United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: When should we excise this day tumor?
TONIGHT 23 39.66%
January 13 22.41%
I like him. 22 37.93%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 27-12-2017, 09:21 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Yet. Neither did Cole, and he couldn’t even get the scoring right initially.
Fair point. Similarities to be made. Never thought Cole would become the player he did.

The worry for Lukaku imo is his best qualities are physical. Coles was his finishing when he arrived.

He can improve, but he's not a style of striker I like. When we were going for Morata and it turned out to be Rom , I was gutted

Unread 27-12-2017, 09:22 PM
jem

Quote:
He’ll be better than Cole ended up, easily.

Unread 27-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
You probably thought Cole would never be a united striker after his first season or two. He was on a par with Birtles for £#%&!ing up in front of goal.

Unread 27-12-2017, 09:30 PM
jem

Quote:
You probably thought Cole would never be a united striker after his first season or two. He was on a par with Birtles for £#%&!ing up in front of goal.

Unread 27-12-2017, 09:31 PM
jem

he developed an all-round game that was excellent, but there was never any doubt he could score. he wasn't exactly forlanesque.

Unread 27-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Cole missed a ton of chances but he was a natural predator & forgot the misses. Thats the one concern I have with Lukaku, he doesn't seem to have that quality most top strikers have. Forget the misses & take the next chance.
Cole was persistent Lukaku seems fragile. Talks a big game but seems to let the misses and the criticism get to him

Unread 27-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's not shit because the fans think he's shit. we think he's shit because he's shit.

'it's not me, it's you'

Unread 27-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Cole was persistent Lukaku seems fragile. Talks a big game but seems to let the misses and the criticism get to him
So you blame Mourinhio for Rashfords confidence being down & blame Lukaku for Lukaku's confidence being down

I am not a Mourinho lover, he has made mistakes & in certain games he has been too negative. But the hate for him & Lukaku on here is irrational at times.

We got slaughtered by being to defensive at Arsenal [ a game we won 3-1] & people wanted us to play like Liverpool, so we go out & play 2 very entertaining games were we defensively were like Liverpool & he gets slaughtered again. Burnley beat Chelsea at the Bridge, drew with Liverpool, drew at Spurs . Yes we should be beating them, but so should those other clubs . The league is tough

Unread 27-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Smalling, Jones, Bogbrush, Herrera, Mata, Blind, Young, Darmian, Lingard, Mkhitaryan.

Get rid of these shit@#%&!s, replace them and then see how Lukaku does first. I think he still deserves a chance, it's only been 4 months into his first season.

The shit@#%&!s however have been at United for more than 1 season. They are the ones need to be gotten rid of first.
All of the above...... some of these shit @#%&!s have had five years or more at United and don’t half as much abuse as Lukaku.

Up until the Liverpool game at Anfield United and Lukaku we’re flying. Since then the confidence has been drained from the team and this has affected Lukaku more than most. He has scored goals in what is an average United side. He will do better in a better side and when his confidence returns.

I do agree that he needs to be as far away from our goal as possible when United are defending a dead ball. He is a £#%&!ing liability.

Unread 27-12-2017, 10:31 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
So you blame Mourinhio for Rashfords confidence being down & blame Lukaku for Lukaku's confidence being down

I am not a Mourinho lover, he has made mistakes & in certain games he has been too negative. But the hate for him & Lukaku on here is irrational at times.

We got slaughtered by being to defensive at Arsenal [ a game we won 3-1] & people wanted us to play like Liverpool, so we go out & play 2 very entertaining games were we defensively were like Liverpool & he gets slaughtered again. Burnley beat Chelsea at the Bridge, drew with Liverpool, drew at Spurs . Yes we should be beating them, but so should those other clubs . The league is tough
I blame Mourinho for buying Lukaku. Someone who technical and mentally weak in terms of playing for United

I thought we were good at Arsenal so no complaints there

The last two games have been entertaining becusee we've £#%&!ed up and needed to open out a bit

Said it yesterday but we do play well sometimes. We can play attacking stuff but for the most part we rely on individual moments, being reactive and generally having no way of playing

Unread 27-12-2017, 10:40 PM
Kangared

Quote:
I blame Mourinho for buying Lukaku. Someone who technical and mentally weak in terms of playing for United

I thought we were good at Arsenal so no complaints there

The last two games have been entertaining becusee we've £#%&!ed up and needed to open out a bit

Said it yesterday but we do play well sometimes. We can play attacking stuff but for the most part we rely on individual moments, being reactive and generally having no way of playing
This could well be Rashford you are describing if what you say is true about Rashfords confidence. he has been the darling of OT, the fans love him & yet according to you his confidence is down.

Rom has some faults, he is too static & flatfooted at times but who would you have gone for who was available that is the finished article ? Hard to fathom a player scoring every 2nd game & its acknowledged the service has been generally poor is getting this flak

Unread 27-12-2017, 10:43 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
This could well be Rashford you are describing if what you say is true about Rashfords confidence. he has been the darling of OT, the fans love him & yet according to you his confidence is down.

Rom has some faults, he is too static & flatfooted at times but who would you have gone for who was available that is the finished article ? Hard to fathom a player scoring every 2nd game & its acknowledged the service has been generally poor is getting this flak

Rashford is struggling too no doubt but he's four years younger, has several years less experience and is the type of player i want to see.

Not knocking Lukaku's goals record. I don't like the type of player he is.

Morata.

Unread 27-12-2017, 10:51 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he developed an all-round game that was excellent, but there was never any doubt he could score. he wasn't exactly forlanesque.
Revisionism at it’s best. He was worse than Forlan during his first year. If it wasn’t instinctive and he had time to think, he’d miss. And miss badly.

Unread 27-12-2017, 10:58 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade;4852900[B
]Smalling, Jones, [/b] Bogbrush, Herrera, Mata, Blind, Young, Darmian, Lingard, Mkhitaryan.

Get rid of these shit@#%&!s, replace them and then see how Lukaku does first. I think he still deserves a chance, it's only been 4 months into his first season.

The shit@#%&!s however have been at United for more than 1 season. They are the ones need to be gotten rid of first.

You would keep Rojo over these 2 ? Smalling has been immense this season, every other defender has made massive #@&%! ups , particularly Rojo who after a decent return has been absolutely woeful . £#%&! Rojo off in the same 1st shipment of turds as Darmian & Herrera.

You want to get rid of our only attacking FB who can cross the ball for Lukaku ? He can play either side & has 2 goals & 3 assists in 15 games, thats 2 goals more & only 1 assist less than Luke Shaw has managed his 94 premier league games

Also wouldn't get rid of Lingard , his energy & clever movement improve the team massively & he scores important big goals . Not a 1st choice number 10, but definitely good player to have at the club

Unread 27-12-2017, 10:59 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
You would keep Rojo over these 2 ? Smalling has been immense this season, every other defender has made massive #@&%! ups , particularly Rojo who after a decent return has been absolutely woeful . £#%&! Rojo off in the same 1st shipment of turds as Darmian & Herrera.

You want to get rid of our only attacking FB who can cross the ball for Lukaku ? He can play either side & has 2 goals & 3 assists in 15 games, thats 2 goals more & only 1 assist less than Luke Shaw has managed his 94 premier league games

Also wouldn't get rid of Lingard , his energy & clever movement improve the team massively & he scores important big goals . Not a 1st choice number 10, but definitely good player to have at the club
Rojo seems to get an easy ride because he's 'hard'

I think he's a £#%&!ing liability.

The second Bailly is fit, it should be him and Lindelof.

Unread 27-12-2017, 11:11 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Rashford is struggling too no doubt but he's four years younger, has several years less experience and is the type of player i want to see.

Not knocking Lukaku's goals record. I don't like the type of player he is.

Morata.
How is he so different from Rom ? Both rely on pace & power, neither have a great 1st touch. Unfortunately strikers are rightly judged on goals scored , its their job .
Would get it more if you used Martial as your example , a better footballer then either . If he could only lose that face like a slapped arse look

Morata is not exactly setting the league on fire & he has Hazard supplying him. Same amount of goals Y& same amount of bad misses .

Unread 27-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Revisionism at it’s best. He was worse than Forlan during his first year. If it wasn’t instinctive and he had time to think, he’d miss. And miss badly.
We signed both players in January.

Cole got 12 goals in 18 games in his first season. Forlan played the same amount and scored....0.

Please give thy head a wobble you absolute liar

Unread 27-12-2017, 11:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
We signed both players in January.

Cole got 12 goals in 18 games in his first season. Forlan played the same amount and scored....0.

Please give thy head a wobble you absolute liar
Quite a riposte tbf.

Unread 28-12-2017, 03:15 AM
Stickman

Quote:
absolutely no chance.

Unread 28-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
That is complete and utter £#%&!ing %@#$&!s I’m afraid.
Closed Thread