Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Child of Darkness

Bayern 7 nil .

Unread 12-03-2015, 01:45 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Scudamore basically said as much last year IIRC. A PL without United at the top is shit
This,

Unread 12-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Time For Heroes

I think we're still (somehow) 2nd in the rankings with Spain top and Germany 3rd. Italy are 4th but Juve apart they've done nothing at all so won't be overtaking us anytime soon.

Unread 12-03-2015, 03:25 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
I think we're still (somehow) 2nd in the rankings with Spain top and Germany 3rd. Italy are 4th but Juve apart they've done nothing at all so won't be overtaking us anytime soon.
France on the rise

Unread 12-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk in drublic
Core that all Italian final at OT was £#%&!ing awful.
i went to that, it was £#%&!ing dreadful. if a throb post was a football mat...zzzzzzzzzzzz

Unread 12-03-2015, 06:02 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i went to that, it was £#%&!ing dreadful. if a throb post was a football mat...zzzzzzzzzzzz

Unread 12-03-2015, 06:17 PM
angrydimaria

Premier league is exciting. Doesn't have the technical quality or better teams in other leagues, but it is most exciting. Hype is usually due to the number of people watching it and premier league leaves everything other league miles behind in this aspect. And if the new tv deal is anything to go by, it won't be coming down anytime sooner.

Like here in states, we get 3 channels showing every match in england. NBC, fox, bein sports make sure you don't miss any match in any competition.

I think there will be more and more watching and for a neutral it doesn't matter if the top teams are a bit shit. Most would rather watch your team win 3-2 every match than battering 5-0 each team.

Unread 12-03-2015, 10:13 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
Premier league is exciting. Doesn't have the technical quality or better teams in other leagues, but it is most exciting. Hype is usually due to the number of people watching it and premier league leaves everything other league miles behind in this aspect. And if the new tv deal is anything to go by, it won't be coming down anytime sooner.

Like here in states, we get 3 channels showing every match in england. NBC, fox, bein sports make sure you don't miss any match in any competition.

I think there will be more and more watching and for a neutral it doesn't matter if the top teams are a bit shit. Most would rather watch your team win 3-2 every match than battering 5-0 each team.
Watched United recently?

Unread 12-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Mr_Ed

Switched off at EPL to be honest

Unread 13-03-2015, 10:15 AM
dunk

Everton to be England's sole representative in Europe this time next week?

Unread 13-03-2015, 12:03 PM
andyroo

Why do we have to have all this needy state of the game angst when Chelsea, Arse or the berts fail? When it's us everyone just gloats like @#%&!s and nary a mention of what it says about the league.

Unread 13-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Why do we have to have all this needy state of the game angst when Chelsea, Arse or the berts fail? When it's us everyone just gloats like @#%&!s and nary a mention of what it says about the league.

That's easy to answer

There are football clubs and there is MANCHESTER UTD

We even have our an acronym ABU(no one else has one)that will get in the Oxford dictionary one day

Unread 13-03-2015, 04:36 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Everton to be England's sole representative in Europe this time next week?
I expect everton to get knocked out by Kiev tbh. They were lucky to get a win this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Strong United = Boring boring premier league.
Weak United = Pathetic premier league.

Basically they want to involve United somehow in anything to talk.

Hated, Adored but never ignored

Unread 14-03-2015, 01:14 AM
jayalexander

It was never the best league in the world. And nobody outside of England ever makes this claim. If it was the best league in the world, why are the English teams always shite in The CL and when they manage to win, it's always a scrape where it's obvious they were outplayed (see Chelsea/Barca)?

It might be physically tougher (not that that's really a good thing) but I always laugh at the people who make out that Messi couldn't do it on a cold night in Stoke. The guy has the likes of Pepe, Ramos and Godin dancing, I'm sure he could cause Ryan Shawcross a problem or two.

Unread 14-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayalexander
It was never the best league in the world. And nobody outside of England ever makes this claim. If it was the best league in the world, why are the English teams always shite in The CL and when they manage to win, it's always a scrape where it's obvious they were outplayed (see Chelsea/Barca)?

It might be physically tougher (not that that's really a good thing) but I always laugh at the people who make out that Messi couldn't do it on a cold night in Stoke. The guy has the likes of Pepe, Ramos and Godin dancing, I'm sure he could cause Ryan Shawcross a problem or two.
Disagree. 07/08, 08/09 we had three teams in the semis of the European cup? Except that brilliant Barca team the best of the rest were English

Unread 14-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

From 2005 to 2009 there was an English side in the final each year.

Iirc 2007,8 & 9 there was 3 English sides in each semis.

Unread 14-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayalexander

Don't be a dick. English clubs have won their share of European trophies, formerly, despite Italian briberies, proved and unproved and lately, despite Madrid and Barca being fed the lion's share of domestic tv money that would've seen a national strike had United benefited from the same, during our domestic dominance.

There's a reason that S Americans and even Germans, go to Spain, apart from the cultural niceties. It's a piece of piss playing Levante as opposed to Ryan Shawcross kicking the shite, despite the temptations of higher $$$ in the PL.

Not flying the flag here, God forbid, but 12 year old fifa geniuses like you need a smack in the £#%&!ing gob and appreciate the football we have. If you want "quality" every time Barca come to town once a year, £#%&! off to Spain.

You probably creamed at the thought of Ozil giving Shawcross "a lesson"
Closed Thread