Closed Thread

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:05 PM
puressence

imagine barca trying to sign him back lastweek

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:06 PM
n48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson
is he fit or are we being used to boost his pre season fitness.

It beggars belief that you lot are happy about this... Can you imagine Chelsea , Arsenal , Liverpool or any of the top European Clubs doing this ?

We have slipped so far it's unbelievable
Litmanen? Crespo? £#%&!s sake, he's not even here yet he's being slated.

Clever player, ala Sheringham.

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
is he fit or are we being used to boost his pre season fitness.

It beggars belief that you lot are happy about this... Can you imagine Chelsea , Arsenal , Liverpool or any of the top European Clubs doing this ?

We have slipped so far it's unbelievable
Didnt Barca try and sign him a few weeks ago?

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
yeah barca did, the european champions

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:10 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
yep imagine that

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:11 PM
n48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
yeah barca did, the european champions
Yeah but in that time since they won the European Cup a few months ago he has lost all his ability and fitness too.

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Litmanen? Crespo? £#%&!s sake, he's not even here yet he's being slated.

Clever player, ala Sheringham.
I'm not slating him particularly. I am slating Fergie and the Glazers . Are you all happy that we are being fobbed off with a 2 month loan signing of a 35 yr old instead of replacing Ruud properly ?

We sold Sheringham when he was around that age ........ in the days when we spent money...

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:12 PM
MUFC One Love

I know, Imagine Liverpool signing Robbie Fowler in a hope that sentiment might win them the league? Or even 6 million on Pennant?

£#%&! me, what an awful signing it is, signing a clever player who will score goals, assist goals and will leave a lot for the likes of Rooney when his loan ends.

Seems some people are more interested in what other people might think of us, very 14 year old spoilt-ish behavious.

I wonder what Liverpool are thinking right now, "Hahahaha Larsson, that's shit...er.....but they're top of the league and ridiclously ahead of us...errr.. la"

Or Arsenal? £#%&! me, I'm scared what they're thinking "United are miles ahead of us at the top of the league...and...they've just signed Larsson, hahahaha...who....came on and beat us in the European Cup final.."

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Johnson

nail on head !

Yep , even Liverpool have money to spend

You kids are so easily swayed.

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I know, Imagine Liverpool signing Robbie Fowler in a hope that sentiment might win them the league? Or even 6 million on Pennant?

£#%&! me, what an awful signing it is, signing a clever player who will score goals, assist goals and will leave a lot for the likes of Rooney when his loan ends.

Seems some people are more interested in what other people might think of us, very 14 year old spoilt-ish behavious.

I wonder what Liverpool are thinking right now, "Hahahaha Larsson, that's shit...er.....but they're top of the league and ridiclously ahead of us...errr.. la"

Or Arsenal? £#%&! me, I'm scared what they're thinking "United are miles ahead of us at the top of the league...and...they've just signed Larsson, hahahaha...who....came on and beat us in the European Cup final.."

actually some dips are saying that the larsson signing is a great move

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Johnson

After getting Fowler for nothing they went out and spent money on Kuyt & Bellamy....

We sent our striker on loan to Newcastle.

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:18 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
I'm not slating him particularly. I am slating Fergie and the Glazers . Are you all happy that we are being fobbed off with a 2 month loan signing of a 35 yr old instead of replacing Ruud properly ?

We sold Sheringham when he was around that age ........ in the days when we spent money...
Errr.. no.

I'd probably have a clever experienced player who will guarantee us good service when we'll need it and will be the boost to help us progress this season, than blowing 12 million on a striker who wont offer us much more at the moment than Saha is.

I think people just want us to spend money because they're upset their (probably 15 year old) friends who support other teams are going on about money being spent at their clubs. Allows the "Man U" fans to brag when we blow 12 million on defoe.

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:19 PM
11forever

Default I know we're desperate

for a striker, but this has to be the signing of a club that's skint!

I'm not saying he's a bad player at all, but he's clearly past his best. What's happened to the concept of building a team for the future?

Oh, no, that's right - we'll just settle for the short term to make sure the Glazers can pay the interest on the debt.

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:19 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
After getting Fowler for nothing they went out and spent money on Kuyt & Bellamy....

We sent our striker on loan to Newcastle.
And they're how far behind us?

Rooney, Saha and Rossi is better than their options, and that's not counting Smith.

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:21 PM
MUFC One Love

People need to distinguish what the job is he's being brought for, he's past it as a long term permanent player, but as a short term player who will bring a lot to the team and add something different to us when we need it this season he's a good signing - that is ALL he is being brought for, SHORT-TERM, don't worry "Man U" £#%&!wit, you can still dream of Torres this summer because we won't be wasting big money on Defoe or Bent*

*we won't be signing Torres, we'll get a striker but not Torres next summer, stop dreaming.

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11forever
for a striker, but this has to be the signing of a club that's skint!

I'm not saying he's a bad player at all, but he's clearly past his best. What's happened to the concept of building a team for the future?

Oh, no, that's right - we'll just settle for the short term to make sure the Glazers can pay the interest on the debt.
Buliding for the future is fine, but we want to win the league this year as well. Larsson can help us do that. He is a good short term signing.

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Skag Trendy

Can only be a good thing playing wise to add Larsson to the squad.

Cant help thinking it signals we have NO money spend on any new players.

Anyway this will just be short term till Torres next season

I think Rossi will be saying his goodbyes.Shame he never got the chance.

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Can only be a good thing playing wise to add Larsson to the squad.

Cant help thinking it signals we have NO money spend on any new players.

Anyway this will just be short term till Torres next season

I think Rossi will be saying his goodbyes.Shame he never got the chance
thats bull

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Ether

Quote:
People need to distinguish what the job is he's being brought for, he's past it as a long term permanent player, but as a short term player who will bring a lot to the team and add something different to us when we need it this season he's a good signing - that is ALL he is being brought for, SHORT-TERM, don't worry "Man U" £#%&!wit, you can still dream of Torres this summer because we won't be wasting big money on Defoe or Bent
Yes, I don't disagree he's a good short-term signing. But it's still sad that a transfer like this is our only option because of how skint we are. And despite what you said in the other thread, it does speak volumes about our financial situation I'm afraid. The January we were looking at signing Di Canio (which was for £3 million by the way) we also spent £7m on Forlan, and went and spent £30m on Rio in the summer. I'll be suprised if we spend anywhere near that over the next few seasons.

And before you bang on about being upset at being unable to brag about big signings, it's not that at all. But it is sad that cut-price transfers like this are our only option for the foreseeable future.

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:55 PM
11forever

Quote:
People need to distinguish what the job is he's being brought for, he's past it as a long term permanent player, but as a short term player who will bring a lot to the team and add something different to us when we need it this season he's a good signing - that is ALL he is being brought for, SHORT-TERM, don't worry "Man U" £#%&!wit, you can still dream of Torres this summer because we won't be wasting big money on Defoe or Bent*

*we won't be signing Torres, we'll get a striker but not Torres next summer, stop dreaming.
I'm not really sure who you're calling a "Man U" £#%&!wit here, but it seems to me that we're debating the merits of taking an ageing striker on loan for a few weeks where we all have an interest in seeing the club do well. Calling people stupid names because they disagree with you does your argument no good whatsoever.

The club is skint and we can't afford to sign anyone now, or in the summer unless we sell first! (Hopefully, I'm wrong on this! ) This is, unfortunately our only option right now. And, as I said previously I have nothing against the player at all - it's about the financial situation of the club.
Closed Thread