United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Herrera21

Complete non-starter this.

Bayern have said they won't be selling us any more players, not a chance.

Unread 21-07-2015, 10:05 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrera21
Complete non-starter this.

Bayern have said they won't be selling us any more players, not a chance.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/...chester-united

Reports in Germany have claimed that United are preparing to table a big-money move for the forward.

“It’s not my decision,” Lahm said in Shanghai, before Bayern faced Internazionale in a pre-season friendly. “Things can happen very quickly in football. I certainly can’t provide any guarantee for Thomas Müller [staying].”

Unread 21-07-2015, 10:05 PM
dunk

Would £#%&!ing love this lad at OT

Unread 21-07-2015, 10:06 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Would £#%&!ing love this lad at OT
me too babes x

Unread 21-07-2015, 10:17 PM
puressence

Probably my greatest call ever if this comes of. Up there with mata and Bastian

Unread 21-07-2015, 10:19 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Probably my greatest call ever if this comes of. Up there with mata and Bastian
could you do a list of the ones you haven't tipped to come - might save time.

Unread 21-07-2015, 10:23 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
could you do a list of the ones you haven't tipped to come - might save time.
Haters gotta hate 👍

Unread 21-07-2015, 11:13 PM
ScarFace

Unread 21-07-2015, 11:19 PM
barca99

Im very underwhelmed by all this talk of muller

Is he himself actually good or is it more the teams he plays in

I am aware he is better than most of our other options btw

Unread 21-07-2015, 11:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99

Are you serious?

Unread 21-07-2015, 11:23 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 21-07-2015, 11:24 PM
Baron

Quote:

Sounds very sagey, but he's a managers dream. Does all the dirty work, does all the right things tactically & technically, has pace, physical, mentally - well, he's German, has 10 World Cup goals at 25 ffs, won it, won everything else with Bayern.

The 'against' is he's not prolific, mainly as he gets the Rooney-esque do a job role. Not to say he's Rooney-esque with his touch

£70m is nuts, but if this was 3 years ago that fee would be £35m tbh. The market is dictated by the law of diminishing returns when you get to the pointy end.

I wouldn't say he was first choice of the worldies but he may be the bastard we need.

Sadly, I genuinely cannot fathom why it would happen (unless there was a Di Maz reversal).

Unread 21-07-2015, 11:30 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Are you serious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

I can see his record and iv seen him play, just doesnt get me going for whatever reason.

Put it this way if we were to spend 60m+ on him id be thinking who else we could of got for that kind of money

Unread 22-07-2015, 12:15 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

I can see his record and iv seen him play, just doesnt get me going for whatever reason.

Put it this way if we were to spend 60m+ on him id be thinking who else we could of got for that kind of money
You won't get a more versatile, technical and hardworking forward for that money. At 25 years old it would be well worth the money.

Unread 22-07-2015, 12:19 AM
Mr Kaboom

The new Podolski , steer well clear

Unread 22-07-2015, 01:00 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

Depends. If we buy him, then he's shit. If we fail to buy him, he's brilliant.

Unread 22-07-2015, 01:05 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Müller's role can be described as an attacking all-rounder, a player able to play in a variety of forward positions. As he came through the youth system, he was seen primarily as a midfielder, but since breaking into the first-team he has been used in more forward roles. Both Bayern Munich and the Germany national team usually play a 4-2-3-1 formation, and Müller is most often part of the three attacking midfielders behind the central striker. He can play in any of the attacking midfield roles but usually plays in the center for Bayern Munich, and on the right for Germany. He has been used as an out-and-out striker on occasion.

Müller has been praised for his maturity, pace, technique, awareness and positioning. He has been particularly noted for his composure; Germany manager Joachim Löw said he is "impervious to pressure" and former Bayern manager Louis van Gaal said he has tremendous mental strength. A consistent scorer and creator of goals, he describes himself as a player who can find gaps in the opposition defence but not particularly good at dribbling or one-on-ones. Müller describes this role as Raumdeuter, a term that translates to "interpreter of space" (cf. Traumdeuter, "dream interpreter"). During 2014 World Cup, Germany manager Joachim Löw stated that Müller "is a very unorthodox player and you can't really predict his lines of running, but he has one aim and that is 'how can I score a goal?".

Unread 22-07-2015, 01:11 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom

Quote:

angel di maria

Unread 22-07-2015, 06:22 AM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Sounds very sagey, but he's a managers dream. Does all the dirty work, does all the right things tactically & technically, has pace, physical, mentally - well, he's German, has 10 World Cup goals at 25 ffs, won it, won everything else with Bayern.

The 'against' is he's not prolific, mainly as he gets the Rooney-esque do a job role. Not to say he's Rooney-esque with his touch

£70m is nuts, but if this was 3 years ago that fee would be £35m tbh. The market is dictated by the law of diminishing returns when you get to the pointy end.

I wouldn't say he was first choice of the worldies but he may be the bastard we need.

Sadly, I genuinely cannot fathom why it would happen (unless there was a Di Maz reversal).
The market has become increasingly inflated in the last two years. When you consider that Sterling was just bought for £50m then surely Muller is worth the extra £20m

He has been there, seen it, done it and has the T-Shirt. As for his scoring record not being prolific I disagree. For a wide forward he has a decent record.

Most people would love Bale at the same price or more. Yet when I compare their scoring ratio Muller is more prolific. Bale has scored a goal every 3.25 games in his career at Southampton, Spurs and Real. Muller scores every 2.77 games and I even excluded his season for the Bayern Munich II side.

Get the mad German bastard signed up and if £70m is what it takes then get it done.

Unread 22-07-2015, 08:00 AM
PeakyBlinder

Bild have confirmed a €100m bid has now been submitted.

€100m!!

Isn't even as if his goalscoring record is that great (World Cups aside).

We could get Ronaldo for the same price, I'm sure of it.
Closed Thread