Sad end to that username really
Tumescent Turk

Unread 14-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Then he went £#%&!ing barmy.
...goes the popular myth.

In reality he was successful right up until his retirement, and left plenty of quality for his successor to work with. You cannot blame a manager for the failure of his successor(s) to impose their own 'philosophy' on a squad of proven winners. It is always more complicated than that, and especially when the previous such transition was back in 1986.

Unread 14-03-2015, 08:28 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
...goes the popular myth.

In reality he was successful right up until his retirement, and left plenty of quality for his successor to work with. You cannot blame a manager for the failure of his successor(s) to impose their own 'philosophy' on a squad of proven winners. It is always more complicated than that, and especially when the previous such transition was back in 1986.
Well, I agree to some extent but I also think it's not working because half the proven winners are falling to bits with advancing years, and the other half were largely carried by the former.

And then there's Rooney. Whose game has definitely suffered from being shuffled around to cover deficiencies elsewhere.

Unread 14-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Well, I agree to some extent but I also think it's not working because half the proven winners are falling to bits with advancing years, and the other half were largely carried by the former.

And then there's Rooney. Whose game has definitely suffered from being shuffled around to cover deficiencies elsewhere.
Rooney has been played in midfield many times even when the manager had actual midfielders that could have been played there.

The club has had 3 transfer windows and hundreds of millions of pounds to sign a right-back and a central defensive leader since Ferguson retired.

Unread 14-03-2015, 09:59 PM
red @rmy

De Jong was mentioned in the evening news last week.

Unread 14-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Vedder

Palermo have received a €40 bid for Dybala according to their president

United?

Dybala, Depay and someone else lined up

Unread 14-03-2015, 11:00 PM
waynes ear's

40 euros. Theres low balling, and there's taking the piss
Closed Thread