United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2015, 05:39 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Yeah brilliant

Totes. Should have succeeded fergie. Tbh would still love him here now.
Bloody Charlton. He only poked a coach, not like Giggs. Ahem.

Unread 13-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
He saved the world with that result.

If Big Mou takes the title off City this year, he'll have done more for United fans in the last two seasons than our own managers

"...so much about him...". he knows where the bodies are buried, nqat.

superb stuff from jose. always good to see managers having a go at the self-important £#%&!ers in the media, whether it's a wheezing fat £#%&! who's never kicked a ball in his life, or an ex-player who seems to think they themselves were flawless.

Unread 13-03-2015, 05:49 PM
puressence

souness bigs utd up more than anyone on tv .......

Unread 13-03-2015, 05:52 PM
My Name is Keith

Just watched it and I've got no problem with what he says. Spot on tbh. Anyway, I think Louie's set the standards for embarrassing post match pressers with his power point presentation handout tbh. Be surprised if that's beaten this season for sheer cringe.

Unread 13-03-2015, 05:55 PM
TheFatGoth

Unread 13-03-2015, 05:57 PM
Jack Duckworth

compare and contrast moyes' forelock-tugging with the media with jose's windmilling. i thought lvg would have done a bit more of this too, tbh.

Unread 13-03-2015, 05:59 PM
92ToBury

Mourinho with £300m to spend on us over two seasons and we passed? £#%&!ing hell. :shakehead:

Unread 13-03-2015, 06:38 PM
Harfynn Teuport

"Mourinho's Sky Sports rant: full transcript "

ffs

Unread 13-03-2015, 06:38 PM
Ashley's Grime

I read somewhere that Benfica history books just leave out the Souness era altogether...His signings included Dean Saunders, Brian Deane, Mark Pembridge, Scott Minto and Steve Harkness.

Unread 13-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Switching Off

Good stuff but he must really sky plus everything and watch it back the next day the sad @#%&!

Why does he waste his time on these no marks? Cant wait till he brings fred up.

"We all know Dunk but Mata's record speaks for itself"

Unread 13-03-2015, 08:22 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Good stuff but he must really sky plus everything and watch it back the next day the sad @#%&!
Exactly. You just give them power by acknowledging/responding to them.

Unread 13-03-2015, 08:45 PM
dunk

Quote:

Why does he waste his time on these no marks? Cant wait till he brings fred up.

"We all know Dunk but Mata's record speaks for itself"
He'd probably be citing me as evidence of why he got shut of Mata tbh

Unread 13-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Unread 13-03-2015, 09:21 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He will be trolling Sider's tbh. Haha look at how much money I got for your love joy Luiz

Unread 13-03-2015, 09:29 PM
taff

Quote:
I prefer to say that envy is the biggest tribute that the shadows do to the man.

Unread 13-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Just watched it and I've got no problem with what he says. Spot on tbh. Anyway, I think Louie's set the standards for embarrassing post match pressers with his power point presentation handout tbh. Be surprised if that's beaten this season for sheer cringe.
keith knows

Unread 13-03-2015, 09:42 PM
dunk

Quote:

Unread 13-03-2015, 11:13 PM
Withers

Fergie would never behave like that.

Unread 14-03-2015, 10:51 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Anyway, I think Louie's set the standards for embarrassing post match pressers with his power point presentation handout tbh. Be surprised if that's beaten this season for sheer cringe.
Mourinho responded to the draw at home with Burnley by getting his agent to place a phonecall to Sky asking if they could bump James Beattie from Goals on Sunday, so that Mourinho could spend half an hour ranting to Ben Shepard about refereeing conspiracies

I'd say that blew that particular competition wide open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Chelsea were a disgrace tbh - add to 2011 & 2005 as European Cup games he's lost by going overly negative and snide.
It's what he does most of the time in big games now. The Mourinho of Chelsea/Inter I found more attractive for the United job, as at least he mixed it up. His Inter side tore into Barca at home, then suffocated the game away. Same in his first season at Chelsea, he switched it up a lot. But I think since Pep handed him his arse a couple of times, he's become inclined to try and destroy every big game.

Tbh, I don't see how anyone who complains about the so-called pragmatism of LvG can pine for Mourinho these days. If you want instant results (he's won one league in the last four seasons, mind) then fair enough, but you can't play the football purist and then advocate Mou over other candidates.

That's the reason to stick with LvG. If it works with him you get the lot: good football, success and a foundation to build on

Unread 14-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

That's the reason to stick with LvG. If it works with him you get the lot: good football, success and a foundation to build on
and yet season 1 will end with no foundation whatsoever in the making, which would seem a bit of an oversight considering how obvious it was to everyone that sorting the defence out was blatantly the top priority

no-one should be remotely fooled by the defensive record United has somehow achieved so far either because both the number of chances the opposition has created and how easily they've been created has been truly shocking game in game out, and only the GK has kept the score down.

the worry is that not only is De Gea likely to leave sooner rather than later, but LVG is unlikely to be in a position to jettison any of Evans, Smalling and Jones in the summer, let alone replace all of them at once.
Closed Thread