidence they would be worth anything. The Glazers bought a load of the United one's for a knock down price. Quite how they did this when they are losing money hand over fist in America is anybody's guess but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ronaldo's £80M transfer fee to have been used. But SAF and Gill said it's still there so who knows.
they bought about 20% for 12 million 2 years ago, they took 10million out of united at the same time

Unread 06-10-2010, 02:11 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
tbf the dippers have had a few fallow years to focus.
just losing to Villa, Fulham and Leeds got the ball rolling for g&g, if we don't win a major trophy this season I can see it all moving up a notch

Unread 06-10-2010, 02:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
Can you clarify what these ideas that have been slagged are? What tangible effect might they have had if they'd not been "slagged"?

I'll start, you just slagged people for suggesting that not giving money to the people you are protesting against might be a good way of getting them out of the club by denying them finance.

Unread 06-10-2010, 02:15 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
just losing to Villa, Fulham and Leeds got the ball rolling for g&g, if we don't win a major trophy this season I can see it all moving up a notch
We didn't win a major trophy last season

If the results on Friday show they’ve taken a huge dividend out, then it might. But they will only show the accounts up to the end of June, so you’d have to think that even the gimps would be smart enough to take their wedge from July onwards.

Unread 06-10-2010, 02:24 PM
ScarFace

Mongs wont stop going untill we do an LFC on the pitch.

Simple.

Unread 06-10-2010, 02:30 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Can you clarify what these ideas that have been slagged are? What tangible effect might they have had if they'd not been "slagged"?
@#%&!s that choose user names like this don't help. http://www.utdforum.com/forum/member.php?u=118 but then I've just called him a @#%&! so I'm adding to the in fighting and there is the problem with us. For better or for worse we as united fans generally act on what we think is right rather than what is opinion of the flock like Liverpool fans do.

You go on rawk and issue an opinion that flies in the face of the established and see what happens, you get banned. This can be a source of real evil as in potential murderers getting pardoned because enough people claim to know that they are innocent or great good like far more effective resistance to parasitic club owners.
Closed Thread