Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Bloody hell, I'm out of touch.
Is Longsight still posh?
Alright, the cafe has a coffee machine. I like to think I've brought a touch of class to the area. Levenshulme is the next "big" area motwyw

Anyway, Alves. He'd be mint you bunch of fannies

Unread 17-10-2014, 03:29 PM
ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Alright, the cafe has a coffee machine. I like to think I've brought a touch of class to the area. Levenshulme is the next "big" area motwyw

Anyway, Alves. He'd be mint you bunch of fannies
Tbf the bunch of fannies all think he'd be mint, It's me who think he'd be a mistake,

My argument is Rafael is really quite good and £#%&!ing him off for someone older makes no sense, but it's Dani Alves and anyone who was ever World Class is automatically a good signing at any stage of their career and the idea that he's too old is just stupid and the whole forum agrees.

Unread 17-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
For a start who's to say di Maria won't see his arse with Manchester before the end of the year? For all you £#%&!ing know he could be on the phone crying to his agent every £#%&!ing night.

I just don't see the point of signing a 32 year old fullback on stupid wages when we have a 25 year old who is a good player. You sign a younger player as cover.
Relax, it's in the express. United have shown ambition of late. No reason for that to change.

Unread 17-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
Tbf the bunch of fannies all think he'd be mint, It's me who think he'd be a mistake,

My argument is Rafael is really quite good and £#%&!ing him off for someone older makes no sense, but it's Dani Alves and anyone who was ever World Class is automatically a good signing at any stage of their career and the idea that he's too old is just stupid and the whole forum agrees.
Tbf Rafael is due an injury lay off and thats the problem, his back ups are centrebacks who aren't that good at their given position. Then there is Valencia

One last big payday to help with Rafaels progress and fill in when injured etc Added to the fact we should be back in Europe next season so he'll get game time.

Unread 17-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Tbf Rafael is due an injury lay off and thats the problem, his back ups are centrebacks who aren't that good at their given position. Then there is Valencia

One last big payday to help with Rafaels progress and fill in when injured etc Added to the fact we should be back in Europe next season so he'll get game time.
Never mind the fact he can't defend for shit like the rest of United's defenders.

Unread 17-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

My dad said, when you get past ya sell by date at Barcelona you'll be good enough to play for £300k a week at Manchester Philosophy

Unread 17-10-2014, 04:10 PM
ZiggyStardust

If we do sign him for next season then it better not be to replace Rafael as first choice right back

The lad's had a storming start to the season

Love Rafael

Unread 17-10-2014, 04:22 PM
tatty

I'm torn with this.

On the one hand he's obviously still world class and will be a fantastic addition. On the other it smacks of Chelsea in the early 00's buying any borderline has-been worldly they could lay their hands on.

If there isn't a great younger option next summer available then fair enough.

Unread 17-10-2014, 04:26 PM
puressence

rather have the other southampton right back clynne

Unread 17-10-2014, 05:07 PM
crockster

Thumbs up

Big names are always welcomed at the theatre of dreams

Unread 17-10-2014, 05:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Has been a truly great player. Was desperate for us to sign him from Sevilla when Neville was on the decline.

Now I expect this is more agents playing games. Rafael has been tremendous the last few games.

Unread 17-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
No ta. File with Henry, Di Maria etc.

We need to use all our budget on getting Welbeck back. Pay him what he wants. None of these fancy dan foreigners who shit titles.

Unread 17-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Tiberian

Nah, past his prime, Maicon was keeping him out of the Brazil side at the World Cup. If Utd have to throw money around look for the next superstar instead of creating a pension home.

Should be looking to sign the best striker in the world aged between 21-24 not called Neymar instead of Falcao as well.

Unread 17-10-2014, 06:00 PM
witter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Should be looking to sign the best striker in the world aged between 21-24 not called Neymar instead of Falcao as well.
So we shouldn't sign Falcao on a permanent deal in the summer

Unread 17-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by witter87
So we shouldn't sign Falcao on a permanent deal in the summer
Not if we are keeping Rooney and Van Persie as well, would leave Utd in a situation where they have 3 strikers all past their best years, all needing to be replaced at a similar time, probably on a million a week between them.

Unread 17-10-2014, 06:18 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Not if we are keeping Rooney and Van Persie as well, would leave Utd in a situation where they have 3 strikers all past their best years, all needing to be replaced at a similar time, probably on a million a week between them.
rvp will not be here as a starter next year

Unread 17-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Crumps

Would be a great addition to the squad. Especially in terms of Raf's career and there isn't a right back I'd rather see as our long term option there over Raf.

Can't defend?
Out of favour with Scolari?

%@#$&!s and yeah that was an expertly chosen Brazil squad.

Clyne looks a good shout but has mentioned many times before we lost a great deal of experience in our back line which has shown.

Yes he is 32 In May but I think there is more than a good chance we'll be looking at a Giggs/Totti length of Career with this one.

For someone who apparently can't defend I have seen very few if any examples that point to this.

Unread 17-10-2014, 06:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Agree in principle, but you get the sense there isn't too much coming through at this moment.

Go back ten years and forward talent in the 18-22 age bracket: Rooney, Eto'o, Ronaldo, Zlatan, RvP, Tevez, Villa, Torres, Adriano.

Don't get the impression there's that kind of quality around at the moment.

Unread 17-10-2014, 06:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Would be a great addition to the squad. Especially in terms of Raf's career and there isn't a right back I'd rather see as our long term option there over Raf.

Can't defend?
Out of favour with Scolari?

%@#$&!s and yeah that was an expertly chosen Brazil squad.

Clyne looks a good shout but has mentioned many times before we lost a great deal of experience in our back line which has shown.

Yes he is 32 In May but I think there is more than a good chance we'll be looking at a Giggs/Totti length of Career with this one.

For someone who apparently can't defend I have seen very few if any examples that point to this.
You can play in bursts in their position, though. Alves, especially as he ages, will be constantly targeted defensively. Not to mention the athletic requirements of a full-back in the modern game. Zanetti, more so than Giggs and Totti, was the real freak in that respect.

Alves could do a job for a bit. For me it's overkill to get him with Rafa around, though. A more subtle signing required for depth, imo.

Unread 17-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
rvp will not be here as a starter next year
Quite possibly. I am hoping that he is just suffering from the classic World Cup hangover but he owes the club some performances. Looked like he prioritized the World Cup over Utd last season, not acceptable for a man wearing the armband.
Closed Thread