United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If Fabinho comes then surely the inclination would be to prioritise Mensah as his understudy? Especially if Tuanzebe is getting a CB push.

Valencia, for his faults and the criticism, has had a good career at United, but maybe now the time to wind it down.
wouldn't have thought so, he's only just 31.i'd be surprised if the option to 2018 was taken.

Unread 17-07-2016, 04:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
wouldn't have thought so, he's only just 31.i'd be surprised if the option to 2018 was taken.
Could well end up being Mickey Terror's understudy if anything. If Mata is off.

If he's battling with Fabinho for RB then it's tough to see where Mensah gets games. Midfield? Bit raw for that, especially under Mou.

I can see Valencia staying, but being less involved, and quite "multifunctional"

Unread 17-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Could well end up being Mickey Terror's understudy if anything. If Mata is off.

If he's battling with Fabinho for RB then it's tough to see where Mensah gets games. Midfield? Bit raw for that, especially under Mou.

I can see Valencia staying, but being less involved, and quite "multifunctional"
both valencia and young both, so doubt either will be going anywhere soon.

personally i'b be right behind the manager if his 1st choice back line was mensah, zebe, bailly and shaw from week 1

Unread 17-07-2016, 05:28 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
valencia is not just technically and physically highly capable but also tactically. he's a manager's dream in all those respects - they pretty much know that they can give him a specific role and he will carry it out as near to the letter as possible...

his weaknesses are that he seems to lack vision and awareness, that he doesn't always adjust to the game positionally and that he lacks imagination. it's the thinking part that does the most damage to his confidence.

i think he will be a valuable player for mourinho, [if a RB comes in than] as a squad player down the right and especially as a sub when we're playing mourinho football, seeing out a game or keeping an opponent in their box.

and yet along with the likes of young he was one of the quickest to learn what LVG wanted and one of the best at executing it.

Unread 17-07-2016, 05:49 PM
waynes ear's

Valencia is shit. Bye

Unread 17-07-2016, 05:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Unbelievable that was.

He even managed to fall over doing it though welbeck the clown

Unread 17-07-2016, 05:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
both valencia and young both, so doubt either will be going anywhere soon.

personally i'b be right behind the manager if his 1st choice back line was mensah, zebe, bailly and shaw from week 1
Would love to see Mensah first pick, but if Fabinho comes it's presumably to be the RB. I'd rather Mensah the deputy than Valencia.

Mourinho likes a smaller squad, so there will be more cuts than signings. If Fabinho does come in, I'd much rather lose Valencia and Young than give up on Januzaj, Memphis and Pereira. Assume Mata will be off, but if they can't find a buyer that affects others.

It's certain that several will still face the chop, though. Valencia and Young will appeal to Mou, but they're 31. I'd rather move on.

Unread 17-07-2016, 06:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Would love to see Mensah first pick, but if Fabinho comes it's presumably to be the RB. I'd rather Mensah the deputy than Valencia.

Mourinho likes a smaller squad, so there will be more cuts than signings. If Fabinho does come in, I'd much rather lose Valencia and Young than give up on Januzaj, Memphis and Pereira. Assume Mata will be off, but if they can't find a buyer that affects others.

It's certain that several will still face the chop, though. Valencia and Young will appeal to Mou, but they're 31. I'd rather move on.
united will not risk another injury crisis this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
big mistake tbf

should never have sold him.

Unread 17-07-2016, 06:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
united will not risk another injury crisis this season.
Can't go into the season with Young, Martial, Memphis, Januzaj, Mata, Pereira, Mhkitaryan, Pogba (), Herrera, Fellaini and Lingard.

In terms of right-backs, Valencia, Fabinho, Darmian and Mensah would be overkill too.

A few of these guys will need to be moved on. Adnan seems the only obvious nailed on sale.
Closed Thread