United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-01-2020, 06:18 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
These could regret not putting this to bed if Ole shows any kind of balls or managerial nous. Get Mata and Greenwood on for Matic and James and have a go at them.
greenwood would do something, but taking matic off would be stupid.

Unread 19-01-2020, 06:18 PM
caliban

Greenwood chance to be a legend here.

If he comes on obvs...

Unread 19-01-2020, 06:19 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Greenwood for James and mata for Andy P please. Need players who can receive the ball and pass.
Yeah I’d go with this.

I’ve defended James recently, but it’s like he’s got a wasting disease in his legs when he’s actually required to pass the ball

Unread 19-01-2020, 06:19 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Personally think Matic has been good.
So do I bit I think if we have a go he’s the most obvious choice because we’re saturated in that area when realistically Maguire abs Lindelof shouldn’t need as much support.

Unread 19-01-2020, 06:20 PM
jem

still can't say I rate fred, but I do love him.

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yeah I’d go with this.

I’ve defended James recently, but it’s like he’s got a wasting disease in his legs when he’s actually required to pass the ball
He looks £#%&!ed.

Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I don’t understand why he wasn’t first choice after Rashford was confirmed to be unavailable. It’s liverpool, you go all out against them or you don’t bother at all.
Take that in a weird way, could have all gone to shit for a period after they scored.

Take the £#%&!ing game to them now. Greenwood on before 60 mins please, Martial looks lost without another real goalscoring threat on the pitch.

Shaw was fantastic the little chubby bastard. Fair play.

Unread 19-01-2020, 06:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
So do I bit I think if we have a go he’s the most obvious choice because we’re saturated in that area when realistically Maguire abs Lindelof shouldn’t need as much support.
Yeah suppose so.

Not sure we’re gaining much from a back 5 tbh do maybe one of williams or shaw off and put another body in midfield?

We’ll probably concede inside 10 minutes of the second half and that’ll be that.

Gypsum Fantastic

James is an average player that will have some decent games. Like about 80% of the squad tbf

dunk

Watching in the International Suite at OT, might be milling about in the back ground on MUTB atm..

Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yeah I’d go with this.

You could see why Leeds wanted him... he’s championship quality at best. His final balls are poor.

Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Agreed with Ethers, Martial benefits from having someone like Rashford alongside him. Do you really think he’d just switch off after weeks of putting in the effort? It’s the absolute dearth of quality across the rest of the pitch that is the real problem.
He is a centre forward who offers no outlet.

An area we desperately need to improve.

Unread 19-01-2020, 06:23 PM
Tiberian

A lot of space behind their midfield is the shining light in that half, chances are there to be had, but defensively we can not cope with their intensity and movement, Firmino is dominating our Cb's, Shaw is carrying both Maguire and Lindelof, lucky to still be in the game.

Unread 19-01-2020, 06:24 PM
Dasilvatwins

Greenwood for peirera

Go 4 4 2 james matic fred williams.

Leave martial and greenwood up and hope they counter. There is space behind liverpool. We can score against them. Ole needs to tweak it.

Unread 19-01-2020, 06:24 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He is a centre forward who offers no outlet.

An area we desperately need to improve.
Can’t keep saying it but when he came into the side this season our attack suddenly looked a whole lot better. That isn’t a coincidence.

Areas we should focus on more than a CF (especially with Greenwood coming through): Defence, midfield (both defensive and attacking), right wing.

Unread 19-01-2020, 06:25 PM
puressence

Neville a @#%&! fact. Keane £#%&! off he didn’t play the ball just jumped into him. Then the ref that tackle on shaw everyone stops even Liverpool players stopped. Come on you @#%&!s

jem

mad pat the only one talking sense.

Ethers

£#%&! off Keane.

If Matic’s is a foul in the first half, then that is a foul too. Eye on the ball, £#%&! off. Literally doesn’t matter

redhegemony

If Greenwood comes on we need Mata as well to provide the ammo.

Unread 19-01-2020, 06:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
mad pat the only one talking sense.
Yep.

Loved him laughing at Souness too