United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:24 PM
Switching Off

Three announcements now. So much for that 3 part protocol. Shit scared to call a game off.

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:24 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Brent
Yup £#%&! off lying on the ground in disbelief you @#%&!
no, it was son.

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:25 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Lost 4 of their last 5.

Signed Pulisic for £50m+ in Jan this year to replace Hazard, also signed Kovacic on a permanent deal for somewhere in the region of £40m, and have 40-odd players out on loan for the new manager to pick from.

Let’s not talk shite lads.
Kante, Jorginho, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Pedro etc etc. Not slating Lampards achievements but £#%&! me if we had any players reaching that calibre we'd be laughing.

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
So they've replaced their best player with an inferior one and only been able to recall players they didnt want in the first place.

And a player they had on loan last season is still there now.

Glad we agree.

And?

Watford beat us today. Are they better than us?

Check the table. They're above us now and they'll be above us in May.

They're better than us.
You’re talking absolute %@#$&!s. Pipe down. Lost 4 of their last 5, spent £90+m over the last 2 windows and were able to recall the likes of Abraham, Mount, Batshuayi, James etc. all of who were all highly rated and stationed out on loan, improving, for just such an eventuality as a transfer ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Kante, Jorginho, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Pedro etc etc. Not slating Lampards achievements but £#%&! me if we had any players reaching that calibre we'd be laughing.
Exactly, they’re hardly shit to begin with.

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:29 PM
believe

Chelsea are the first team to beat a team at three different venues. What a £#%&!ing pointless piece of information that is.

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:34 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Chelsea are the first team to beat a team at three different venues. What a £#%&!ing pointless piece of information that is.
Also %@#$&!s. I'm sure we'll have beaten teams at home, away, Wembley and Villa Park or Hillsbrough at least. Probably more.

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:35 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Also %@#$&!s. I'm sure we'll have beaten teams at home, away, Wembley and Villa Park or Hillsbrough at least. Probably more.
Think it means as an away fixture in the league.

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, Wembley and Villa Park, off the top of my head...

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:40 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Still don’t know why people were so against us signing Willian :shrug:
Because Mourinho.

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, Wembley and Villa Park, off the top of my head...
Old Trafford too.

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
You’re talking absolute balls. Pipe down. Lost 4 of their last 5, spent £90+m over the last 2 windows and were able to recall the likes of Abraham, Mount, Batshuayi, James etc. all of who were all highly rated and stationed out on loan, improving, for just such an eventuality as a transfer ban.

Exactly, they’re hardly shit to begin with.
They've lost 4 of their last 5 and they're still well clear of us, I think that stat on acts as more evidence to the gap.

Flawed, but clearly better than us. That isn't balls, that is just a fact followed by an opinion based on those facts.

I think you're doing some mental gymnastics on the loan stuff. Half of them are kids who were playing championship football last season. Talented, sure, but hardly some sort of luxury akin to the £200m they are used to pissing away.

Only on here could a transfer ban be twisted to look like a plus for our rivals when we're comparing them to us.

Would you be dismissing praise for Ole managing under those circumstances for us?

Unread 22-12-2019, 07:57 PM
dunk

They’d been planning for the van for ages they’ve adopted an aggressive transfer strategy of buying/pinching young players and loaning them out for precisely the reason you are seeing; that’s why they had a transfer ban too.

You could criticise United for their absolutely woeful recruitment, but chucking sympathy and amazement at Chelsea for their planning?

Only the most deluded/optimistic United fan looked at United and Chelsea’s squads at the start of the season and thought United had any chance of finishing above them

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
They’d been planning for the van for ages they’ve adopted an aggressive transfer strategy of buying/pinching young players and loaning them out for precisely the reason you are seeing.

You could criticise United for their absolutely woeful recruitment, but chucking sympathy and amazement at Chelsea for their planning?
They've planned as best they can, but the plan still involved recalling loan players they either didnt want or didnt think where ready.

Whichever way you spin it, is a transfer ban every considered an advantage?

There's no sympathy or amazement. There's no need for hyperbole.

It was simply an observation that Lampard has made Chelsea into a better looking unit in six months and they look better than us.

And they lost their best player when they were basically a one man team.

I'd say it be like us losing..... but there isn't a player in our team who was as important to us as Hazard was to chelsea.

Meanwhile, we're not expected to demand too much from our equally experienced manager, who has been in the job twice as long.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
They've planned as best they can, but the plan still involved recalling loan players they either didnt want or didnt think where ready.

Whichever way you spin it, is a transfer ban every considered an advantage?

There's no sympathy or amazement. There's no need for hyperbole.

It was simply an observation that Lampard has made Chelsea into a better looking unit in six months and they look better than us.

And they lost their best player when they were basically a one man team.

I'd say it be like us losing..... but there isn't a player in our team who was as important to us as Hazard was to chelsea.

Meanwhile, we're not expected to demand too much from our equally experienced manager, who has been in the job twice as long.
What? They've hedged their bets. They've got loads of young talent out on loan that they bring back each summer, have a look at and decide whether to keep or loan again. They've been doing it for 5-10 years. It's a plan. They knew a ban was coming and were fortunate that Abraham, Mount etc. were 21/22 rather than 18/19 when it happened, but they still had Batshuayi and others to look at if not. They could've even recalled Morata had they wanted to. Planning for a ban they knew they were getting. And they still bought Pulisic despite having Loftus-Cheek and CHO on top of all those out on loan.

They were better than us all last season too, and champions 2 seasons ago IIRC. Again, only the foolish and deluded thought United would finish above Chelsea when the squads were finalised at the start of the season.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:09 PM
Whalefish

"We need to replace Hazard"

Chelsea did Frank, he's called Pulisic. You just don't rate him.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

they'll be getting sancho next month

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:13 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Good for them.

I want some central midfielders. A striker. Oh and Grealish.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:15 PM
Switching Off

What a £#%&!ing weasel that presenter is.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
What? They've hedged their bets. They've got loads of young talent out on loan that they bring back each summer, have a look at and decide whether to keep or loan again. They've been doing it for 5-10 years. It's a plan. They knew a ban was coming and were fortunate that Abraham, Mount etc. were 21/22 rather than 18/19 when it happened, but they still had Batshuayi and others to look at if not. They could've even recalled Morata had they wanted to. Planning for a ban they knew they were getting. And they still bought Pulisic despite having Loftus-Cheek and CHO on top of all those out on loan.

They were better than us all last season too, and champions 2 seasons ago IIRC. Again, only the foolish and deluded thought United would finish above Chelsea when the squads were finalised at the start of the season.
Look at the players you're listing. They either shite (batshuayi) kids (mount, abraham RLC) or flops (morata)

Yes, they planned, but planned to mitigate a problem. Not being able to sign players is a massive handicap, surely you'll concede that point regardless of how well you plan for it?

Especially for a new manager.

As for the squads.... really? If we did the 'combined 11' thing, I suspect it would be fairly even.

I don't know anyone who considered them a serious threat at the start of the season.

The wider point relating to Ole is that lampard has done a very promising job in six months (disagree?) But we're apparently not supposed to demand the same from ours, who has been here a year.

Unread 22-12-2019, 08:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Been good for them in patches, he's 20, needs a bit of time. Kind of players we should've been all over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Taking the Sun on Sunday as gospel these days are you? Sancho goes nowhere in January.

Quote:
Look at the players you're listing. They either shite (batshuayi) kids (mount, abraham RLC) or flops (morata)

Yes, they planned, but planned to mitigate a problem. Not being able to sign players is a massive handicap, surely you'll concede that point regardless of how well you plan for it?

Especially for a new manager.

As for the squads.... really? If we did the 'combined 11' thing, I suspect it would be fairly even.

I don't know anyone who considered them a serious threat at the start of the season.

The wider point relating to Ole is that lampard has done a very promising job in six months (disagree?) But we're apparently not supposed to demand the same from ours, who has been here a year.
Over the Jan and summer windows they signed 1 player fewer than we did on a permanent basis.

Ole has done a similarly promising job, and seen F£#%&! off twice, with much less in terms of options, from a player point of view, and quality, but you want to chase him out and compare him unfavourably to a man who just lost 4 in 5 with a much better squad? Hang your head.
Closed Thread