United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:45 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
You can’t compare the two scenarios. United didn’t need to bank on Ronaldo’s success because we were perennial winners. .
Utter rubbish. We were turd for 3 seasons from 03-04

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
So true. We're a few steps away from making videos 'proving' how all the refs favour city.

They're the best team, that's all there is to it. It's up to everyone else to knuckle down, sell Chris Smalling and get on with it.

Spot on.....

And dunk.

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:47 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not at all. We are in danger of slipping into the paranoid World of the dippers and Liars during our years of success.

They are doing everything better than us atm. Suck it up, work out what we're doing wrong and £#%&!ing fix it.
I'm not disagreeing by the way. Just very brave for you to proclaim your new love of everything City.

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:48 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Utter rubbish. We were turd for 3 seasons from 03-04
We were second in 05-06

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:54 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
We were second in 05-06
He’s in a world of his own, just making shit up and repeating it ad nauseum.

Tiresome nob.

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:55 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
United’s coaches under Fergie wouldn’t agree. Other than a few training drills and practice matches. Doesn’t sound like much coaching went on because players needed to rest and recover and prepare for the next game.

Like Fergie said many a time, the players never practiced their skills until cantona turned up. Then some of them started staying around for half an hour after training to practice. So obviously training wasn’t focused on developing skills like passing and such. As muelenstein also said a few years ago, they didn’t coach the players on skills like passing.
It’s almost like the game might have moved on since the mid 90s I guess.

Huge if true

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:59 PM
20 times

Quote:
We were second in 05-06
Yes. Much better than our position in the league now

Also, we failed to qualify from our group in the CL

Great season

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:03 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Yes. Much better than our position in the league now

Also, we failed to qualify from our group in the CL

Great season
Also won the league cup.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:08 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Also won the league cup.
So winning the league cup is the sign of a good season?

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:12 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
We were second in 05-06
He says we were shit, you said we weren't because we finished 2nd...

So then why are you complaining about being 2nd now?
Can't switch the goalposts to suit your argument

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
Weren’t you just using Spurs’ lack of silverware -any silverware- as proof positive that we were better than them?

Make your mind up.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Can you imagine Duncan Edwards going up to Matt Busby and saying ‘you know what Matt, I think I can be a good player but I have to play inside left -and nowhere but inside left, every game for a minimum of three years’

We’re not going to agree on this. Rashford could turn out to be Henry, or he could turn out to be Welbeck. What if it’s the latter and we’ve gone all in, turning down the chance to sign someone like Kane in the process? You can be wrong, I can be wrong, Mourinho can’t or he gets fired.
He wouldn't have needed to. Busby saw the talent and put faith in him, rather than making him second-choice left-back for two years and wonder why he doesn't seem that good there.

Rashford has little chance of turning out to be a top quality striker if he barely gets a chance to play there. Leaving aside the strawman about him having to play every week, it's really just about getting any semblance of a chance to develop there.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:15 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
He says we were shit, you said we weren't because we finished 2nd...

So then why are you complaining about being 2nd now?
Can't switch the goalposts to suit your argument
I think we are shit at the moment tbh. Proper £#%&!ing shit. I also think the league in general is shit.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:16 PM
jem

Quote:
Have mourinho’s previous teams looked badly coached?
yes.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Have mourinho’s previous teams looked badly coached?
Only a matter of time before you start posting Deco quotes, pal

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:18 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He wouldn't have needed to. Busby saw the talent and put faith in him, rather than making him second-choice left-back for two years and wonder why he doesn't seem that good there.

Rashford has little chance of turning out to be a top quality striker if he barely gets a chance to play there. Leaving aside the strawman about him having to play every week, it's really just about getting any semblance of a chance to develop there.
i would player rashers up top every £#%&!ing week. His movement opens up the midfield much more than lukaku

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
i would player rashers up top every £#%&!ing week. His movement opens up the midfield much more than lukaku
stephen hawking would provide more movement than Lukakau

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:26 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Who said it was a good season?

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:47 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Who said it was a good season?
Rooers

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:57 PM
ZiggyStardust

Even in the Djemba Djemba years you would still never count Utd out if 2 nil down away from home
Lacking quality in certain areas but it still had some %@#$&!s about it