United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sancho isn’t gonna make it here is he
He just lacks intensity. He’s a nice player, but I worry he isn’t an ETH type of player.

Can’t get away with Maguire and The Scottish Player through the centre of the team either.

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:21 PM
Coracao

Our central midfield (McT and Sabitzer) completed 20 passes in that half.

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:21 PM
jem

fulham aren't exactly doing much. all the good half-chances have been ours. not too worried at the moment.

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:23 PM
ZiggyStardust

Poor half
Got better as it went on but that’s not saying much

We just can’t control games and the opposition find it too easy to pass the ball against us as we are far too passive and drop off too deep

Antony will come on for Sancho at half time
Zero conviction about anything Sancho does

The best and worst of Bruno
Some good progressive passes but my god has he given it away stupidly
We need him to put his foot on the ball and help us control the game but he doesn’t know how to do that

I’d get Malacia on for Shaw as well as he’s been slow and lazy

We generally play much stronger 2nd half so here’s hoping

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:24 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sancho isn’t gonna make it here is he
Nearly here two years , he has to be doing better. It’s probably a bit shit that he’s come back into the team who is clearly lacking legs , a striker and a competent midfield behind him.

That being said a player on 250/300k a week you expect more. Hopefully he shows something between now and the end of the season to show he has a future. ETH has turned others around, biggest issue is his lack of pace. If you’re not super quick, you have to be tall or be able to hold up the ball.

He’s not a slouch but at this level you need to have a quick burst. Can’t see him leaving in the summer as he is on a huge contract . Just hope he can turn it around .

Maybe worth only playing him in the 10 position where he is good it tight spaces.

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Sancho looked decent when he first came back, but seems to have reverted to being too passive.

He’s had a time off. He’s in his favoured position. We need more from him.

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I’d get Malacia on for Shaw as well as he’s been slow and lazy

I'd rather see more of pellistri than antony, too.

the panel were harsh on weggy. he's done well to help create opportunities for others. everyone needs to be a bit more direct. swapping sancho for antony won't really achieve that.

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Fulham should have done more with the possession they had around our box. I expect us to improve this half.

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:31 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Our central midfield (McT and Sabitzer) completed 20 passes in that half.
De Gea on 14 on his own, for reference.

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:32 PM
Denis Irwell

Shaw, McTom and Sancho off

Malacia Fred and Pellistri on

Dr Stranger

Feels a bit like the West Ham tie this. Might need to go behind to wake us up.

Prefer it if we just….woke up.

Sparky***

Our problem is that we can’t control a game, meaning we have to run more because we constantly give the ball away. Results in needless fouls and suspensions and leggy performances.

This two week break is badly needed because at this rate we’re going to flop over the line

marlo

I’d bring pellistri on for weghorst.

rashford interchanging with pellistri and sancho.

there’s no need a non scoring striker doing little lay offs but then can’t even get up the pitch and get on the end of it or do anything that will trouble the opposition.

i just hope we can get through this.

this season could end up a complete failure if we keep playing this guy.

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:34 PM
20LEgend1999

Chances were coming towards the end of the half. Think we'll be much better this half.

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:35 PM
jem

what is the £#%&!ing point of this woman? you know the one I mean.

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Chances were coming towards the end of the half. Think we'll be much better this half.
Doesn’t look like it

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:39 PM
Vedder

Deserved

Unread 19-03-2023, 06:40 PM
AK14

Well we can’t say that hasn’t been coming.

Awful performance and I think that’ll be us done

Rashers injured now too… great

Shaw loses him

Get the fat £#%&! off.

believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Feels a bit like the West Ham tie this. Might need to go behind to wake us up.

Prefer it if we just….woke up.
I think this was ten hags half time team talk.

jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Deserved
not really.