United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 14-01-2022, 01:28 PM
tatty

There isnít a player, bar Greenwood, that Iíd be sorry to see go between now and the summer.

I want RR to slash and burn his way through the squad.

Unread 14-01-2022, 02:51 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
No. Heís inherited a very good, but bloated squad with splits in the dressing room. Not the long term dressing room issues either. It should be relatively easily repairable with good management and backing above him..
The more days pass the more I give credit for ole doing somewhat of a decent job. The board and recruitment have hindered us for years. I donít think the squad is very good. The measuring stick for me would be how many of these guys can challenge, not walk in, but challenge to get into the teams of Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea , Bayern , Madrid etc

De gea, , varane, Ronaldo, Bruno, Sancho, greenwood and maybe cavani.

Only one of our defenders can challenge to get into any one of the top winning sides. That should tell you enough. I think we have very good forwards but it stops there.

Iím not asking for a lot , just players who can challenge other players

Henderson, AWB ,dalot, maguire , lindelof, Bailey, Jones, shaw, telles, mcfred, matic, VDb, pogba, lingard , martial, rashford (on current form)

You wouldnít trust any one of those players to break into any of the top teams.

I understand no team has a perfect squad of 22 that gets into every other team. All I will ask is 5 players from our midfield or defence who could break into another team. Il give you varane and Bruno . Give me three players from our defence or midfield who could challenge the ones in the top teams.

Itís not good enough. We need two new full backs , a CB and two CMs . Thatís half a team.

Unread 14-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Jammy Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Itís not good enough. We need two new full backs , a CB and two CMs . Thatís half a team.
And 3 years ago, we needed a full team and another 8 players on top. At city it would have all been done inside 12 months, with fine tuning only required after that. At united it takes 3-5 years. Players the manager doesnít want left festering in the squad, whilst also having to make last minute panic buys for the short term because itís better than nothing.

We also need a striker, which I assume haaland was the long term target. And now a gk, whether thatís Henderson or someone bought. Thatís the thing with a bottleneck in buying and selling players. Once youíve finally addressed some issues, other issues have presented themselves. You never catch up, and youíre always making do.

Last edited by Jammy Dodger; 14-01-2022 at 06:57 PM.

Unread 14-01-2022, 07:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
And 3 years ago, we needed a full team and another 8 players on top. At city it would have all been done inside 12 months, with fine tuning only required after that. At united it takes 3-5 years. Players the manager doesnít want left festering in the squad, whilst also having to make last minute panic buys for the short term because itís better than nothing.

We also need a striker, which I assume haaland was the long term target. And now a gk, whether thatís Henderson or someone bought. Thatís the thing with a bottleneck in buying and selling players. Once youíve finally addressed some issues, other issues have presented themselves. You never catch up, and youíre always making do.

I hope we push for that vlahovic in the summer. But we will chase haaland and lose out

Unread 14-01-2022, 07:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I hope we push for that vlahovic in the summer. But we will chase haaland and lose out
I think theyíve already resigned themselves to defeat on the mutant.

Johnathon David
The lad at Benfica (Nunez?)
Vlahovic

There are a few options. We wonít get any.

Unread 14-01-2022, 07:30 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I think theyíve already resigned themselves to defeat on the mutant.

Johnathon David
The lad at Benfica (Nunez?)
Vlahovic

There are a few options. We wonít get any.
Haaland will go to psg , Chelsea or madrid

Guardiola has had fights with raiola, heís already said Bayern canít afford him . Barcelona are broke .

Vlahovic is young , proven , looks to be physically capable of playing in the prem and his agent isnít raiola. I think his contract runs out summer 2023 aswell. Itís a no brainier we should be in for him or at the very least get him in the summer.

Itís my own fault, I donít know why I have hope when the club has failed for 12 years. Even the players have given up on the club .

Unread 14-01-2022, 07:52 PM
dunk

Arsenal, Spurs, Atletico and City all fancy Vlahovic according to rumours. £65-80m.

Unread 14-01-2022, 08:04 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Arsenal, Spurs, Atletico and City all fancy Vlahovic according to rumours. £65-80m.
Offer them martial and 30 mill

Unread 15-01-2022, 08:10 PM
Poop

Unread 15-01-2022, 08:20 PM
M33mike