United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 31-12-2022, 04:09 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
AWB almost had his 2nd assist in 3 games, were it not for that stupid handball rule
If that happens in the middle of the pitch is it declared a ball to hand ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That Villa performance was a real anomaly
Lindelof was playing. Never underestimate having a clown in CB and the effect it has on performance

Unread 31-12-2022, 04:14 PM
Denis Irwell

Not the best performance but toughed that one out

So glad to see the end of back/sideways passing

Rashers absolutely brilliant for his goal. Skill, held the defenders off and good finish

Unread 31-12-2022, 04:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
If that happens in the middle of the pitch is it declared a ball to hand ?

Lindelof was playing. Never underestimate having a clown in CB and the effect it has on performance
Good point

Unread 31-12-2022, 05:19 PM
MagnificentSeven

wolves away has always been a stinker of a fixture for us in recent years so that will do. solid win, clean sheet, three points, rashford arguably in the form of his life right now, no complaints really. sometimes you just have to grind the wins out against lower sides, as we know very well from the fergie years.

Unread 31-12-2022, 05:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
wolves away has always been a stinker of a fixture for us in recent years so that will do. solid win, clean sheet, three points, rashford arguably in the form of his life right now, no complaints really. sometimes you just have to grind the wins out against lower sides, as we know very well from the fergie years.
Last few years this tule of fixture had “weekend ruiner” all over it

Unread 31-12-2022, 05:24 PM
redhegemony

I thought we were very solid and kept trying things against a very defensive set up. They compressed the space well but we had some big chances we didn't put away that would have made it more comfortable.

Amazing what ETH has done with AWB he looks a different player. Varane and Casimero just ooze class.

Martial disappointing but had 2 defenders closing him down.

Unread 31-12-2022, 05:34 PM
atticusgrinch

Rashford was fantastic when he came on. Fair play. Great run, great strength and great finish.

The team loses so much without Dalot and Martinez. Playing out from the back is almost impossible with Wan Bissaka the shit @#%&!. Luckily we’ve only played poor teams when he’s had to play.

Great 3 points though.

]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
I thought we were very solid and kept trying things against a very defensive set up. They compressed the space well but we had some big chances we didn't put away that would have made it more comfortable.

Amazing what ETH has done with AWB he looks a different player. Varane and Casimero just ooze class.

Martial disappointing but had 2 defenders closing him down.
He looks exactly the same shit player he’s always been.

Unread 31-12-2022, 05:38 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
… but a difficult test
They’re pretty much bottom of the league

Unread 31-12-2022, 06:17 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That Villa performance was a real anomaly
Didn’t help starting with 10 👀👀👀

Unread 31-12-2022, 06:29 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
New manager bounce and all that…

Also I haven’t looked at the table for a while tbf

Unread 31-12-2022, 06:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
They've been something of a bogey side for us ever since coming back up.

Unread 31-12-2022, 08:21 PM
Travis Bickle

Shaw has impressed me all season, but his performances in the last two games at CB have been pretty much faultless. Credit to AWB too - very good to see.

This was a tricky fixture but ultimately we negotiated it well. Rashford is in a rich vein of form. 4th - happy days

Unread 31-12-2022, 08:23 PM
Dr Stranger

‘Pretty much bottom’

Bayern Munich: Pretty Much 1999 CL Winners 🏆

Unread 01-01-2023, 08:50 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
‘Pretty much bottom’

Bayern Munich: Pretty Much 1999 CL Winners 🏆
This is possibly the most stupid thing anyone has ever said on here.

Unread 01-01-2023, 11:55 AM
anxious63

Rashford was great coming on to get the goal made a positive contribution far better than martial who was very poor , not sure though what long time future will be ETH very much in control now i like him and his methods but some strange stuff still going on

Unread 01-01-2023, 11:59 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxious63
Rashford was great coming on to get the goal made a positive contribution far better than martial who was very poor , not sure though what long time future will be ETH very much in control now i like him and his methods but some strange stuff still going on
Sound anxious pal

Unread 01-01-2023, 12:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxious63
It’s still very early days. Easy to forget how utterly shambolic we were towards the end of last season. The club looked rotten from top to bottom. We needed 10 new players and a complete revamp of attitude and standards.

We’re less than 25 games into his tenure and the attitude of the squad is night and day. We’re competing in and around the top four and this is all in a season broken up with the World Cup, the queens death and the absolute circus that has become Cristiano Ronaldo.

The team looks better, individuals look and better and… above all…. I actually want to watch Manchester United again.
I defy anyone to look at what we’re doing and not feel very positive about where we are compared to six months ago. I can take there still being a lot of work to do.

Unread 01-01-2023, 12:04 PM
anxious63

lol yea always anxious about everything yeah but good to see us doing a lot better recently the next month i think will define where we can get to , cup games and league against berts gooners etc hopefully we can do well , i think though ETH ia a massive positive for us the best since fergus i think

Unread 01-01-2023, 12:38 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It’s still very early days. Easy to forget how utterly shambolic we were towards the end of last season. The club looked rotten from top to bottom. We needed 10 new players and a complete revamp of attitude and standards.

We’re less than 25 games into his tenure and the attitude of the squad is night and day. We’re competing in and around the top four and this is all in a season broken up with the World Cup, the queens death and the absolute circus that has become Cristiano Ronaldo.

The team looks better, individuals look and better and… above all…. I actually want to watch Manchester United again.
I defy anyone to look at what we’re doing and not feel very positive about where we are compared to six months ago. I can take there still being a lot of work to do.
The queen's death must have hit them particularly hard.

A fair point.

Unread 01-01-2023, 12:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
The queen's death must have hit them particularly hard.

A fair point.
I mean in terms of scheduling, you balloon.