United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2018, 12:50 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
If fergie’s template is anything to go by, you’re probably right.
Ron Atkinson didn't play attacking football, pal? £#%&! me, your posts somehow manage to get more desperate and boring by the day.

Unread 09-08-2018, 01:08 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder

Unread 09-08-2018, 01:10 PM
Lok

I thought today was going to be a disaster, leaving us all disappointed. But then I saw we've released an app and all is well again.

I bet City don't have an app. Useless @#%&!s will never match us.

Edit - they have 3.

Unread 09-08-2018, 01:17 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Ron Atkinson didn't play attacking football, pal? f*** me, your posts somehow manage to get more desperate and boring by the day.
I think he meant the ingrained culture of drinking and poor professionalism that Mourinho had to drive out of the club and it being 20 years since we last won the title when he arrived so it takes time to make it right, you know "Fergie's template".

Unread 09-08-2018, 01:23 PM
boreez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I thought today was going to be a disaster, leaving us all disappointed. But then I saw we've released an app and all is well again.

Edit - they have 3.
If it’s any consolation, MUTV has been added to Amazon Fire tv.

I bet we’re the first.

Unread 09-08-2018, 01:25 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Edit - they have 3.

Unread 09-08-2018, 01:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
I think he meant the ingrained culture of drinking and poor professionalism that Mourinho had to drive out of the club and it being 20 years since we last won the title when he arrived so it takes time to make it right, you know "Fergie's template".
Herrera's still here...

Unread 09-08-2018, 01:28 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Herrera's still here...
£#%&!ing Woodward man.

Unread 09-08-2018, 01:38 PM
MagnificentSeven

so, what would our best back four be?

i don't know if i can hack another season of valencia, smalling, jones and young.

Unread 09-08-2018, 01:39 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven

i don't know if i can hack another season of valencia, smalling, jones and young.
Darmian - Bailly - Lindelof - Dalot

Unread 09-08-2018, 01:40 PM
AK14

Quote:

De Gea.

Unread 09-08-2018, 02:12 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:

Don’t worry mate. We’ve been playing a back 5 all pre season so you can add Bailly or lindeloff to it

Unread 09-08-2018, 02:55 PM
dunk

Quote:

That's Mou's preferred 4, all fit and whatnot. He's already pretty much guaranteed Valencia and Young as first pick. If Jonah can just stay fit

Unread 09-08-2018, 03:01 PM
Sparky***

Jesus £#%&!ing christ. Yet another £#%&!ing season of watching Smalling and Jones find ways to make catastrophic mistakes in games. I really hoped watching that bungling oaf cost us a cup final in May would have been enough to see him gone.

Darmian now first choice right back because Valencia is injured and which ever @#%&! we stick on the left this week.

I'll be surprised if we manage 4 wins in the first 10 games.

Unread 09-08-2018, 03:05 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Ron Atkinson didn't play attacking football, pal? £#%&! me, your posts somehow manage to get more desperate and boring by the day.
Indeed he did. And after taking over that attacking team, it still took fergie until 91-92 to produce football truly worthy of Manchester united. Meanwhile, mourinho took over from van gaal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
5 years ago may as well be twenty, given the issues with the squad that needed sorting. Being twenty years made it easier for Fergie, as did no top four financial pressure. He could finish mid table in his third season and not get sacked. If mourinho isn’t backed and £#%&!s off, we may well beat the 26 years.

The club was 150 million or so away from being able to compete at the top again after this summer. Issues addressed. 3 year plan done. If mourinho goes, we’re back to square one with a new manager assessing the squad and then wanting his own players when he realises the issues that will still be there. So that would be at least two more seasons down the shitter. At least. Maybe 2023 will be our year eh.

Unread 09-08-2018, 07:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
clear out what can be cleared out imo.

we're facing a train wreck season.

bare bones and rebuild with giggsy next summer.
Frying pan, fire etc etc.

Unread 09-08-2018, 07:25 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Jesus f***ing christ. Yet another f***ing season of watching Smalling and Jones find ways to make catastrophic mistakes in games. I really hoped watching that bungling oaf cost us a cup final in May would have been enough to see him gone.

Darmian now first choice right back because Valencia is injured and which ever c*** we stick on the left this week.

I'll be surprised if we manage 4 wins in the first 10 games.
They make fewer catastrophic errors than the vast majority of CBs in the league. They are nowhere near as bad as people like to pretend.

Unread 09-08-2018, 07:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
They make fewer catastrophic errors than the vast majority of CBs in the league. They are nowhere near as bad as people like to pretend.
Remember when Spurs beat us at Wembley and we barely had a shot. It was all because of Jones and Smalling.

United can be much better this season without having signed a single central defender. It would have been nice, but the real improvement needed is elsewhere.

Unread 09-08-2018, 07:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
It's almost like one of them didn't cost us a cup final just 3 months ago and one almost cost us one in 2016...

Unread 09-08-2018, 07:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's almost like one of them didn't cost us a cup final just 3 months ago and one almost cost us one in 2016...
The dogshit performance from Sanchez in May was just as costly.
Closed Thread