United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-06-2021, 07:59 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I struggle to be arsed about England so I may need world in motion and three lions on this afternoon.

I actually got into it in the world cup and enjoyed watching England play without fear and a freshness.

Just seems like the old ways this competition.
Because there's expectation now.

They went into world cup 2018 with expectations as low as i can ever remember after the iceland debacle in 2016.

Nobody thought they'd do much in russia and they surprised everyone.

Now they're on home turf and people actually expect something of them. Which is where they usually bottle it.

Unread 29-06-2021, 08:28 AM
puressence

just having my morning bratwurst

Unread 29-06-2021, 09:11 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Because there's expectation now.

They went into world cup 2018 with expectations as low as i can ever remember after the iceland debacle in 2016.

Nobody thought they'd do much in russia and they surprised everyone.

Now they're on home turf and people actually expect something of them. Which is where they usually bottle it.
Agree with that.

The thing is England have the ability to win it, nqat.

Even the top teams can't defend. England have enough attacking talent it's just whether Southgate can get the right mix.

Unread 29-06-2021, 09:25 AM
Drexl

Looking forward to this

If England are dull, Pizza Hut is going to look a right tit.

Everything is absolutely win:win

Unread 29-06-2021, 09:25 AM
Hyman_Roth

Southgate is the joy hoover. England should be a great watch atm but he’s found a way of neutralising any form of entertainment. Perhaps he watched united too much during the 2nd half of last season?

Feel that we will step it up tonight though.

Come on England!!!

Unread 29-06-2021, 09:31 AM
believe

two and half hours to go before I'm sat in prime position. Face painter has been there all week so debating a little flag on each cheek or two little flags on both cheeks.

4-1 England

Unread 29-06-2021, 09:43 AM
Ethers

Unread 29-06-2021, 09:50 AM
20LEgend1999

Some great news to give the country a lift!

Unread 29-06-2021, 09:51 AM
jem

Quote:
it's just whether Southgate can get the right mix.
aye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Southgate is the joy hoover. England should be a great watch atm but he’s found a way of neutralising any form of entertainment.
also this.

I think we are all hoping to see the best england, whilst not really daring to expect anything other than @#%&!ing out, as usual.

imagine the psychological toll on the manager, players and nation if it goes to penalties.

Unread 29-06-2021, 10:11 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Football punditry at its finest

Unread 29-06-2021, 10:36 AM
MUFC One Love

Mount, Grealish and Foden all on the bench?

Unread 29-06-2021, 11:11 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
two and half hours to go before I'm sat in prime position. Face painter has been there all week so debating a little flag on each cheek or two little flags on both cheeks.
Daddy Cool

Unread 29-06-2021, 11:17 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Daddy Cool
Misty mountain hop

Unread 29-06-2021, 11:28 AM
Neo

I have a sickening feeling about this one. The English are being oddly self-deprecating, and this isn't a vintage Germany side at all.

45,000 idiots in Wembley booing the German national anthem, and then the knee, followed by the "It's coming home" hype reaching fever pitch.

Surely to £#%&! Kroos and Gundogan won't be bossed by Rice and Kalvin Phillips, ffs?

Unread 29-06-2021, 11:36 AM
RedMenace

I'm struggling to decide which is worse "It's coming home" or "Don't take me home". Both are horrific of course.

Unread 29-06-2021, 11:48 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
I'm struggling to decide which is worse "It's coming home" or "Don't take me home". Both are horrific of course.
You're only here once mate. Just chill out. Have a cold beer and enjoy the football.

Unread 29-06-2021, 11:48 AM
no fun

In the horrific event of england winning this, that @#%&! Johnson will no doubt jump on the bandwagon, waving the flag and declaring what a massive “soccer” fan he is

Komm schon Deutschland, gewinn Dinesen fur die anstandigen leute

Unread 29-06-2021, 11:51 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
You're only here once mate. Just chill out. Have a cold beer and enjoy the football.
True but it detracts from the enjoyment.

Unread 29-06-2021, 11:53 AM
My Name is Heath

Looking forward to this.

As a complete Lord Haw Haw I normally would want Germany to win.

However... we have some likeable players and Germany ain't all that, despite Kroos being a true superstar.

Back 5?

Flat back 4?

Personally....I'm a traditional, play to your strengths guy.

4-2-3-1 of course.

Henderson MUST be in if fit. Phillips is zestier than Rice. Ideally Bellingham and Captain Hendo.

Kane of course.

Shame we can't play Kane and Vardy. The Germans would have a nightmare with them 2.

So it is all about that 3.

We need zest. Sancho, Sterling or Rashers? Sancho.

We need guile. Grealish.

We need a goal. Nobody leaps to mind but Mount is tidy.

Come on England. Do it for Hancock.

Unread 29-06-2021, 11:56 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

Henderson MUST be in if fit

Captain Hendo.
And here’s me thinking your boney m wum couldn’t be topped
Closed Thread