United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Sloppy

Default Ryan Giggs press conference 2/5/2014

On the future: "Nothing has changed. I'm here until the end of the season. My concentration is on the last few games. I've got a lot to think about, whether to carry on playing or not. My concentration is on the last few games. We'll see what happens at the end of the season."

On team news: "A few of the lads have had a bug. Wayne Rooney has, Anders Lindegaard has. Wayne has a tight groin too. We have to be careful with that but Wayne being Wayne, he wants to play. We'll monitor it over the next 24 hours. Robin van Persie has been training and looks good. I'm just trying to keep myself fit and try to win every game. I might not get into the team!"

On Sunderland: "It's great to see Wes and Sheasy back and Phil Bardsley. The service those players gave to the club will never be forgotten. They were great players.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...-may-2014.aspx

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Wayne has a tight groin

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:09 AM
rafabio

On the future: "Nothing has changed. I'm here until the end of the season. My concentration is on the last few games. I've got a lot to think about, whether to carry on playing or not. My concentration is on the last few games. We'll see what happens at the end of the season."

He wants the job now :shakehead: He could have just come out and said he needs more experience before being manager of manchester united.

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Pop

Giggs can £#%&! off tbh.

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:16 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio

He wants the job now :shakehead: He could have just come out and said he needs more experience before being manager of manchester united.
He's talking about whether to retire from playing aswell tbf.

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:24 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
He's talking about whether to retire from playing aswell tbf.
he should retire ffs He has hardly played this season.

I hope there is a clean break and none of this class 92 stay on next year. If they do well, come back if not £#%&! off please.

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Bunker Buster

Loving the fitness flounce RVP has pulled on Moyes...

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
he should retire ffs He has hardly played this season.

I hope there is a clean break and none of this class 92 stay on next year. If they do well, come back if not £#%&! off please.
Ruthless rafabio. No time for all this mawkish sentiment.

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:40 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Ruthless rafabio. No time for all this mawkish sentiment.
the biggest worry for next season is that there are too many at united with lot of vested interests. First the purple nosed bastard has to be shown the door for this big mess. with him going lot of issues will get resolved.

Unread 02-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
the biggest worry for next season is that there are too many at united with lot of vested interests. First the purple nosed bastard has to be shown the door for this big mess. with him going lot of issues will get resolved.
Scorched earth policy - bold. Emulating the great Bobby Brown - that's his prerogative, it's the way Rafabio wants to live. Listen up Glazer mofos.

They say I'm crazy
I really don't care
That's my prerogative
They say I'm nasty
But I don't give a damn
Gettin girls is how I live
Some ask me questions
Why am I so real
But they don't understand me
I really don't know the deal
About a brother
Trying hard to make it right
Not long ago
Befo' I win this fight
SING!

Everybody's talkin all this stuff about me
Why don't they just let me live (Tell me why)
I don't need permission
Make my own decisions (Oh!)
That's my prerogative
It's my prerogative
(It's my prerogative)

It's the way that I wanna live (It's my prerogative)
I can do just what I feel (It's my prerogative)
No one can tell me what to do (It's my prerogative)
Cause what I'm doin
I'm doin for you now

Unread 02-05-2014, 11:12 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
"For example this week has been planning pre-season, which has been testing because we have to way and see about the Europa League and the third qualifying round for that is round about the tour time, so different permutations. Also it is a difficult time for young players, extending contracts, renewing contracts, loan players, players that need to come back, players that need their future sorting out so there has been a lot of that this week."
What the £#%&! is this all about

Surely the new manager would be doing this and not Giggs

Unread 02-05-2014, 11:39 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

he's got Van Gaal on speed dial

Unread 02-05-2014, 11:45 AM
redrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Given we have not got a new manager yet, and even if it is LVG he can't start until after the World Cup, and that Giggs is officially the interim manager and that these things need sorting out now....what exactly is confusing you?

Unread 02-05-2014, 06:21 PM
red in cumbria

I think that Giggs joking about the "five year contract" last week was an indication he isn't expecting - or indeed desiring - the job long term. Despite the efforts of some to give him it

Unread 02-05-2014, 08:56 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I think that Giggs joking about the "five year contract" last week was an indication he isn't expecting - or indeed desiring - the job long term. Despite the efforts of some to give him it
Absolutely spot on IMO

Unread 02-05-2014, 08:57 PM
andyroo

I thought it was just a joke. Not reading anything into it either way.

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:10 PM
taff

Quote:
It's great to see Wes and Sheasy back and Phil Bardsley. The service those players gave to the club will never be forgotten. They were great players.

Unread 02-05-2014, 10:16 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose
Given we have not got a new manager yet, and even if it is LVG he can't start until after the World Cup, and that Giggs is officially the interim manager and that these things need sorting out now....what exactly is confusing you?
Yeah, this. Plus he was careful enough to state that most of the decisions about players futures had been made four or five weeks ago.

Unread 02-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, of course. Not like he'd have spoken to any of those calling for him to get the job like Neville and fergie.

Unread 03-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Ashley's Grime

Giggs was talking yesterday about having to plan the pre season tour and the possibility of us playing a UEFA cup qualifier at about the same time. He looked overwhelmed by the size of the job when talking about it.

Whoever wants him in the job is a £#%&!ing idiot.
Closed Thread