Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
the absolute state of that middle aged man

has he been identified yet?
If he's not a wum it's embarrassing

Unread 09-12-2018, 04:39 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
What's being a #@&%! got to do with his salary?

This guy seems a #@&%!, no? Didn't see this plastered all over the papers.

Gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang.

Classic Phil.

Unread 09-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Hands of Scone

I didnt say there was a connection.

Maybe if this Foden character smacks a cluple of bitches up, snorts some drugs, the gets a ridiculous tattoo celebrating his dead gangster dad he might attract some negative comment.

Except that the white man wouldnt allow that, eh? The racist and divisive system (TM Jammy Dodger) in the UKKK will stop at nothing to stamp on the black man* I don’t know how Sterling copes with the oppression.

Let’s not forget what the press did to that nubian role model Joey Barton. He wouldn’t have attracted such bad press if he wasnt black. If a white footballer had put a cigar out on a teenagers nose it wouldnt even have made the papers i reckon.

*put a slightly negative slant on million pound house purchases

Unread 09-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone

Maybe if this Foden character smacks a cluple of bitches up, snorts some drugs, the gets a ridiculous tattoo celebrating his dead gangster dad he might attract some negative comment.

Except that the white man wouldnt allow that, eh? The racist and divisive system (TM Jammy Dodger) in the UKKK will stop at nothing to stamp on the black man* I don’t know how Sterling copes with the oppression.

Let’s not forget what the press did to that nubian role model Joey Barton. He wouldn’t have attracted such bad press if he wasnt black.
Nor Beckham, Rooney, Terry.

Meanwhile John Barnes, Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard and so on seem to get along just fine.

Smalling caught some flack for dressing up as a suicide bomber but that's more him being racist if anything.

All a load of %@#$&!s!

Unread 09-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Buck

He was found not guilty of assault.

Unread 09-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Meanwhile John Barnes, Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard and so on seem to get along just fine.

Smalling caught some flack for dressing up as a suicide bomber but that's more him being racist if anything.

All a load of %@#$&!s!
Im not sure you want to agree with me, pol. I think it makes you a racist.

Unread 09-12-2018, 04:47 PM
dunk

Quote:

Let’s not forget what the press did to that nubian role model Joey Barton. He wouldn’t have attracted such bad press if he wasnt black. If a white footballer had put a cigar out on a teenagers nose it wouldnt even have made the papers i reckon.

How do you explain the disparity between the coverage of Adarabioyo buying a house for his mum and Foden buying their mums houses? Or do you just assume Adarabioyo is a @#%&! for some reason..?

Unread 09-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
He was found not guilty of assault.
So was Stevie G

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
How do you explain the disparity between the coverage of Adarabioyo buying a house for his mum and Foden buying their mums houses? Or do you just assume Adarabioyo is a @#%&! for some reason..?
The onus is on the person asserting a proposition to show it to be the case. What is the evidence the ‘disparity’ is racist?

However, after a quick google the ‘disparity’ is easily explianed by the fact that Phil Foden has in fact played for city 13 times. So, there’s the ‘never even played’ angle down the swanny.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Foden

Unread 09-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm not sure Adarabioyo bought one for his mum?

Here's the Mail posting a positive story of a black player buying his boot boy a 30k Mercedes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-boot-boy.html

And here's one I found of Georgi Winaljdum or wtf he's called buying boots for some little @#%&!.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/lef...-35742373.html

I'm not searching for black players btw.

Unread 09-12-2018, 05:03 PM
Hands of Scone

The state of the usual suspects in here. So desperate to virtue signal their wokeness they take the intsagram whingings of a degenerate smacked arse millionaire as incontrovertible evidence of the racism at the rotten heart of britain.

Unread 09-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

All a load of %@#$&!s!
Don't see this much attention paid to the current England captain. Can't call Sterling out for acting a victim now when he's been subject to this for three years. If anything he showed more restraint than most would.

Unread 09-12-2018, 05:05 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
It wasnt the press who force(d) him to inhale laughing gas
Correct. That's all on him.

The absolute monster.

Unread 09-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Buck

Quote:
The state of the usual suspects in here. So desperate to virtue signal their wokeness they take the intsagram whingings of a degenerate smacked arse millionaire as incontrovertible evidence of the racism at the rotten heart of britain.
It's you who chooses to be cynical about the motives of people, rather than talk about the message at hand. Lots of journalists are actually taking Sterling's message on board rather than defending their industry.

Unread 09-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Cream

Quote:
Don't see this much attention paid to the current England captain. Can't call Sterling out for acting a victim now when he's been subject to this for three years. If anything he showed more restraint than most would.

https://mobile.twitter.com/adamkeywo...18545588502530
Yes that seems to tally with the football bete noire (pun intended) angle the press like to follow.

Bit like how they hound Tyson Fury but love AJ.

Unread 09-12-2018, 05:22 PM
sa7

Quote:
What's being a #@&%! got to do with his salary?

This guy seems a #@&%!, no? Didn't see this plastered all over the papers.

Big Brenda in the background

“Stop £#%&!ing posing Foden, and make with the cake. Nom nom nom”

Unread 09-12-2018, 06:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/adamkeywo...18545588502530
Stop bringing the actual facts into it pal, that's just virtue signalling your "wokeness"

There is no way - NO WAY - that our stout yeoman fearless truth seeking journalists are in any way prejudiced, or have an agenda, at all. Shame on you for even suggesting such a thing

Unread 09-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Stop bringing the actual facts into it pal, that's just virtue signalling your "wokeness"

There is no way - NO WAY - that our stout yeoman fearless truth seeking journalists are in any way prejudiced, or have an agenda, at all. Shame on you for even suggesting such a thing
Whatever meaning "virtue signalling" had in the past, it completely loses all meaning now it's thrown around as a way to raise cynicism at someone's genuine beliefs and compassion.

What reason would I and others have in defending a former Liverpool and current City player, if it wasn't for a blatant media machine that has decided he is their target? People have noticed this for a long while and it's only come to the fore because he himself has spoken out.

If virtue signalling is intended to be a slur at those who want reassurance in their echo chamber, you could easily flip it around and raise up dog whistling by some of our national media in stirring up division and hate. But that's for another thread.

Unread 09-12-2018, 08:17 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Whatever meaning "virtue signalling" had in the past, it completely loses all meaning now it's thrown around as a way to raise cynicism at someone's genuine beliefs and compassion.

What reason would I and others have in defending a former Liverpool and current City player, if it wasn't for a blatant media machine that has decided he is their target? People have noticed this for a long while and it's only come to the fore because he himself has spoken out.

If virtue signalling is intended to be a slur at those who want reassurance in their echo chamber, you could easily flip it around and raise up dog whistling by some of our national media in stirring up division and hate. But that's for another thread.
And as usual for want of an actual arguemnt worthy of the name we’ve gone meta and started arguing about the opponent’s style of argument.

You’ve not raised a fact yet. Nor evidence beyond sterling’s debunked whinge.

The reason you have for arguing for sterling is that is it forms part of your grievance politics.

Unread 09-12-2018, 08:18 PM
Jack Duckworth

i'll never watch soccer saturday again

Unread 09-12-2018, 08:46 PM
Buck

Quote:
And as usual for want of an actual arguemnt worthy of the name we’ve gone meta and started arguing about the opponent’s style of argument.

You’ve not raised a fact yet. Nor evidence beyond sterling’s debunked whinge.

The reason you have for arguing for sterling is that is it forms part of your grievance politics.
Grievance politics and meta

You spend most of the time going on about "the left" and assuming motives of "the left". I don't know much of your previous incarnation but I take you went through a state of transformation. It might shock you I am not as fervent a left wing idealogue I once was. Probably for similar reasons to you but not to the full extent as you.

As for Sterling, if it's not a outright racist issue, you might consider it being a classist issue interjected with racial undertones? Young boy from Jamaica who came to live in a rough estate in Wembley with a single mother goes on to become extremely rich and successful. Some of our national media (you know which ones) have long had issues with the troubles of the working class and in Sterling's example he ticks all boxes.

For what it is worth, initially I brushed it off as the Liverpool faction of the media going after him but it's gone on for so long for such £#%&!ing stupid reasons you have to ask why. I mean...he's not even that good a player to feature for footballing reasons.
Closed Thread