United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 18-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Ginners

Default Re: *Official* United v Galati Match Thread - Teams, Links and sparky is on holiday

really appreciate all the positive feedback guys, hopefully i can channel all that positive to the players tonight.

Unread 18-10-2011, 06:53 PM
jem

Default Re: *Official* United v Galati Match Thread - Teams, Links and sparky is on holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
would rather have that side out against liverpool than the one that did tbh
you, me and everyone else.

Unread 18-10-2011, 06:54 PM
silv

Square crests??

Unread 18-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Square crests??
shut your £#%&!ing mouth

Unread 18-10-2011, 06:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
shut your £#%&!ing mouth
That's told 'im

Unread 18-10-2011, 06:59 PM
wee man

Quote:
shut your £#%&!ing mouth

MJ Ramone

Bizarre game...how they hell we've conspired to make this fixture a 'must win' is beyond me
I think the players & manager (subconsciously) reacted to the draw the same way that we all did - Can we just have a by to the QFs ffs???..

I still don't know the name of the team we're playing tonight without having to check.

djsst

Quote:
A few of us have wondered how the FA could be so hypocritical with their appeal for UEFA leniency over the Wayne Rooney ban.
How on one hand can they ask for a light touch disciplinary process because the player apologised and on the other hand not do the same when the same player was caught on camera swearing, and then immediately apologised?

Fawzi Halimi decided it wasn't good enough just to wonder and sent an email to The FA.

Dear FA, The recent events with Wayne Rooney have led me to question your integrity. Wayne Rooney was banned last season for swearing at a camera, while playing for Manchester United. He issued a full apology, even released a statement, and then got banned for two games, including the FA cup semi-final. Last week, he kicked out at an opponent while playing for England. Yet this time, the FA stands fully behind him, issue an apology on his behalf, and hope he gets less than a two-game ban, so that he can play for England during the Euros. So is swearing worse than kicking? Or do you pledge your support to Rooney only when he plays for England and not Manchester United? Can you please explain, because I don't seem to understand your standards. Thank you.

Well, they replied. Alex Burkwood, Customer Relations Officer, sent the following to Fawzi:
Dear Fawzi Thank you for contacting The Football Association. It is worth noting that the player accepted the referees judgement of the incident, attempted to help the Montenegrin player to his feet and left the field of play without any reaction to the provocation of the home support. These are examples of the kind of behaviour we are promoting with the Respect programme, and while his actions in earning a red card are not something we would wish others to replicate, his behaviour afterwards would be. He apologised to his manager, to his teammates when they joined him in the dressing room. Kind regards, Alex Burkwood

Basically, they totally avoided the subject. The FA must know they're on shaky ground here, this is probably what happens when you make up your rules, or interpretation of them, as you go along. Well done The FA, you fill us all with confidence.

Unread 18-10-2011, 07:00 PM
andyroo

Any regular Fredsters out in Bucharest for this?

Apart from marlo of course

Unread 18-10-2011, 07:02 PM
n48

Quote:
shut your £#%&!ing mouth
Strong command of the match day thread. Only going up in my estimation. Sparky's gonna struggle to get back in at this rate.

Unread 18-10-2011, 07:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Bizarre game...how they hell we've conspired to make this fixture a 'must win' is beyond me
It didn't help that we easily our hardest fixture (on paper anyway) first up

But the performance against Basel was shocking - I at least expect them to be more focused tonight

Unread 18-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Strong command of the match day thread. Only going up in my estimation. Sparky's gonna struggle to get back in at this rate.
Agreed.

Ginners = Gary Barlow

Sparky = Simon Cowell

Grimson = SS Oberleutnant Bouffant von Keepersteinburg.

It's all falling into place and I reckon my 20% of a monkey, or 4 ponies if you will, is as safe as houses.

Unread 18-10-2011, 07:06 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Could get 6/7+ tonight with that line-up.

Unread 18-10-2011, 07:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
shut your £#%&!ing mouth
boom, one back hand from Ginners

Unread 18-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Crumps

Is it true that he's took his bird to Butlins?

Unread 18-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Is it true that he's took his bird to Butlins?
hes gone to great yarmouth until saturday

Unread 18-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up Re: *Official* United v Galati Match Thread - Teams, Links and sparky is on holiday

Wow - Andyroo called it right on the button.

Good team that, be disappointed if we lose this.
3 strikers on the bench too.

Unread 18-10-2011, 07:15 PM
andyroo

Quote:
hes gone to great yarmouth until saturday
He IS a great yar mouth.

Unread 18-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He IS a great yar mouth.

Unread 18-10-2011, 07:17 PM
andyroo

Otelul Galati XI

Grahovac, Rapa, Perendija, Antal, Frunza,
Costin, Filip, Salageanu, Neagu, Giurgiu, Punosevac

And a partridge in a pear tree.