United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2016, 11:22 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'm not saying it in an 'Up & At 'Em' way.
I don't want Dennis Wise in there.

I just want to see some personality.

I'm a huge Carrick fan. I haven't seen anything from Schneiderlin yet that makes me think he's got his range of passing.
he doesn't have his range of passing. he's a different kind of player. but i think we're better with him in the side than without.

worth giving him time imo. everyone looks like shit atm.

Unread 13-01-2016, 11:24 AM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
he doesn't have his range of passing. he's a different kind of player. but i think we're better with him in the side than without.

worth giving him time imo. everyone looks like shit atm.
fair enough.

Unread 13-01-2016, 11:25 AM
saffers

Our best player this season along with De Gea and Rooney.

Unread 13-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I'm not saying it in an 'Up & At 'Em' way.
I don't want Dennis Wise in there.

I just want to see some personality.

I'm a huge Carrick fan. I haven't seen anything from Schneiderlin yet that makes me think he's got his range of passing.
OK, but you seem to be making two points. Is the issue his lack of 'oomph' or his actual ability?

Carrick has zero personality, but his football did the talking ().

I don't think Schneiderlen has Carricks passing range, but few do. I think Schneiderlen is more mobile and a better tackler though.

I get people's reservations, but I think most can be attributed to settling in and settling into a side that is a giant mess.

Unread 13-01-2016, 11:29 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
OK, but you seem to be making two points. Is the issue his lack of 'oomph' or his actual ability?
neither really.
It's more about him making an impression on a game more than I've seen him do so far.
Just standing out a bit.
A few long range shots etc..

I want far more positivity from the whole team tbh, not singling him out. This is just a thread about him.

Unread 13-01-2016, 11:35 AM
20 times

What are his strengths meant to be? I didn't watch Southampton as I've got better things to do

I'm happy to give him time and judge him when we get a proper manager though

Unread 13-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
neither really.
It's more about him making an impression on a game more than I've seen him do so far.
Just standing out a bit.
A few long range shots etc..

I want far more positivity from the whole team tbh, not singling him out. This is just a thread about him.
Again though, I really don't think that's his game. He's usually positioned further back. He occasionally pops up in the right channel, but I don't really want him taking pot shots from there.

I think if you're waiting to see a player storming around the pitch or 'taking the game by the scruff of the neck' I think you'll be waiting a while. We do need some more characters like that, but i think it needs to come from elsewhere.

Unread 13-01-2016, 12:09 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Wouldn't go that far. He's been 'quietly effective' and I think he'll grow into the role more over the next season or two. Nothing to me has suggested he's a bad buy or anything of the sort.

Judging a player after 20 odd games given the state we're in is a bit daft tbh.

Edit: Rooney

Unread 13-01-2016, 12:42 PM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Unread 13-01-2016, 12:45 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Totally bog standard - he's the French Jordan Henderson.

His bird is fit though.
Still works at adidas on market street

Unread 13-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Buck

I always saw Wanyama as the more defensive minded player at Southampton.

Schneiderlin has more to his game but right now it's fair to say he looks very tepid. Maybe a bit harsh but he seems out of his depth.

I don't expect him to be marauding but I've seen enough of him to expect more quality. He's bossed us around a few times, and the likes of Arsenal and City.

Unread 13-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Still works at adidas on market street
She £#%&!ed it off cos of weirdo Stalker people bothering her.

Unread 13-01-2016, 03:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
he plays in midfield for Man United though. I don't want him "going quietly about his business"
I want him bossing games, %@#$&!ing Refs & generally being a £#%&!ing inspiration. A few long range shots & through-balls/forward passes from our midfielders wouldn't go a miss either.
That's basically what the likes of Carrick and Irwin have done, and why they are underrated by some of our fans as well as others.

Unread 13-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That's basically what the likes of Carrick and Irwin have done, and why they are underrated by some of our fans as well as others.
No, carrick and irwin actually did their jobs fantastically well virtually every week for years and years.

Schneiderlin, from what I can tell has pretty much done an ok job but he's done nothing thus far to suggest to me that he's anything other than Southampton level.

Unread 13-01-2016, 04:53 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Not having that my man. Irwin was skillful, scored goals, great shot, great passer, crosser, a tough £#%&!er always up for the fight, despite his calm demeanor

Unread 13-01-2016, 05:02 PM
jem

Quote:
he plays in midfield for Man United though. I don't want him "going quietly about his business"
I want him bossing games, %@#$&!ing Refs & generally being a £#%&!ing inspiration. A few long range shots & through-balls/forward passes from our midfielders wouldn't go a miss either.
that's what we have herrera and schweini for.

schneidi will grow on you.

Unread 13-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No, carrick and irwin actually did their jobs fantastically well virtually every week for years and years.

Schneiderlin, from what I can tell has pretty much done an ok job but he's done nothing thus far to suggest to me that he's anything other than Southampton level.

Well given that Southampton were higher than we are now when he was there, that would have to be considered progress

Unread 13-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Irwin being underrated is one of footballs great myths for me.

I never spoke to anybody who didn't think he was top class and the pundits liked him a lot too. He was so well respected in the game.

Unread 13-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Totally bog standard - he's the French Jordan Henderson.

His bird is fit though.
Was hoping this thread was about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Irwin being underrated is one of footballs great myths for me.

I never spoke to anybody who didn't think he was top class and the pundits liked him a lot too. He was so well respected in the game.
It's because he looked like a newsagent.

Unread 14-01-2016, 02:15 AM
Swagger

Hard to judge after watching him play 90 minutes alongside fellani.
Closed Thread