Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2020, 06:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/st...070074881?s=20

£#%&!ing about, if any of it is true

The signing of Rodrigo by City is the best example of the difference between the clubs atm. Player identified, not a World star by any stretch, release fee paid and signing completed early in the window. No £#%&!ing about. United wouldn't look at him as the social media profile wouldn't match the price, then they'd have spent 2 months arguing with Atletico over the price before eventually giving up or paying the release clause
i mean, all joshing aside is this actually a thing?

Unread 23-09-2020, 09:42 AM
windy waffles

Apparently they have rejected a cash plus Dalot bid.

He is also out of contract in the summer so I'm sure United are waiting until next summer to sign him.

Unread 24-09-2020, 07:39 PM
dunk

Unread 24-09-2020, 07:42 PM
Dasilvatwins

Onto the 3rd choice LB. Tight arses ed and matt will never pay the 20 mill asked...had a bloody good look though!

Unread 24-09-2020, 07:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Onto the 3rd choice LB. Tight arses ed and matt will never pay the 20 mill asked...had a bloody good look though!
Doesn't matter who we show interest in, the story is the same; selling club wants 'x', United believe the player is worth many millions less and never the twain..

A bit vague, but..

..would anyone be surprised?

Unread 24-09-2020, 07:49 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Doesn't matter who we show interest in, the story is the same; selling club wants 'x', United believe the player is worth many millions less and never the twain..
Still think Ed will panic buy. Its a classic move from him. Can see him signing an average player for 1.5 times the normal fee , if they had bid 5 weeks ago , on or close to deadline day

Unread 24-09-2020, 07:54 PM
AK14

Is this guy really that good?

Isn’t he out of contract next summer too?

Unless he’s first team quality then I don’t really see the point in dropping 20m on him tbph. Pointless spending that much on a backup to fatty shaw when we need someone to replace him.

Unread 24-09-2020, 07:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Is this guy really that good?

Isn’t he out of contract next summer too?

Unless he’s first team quality then I don’t really see the point in dropping 20m on him tbph. Pointless spending that much on a backup to fatty shaw when we need someone to replace him.
No idea, don't think I've ever seen him play

There's another LB option apparently.

Amazing, considering we weren't even looking for a LB until the Reguilon link, according to just about everyone

The club are briefing that criticism is unfair and that we've spent more than any 'superclub' in the last 3 windows

Unread 24-09-2020, 07:57 PM
AK14

12m for a backup full back seems decent enough

For once Woodward and co seem to be doing the right thing imo.

Quote:
No idea, don't think I've ever seen him play

There's another LB option apparently.

Amazing, considering we weren't even looking for a LB until the Reguilon link
Reckon it’s that Ukrainian fella?

Unread 24-09-2020, 07:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...873624577?s=21

12m for a backup full back seems decent enough

For once Woodward and co seem to be doing the right thing imo.

Reckon it’s that Ukrainian fella?
Dunno who that is. I was thinking the Monaco lad, but they don't appear open to selling.

Unread 24-09-2020, 08:00 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Dunno who that is. I was thinking the Monaco lad, but they don't appear open to selling.
Badishille?

Unread 24-09-2020, 08:03 PM
AK14

Quote:

Looks a talent tbf

Twitter ITK’s ( ) are saying he could be the third option.

Quote:
Badishille?
He’s a CB isn’t he?

Unread 24-09-2020, 08:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Badishille?
Yeah.

Quote:
https://youtu.be/OeIZIltYM6k

Looks a talent tbf

Twitter ITK’s ( ) are saying he could be the third option.

He’s a CB isn’t he?
LB and CB, which would probably appeal, 2 birds one stone

Never heard of the Ukrainian tbh.

Unread 24-09-2020, 08:08 PM
bosskeano

i read Tagliafico from ajax could be an option as well

Unread 24-09-2020, 08:14 PM
dunk

Anyone want to tell them that’s because they’re inept at selling and have few, if any saleable assets, and that it’s nowhere near enough by any stretch of the imagination?

Unread 24-09-2020, 08:17 PM
bosskeano

can sell off these excess players b/c they put them on too big of wages and other clubs can't afford to buy nor pay them.....disgraceful from Woodward

Porto full-back Alex Telles has urged the club to lower their £18.3million asking price in order for him to get his wish of joining Manchester United this summer. The 27-year-old is believed to have already agreed personal terms over a move to Old Trafford but United have had difficulty in agreeing a fee with the Portuguese club. Porto value Telles at €20m (£18.3m) but United feel that he is worth closer to £12m and talks have hit a stalemate in recent days with both parties unwilling to compromise. However, Telles is conscious that this may be his only opportunity to get a move to the Red Devils and the Guardian claim he has intervened in a bid to force a transfer to the Theatre of Dreams.

Unread 24-09-2020, 09:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

They ‘feel’ they’ve spent more? What is that shit. They either have or they haven’t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
can sell off these excess players b/c they put them on too big of wages and other clubs can't afford to buy nor pay them.....disgraceful from Woodward
Supposedly offered this telles Guy four times what he’s on at Porto and probably twice as much as PSG would offer him. So if he’s shit, another one we’d be stuck with. £#%&!tards.

Unread 24-09-2020, 10:07 PM
tatty

If I was a DoF I’d be trying every trick in the book to get the current wages of whatever target we were looking at.

Offer them the lowest realistic increase that is going to be too good to turn down but within the range other clubs are paying.

Instead we seem to base our wages on whatever ridiculous deal we last dished out thus ensuring that when we sign duds they are difficult to get rid of.

Unread 24-09-2020, 10:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
They ‘feel’ they’ve spent more? What is that shit. They either have or they haven’t.

Supposedly offered this telles Guy four times what he’s on at Porto and probably twice as much as PSG would offer him. So if he’s shit, another one we’d be stuck with. £#%&!tards.
Can hardly just offer him a £5-10k rise tbf, that’d put him on parity with the U23’s

Unread 24-09-2020, 10:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...364139520?s=21

Anyone want to tell them that’s because they’re inept at selling and have few, if any saleable assets, and that it’s nowhere near enough by any stretch of the imagination?
Absolutely £#%&!ing pathetic

Imagine leaking this bullshit to the press and expecting anything other than ridicule
Closed Thread