United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
amazed how many people are fancying us to nick it 0-1 - there's no way in the world we're keeping a clean sheet.

No idea what's a smokescreen & what isn't re; the injured forwards, but I'll be £#%&!ing astonished if we're in the hat for the SF's.
Same here. Jose hasn't done any smoke screens since he's been here, no idea why he'd start now.

I'll be surprised if United manage more than a single shot on target in the entire game. It'll be a comfortable night's work for Chelsea and an infuriating load of old shit for us.

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
just got on 3-0 at 150/1. it's like giving money away.
to the bookies?

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:21 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Same here. Jose hasn't done any smoke screens since he's been here, no idea why he'd start now.

I'll be surprised if United manage more than a single shot on target in the entire game. It'll be a comfortable night's work for Chelsea and an infuriating load of old shit for us.

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:23 PM
believe

Quote:

get in your cab and go and do some over time

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
get in your cab and go and do some over time
How can i do over time when i don't have any actual contracted hours?

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Watching a re-run of the game at OT after we beat them in Moscow. Scored from a corner.... disallowed. Ball apparently not in the quadrant at the corner flag. Replays show it was. Giggs took it again and Vidic scored. If refs are not handing them goals then on a plate they make sure we have to score twice for a goal to stand. Forgot that one but £#%&! me, they've had some help over the years.
that's the one where giggs took it short to rooney but the officials didn't notice isn't it? did a couple of them trick ones round that time...

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:28 PM
Sizlack

Iam king pessimist but have a little tingle about tonight, if its boring as hell it will all be going to plan. Not conceding in the first minute will be a bonus.

£2 Felliani to score first 12-1
£2 United 3-1 50- 1
and £1 felliani to score first and 3 -1 662-1

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Iam king pessimist but have a little tingle about tonight, if its boring as hell it will all be going to plan. Not conceding in the first minute will be a bonus.

£2 Felliani to score first 12-1
£2 United 3-1 50- 1
and £1 felliani to score first and 3 -1 662-1
Has the feel of one of those games where we're so unfancied, that we might just nick it.

Or Chelsea win 3-0.

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:34 PM
believe

Quote:
How can i do over time when i don't have any actual contracted hours?
Just a figure of speech you miserable @#%&!

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Just a figure of speech you miserable @#%&!
No it isn't.

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:43 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
that's the one where giggs took it short to rooney but the officials didn't notice isn't it? did a couple of them trick ones round that time...
Yep. Ref later claimed it was "against the spirit of the game" because he didn't want to admit he'd £#%&!ed up. But he had.

I think we might muster a few shots on target tonight. Whether we can score enough actual goals is another question.

Unread 13-03-2017, 03:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
They won a cup final about two weeks ago mate.
come on pal you know what I mean.
A meaningful game against one of our 'rivals' - our record this season on that front has been piss poor.

Unread 13-03-2017, 03:51 PM
silv

are we allowed a new thread? This one isn't fit for purpose and I would like to motion a no confidence.

Unread 13-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
are we allowed a new thread? This one isn't fit for purpose and I would like to motion a no confidence.

Quote:
come on pal you know what I mean.
A meaningful game against one of our 'rivals' - our record this season on that front has been piss poor.
mugged by arsenal, robbed by city who we avenged a week or two later

smallinged at chelsea... oh shit.

Unread 13-03-2017, 04:08 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
mugged by arsenal, robbed by city who we avenged a week or two later

smallinged at chelsea... oh shit.
wouldn't say we were robbed by City tbf ..they played us off the park first half.
cast iron Pen turned down for us though naturally

the Arsenal result at Old Trafford was careless as £#%&! on our part.

0-0 at Anfield isn't a bad point but we were shit in the 1-1 with them at Old Trafford - & they're £#%&!ing ordinary lets not forget.

Chelsea battered us back in October. I don't think they will tonight, but they'll have too much for us sadly - & again, just like Liverpool I don't think they're anything to write home about.

Unread 13-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Ethers

Robbed by City

Unread 13-03-2017, 04:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
I honestly don't think that the identity of the author of a matchday thread on an obscure forum full of people who never go to games is likely to influence the outcome of the match.
Harrumph, don't be such a spoilsport.

Unread 13-03-2017, 04:35 PM
NegativeNorris

City made us look like a league 2 side in that first half. If you think we were robbed, you should seriously consider never watching football again tbh.

Unread 13-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
wouldn't say we were robbed by City tbf ..they played us off the park first half.
cast iron Pen turned down for us though naturally

the Arsenal result at Old Trafford was careless as £#%&! on our part.

0-0 at Anfield isn't a bad point but we were shit in the 1-1 with them at Old Trafford - & they're £#%&!ing ordinary lets not forget.

Chelsea battered us back in October. I don't think they will tonight, but they'll have too much for us sadly - & again, just like Liverpool I don't think they're anything to write home about.
I sat in hospital going mad in front of the laptop at that Chelsea match. Nurses had to come and have a word

Anyways, I really don't think they battered us, in the truest sense of the word... Sure the scoreline was a "battering" but, their performance wasn't exactly outstanding. They didn't exactly do anything special. As so many times this season, we've been the the reason for our own downfall.

Some of the mistakes we made in that match were down right amateur.

Unread 13-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Bunker Buster

I don't think we'll even make half time...

Would love to be wrong but this absolute hums of a severe beating...feel like a ginger step child...