United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:00 PM
red in cumbria

Meh, he is not the main problem. And is there anybody decent who would want to take us over right now?

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Meh, he is not the main problem. And is there anybody decent who would want to take us over right now?
You think we should keep him on?

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Vedder

Thumbs down

Don’t get your hopes up lads he’s not going anywhere. A proper football club would of sacked him last season, we’re a £#%&!ing joke these days.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:03 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I want him humiliated like he's humiliated us.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:05 PM
Red Santos

Whoever comes in next wont last long either

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:06 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
The longer this £#%&!ing cancer isn't excised the harder it'll be for the next bloke.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:07 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
He is, just from a tactical point of view. The players are £#%&! , everybody gets that, but the little things.

He has the " wingers" playing as full backs and expects to counter from 80 m away whenever they do get the ball. He never lets the full back overlap, how are you expected to create space if the opposition back 4 are not stretched.

the second half, fellaini and lukaku were the main targets. what bullshit. He always keeps matic and lukaku on and takes off players who arnt " team jose".

This issue with fred...he cant play because that defence isnt good enough?! , what kind of bullshit is that. he makes so many mistakes, £#%&! him, and his £#%&!ing 3 trophies, theyre all meaningless. just £#%&! off jose

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:08 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Won’t last long?
He’s been here nearly 3 years

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Sandman

I don't understnd why they haven't £#%&!ed him off yet, it makes no sense to let this linger on for the season, even a caretaker manager could give the club a boost till the end of the season. We might even sneak into the champions league with the dark cloud removed.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:14 PM
ericcantona

Quote:

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I want him humiliated like he's humiliated us.
This. However he has already seeded the ground with his excuses, and given the antipathy towards the ownership and Woodward it will not be difficult for him to shift the blame away from himself. He has been doing it for 3 years.

I just remember him giving a seminar the summer after we won the Europa League under him, talking about his incredible insight and tactical acumen in how he set up the team to play against an Ajax youth team.

How did we play that game, surrendered the ball and waited for them to make mistakes, such mastery.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:15 PM
Sparky***

We have the worst possible people in charge of making the most important decisions at this club.

If Jose is sacked then Woodward should follow him out of the door. He's overseen a disastrous 5 years.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:15 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I don't understnd why they haven't £#%&!ed him off yet, it makes no sense to let this linger on for the season, even a caretaker manager could give the club a boost till the end of the season. We might even sneak into the champions league with the dark cloud removed.
Because they can't see past the immediate cost of sacking him and having to give a new guy (Probably a caretaker) money in January.

They want to avoid the cost of the sacking and the rebuild.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:19 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We have the worst possible people in charge of making the most important decisions at this club.

If Jose is sacked then Woodward should follow him out of the door. He's overseen a disastrous 5 years.
He's achieving everything expected of him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45641326

Yes, Richard Arnold actually does all of the work but he gets to take the credit.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:19 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

You would think at some point, with woodward hiring 3 disastrous managers right after the other his own job would come into question.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
You think we should keep him on?
I think *only* binning him, and thinking it will somehow solve our deep rooted and multiple problems, will just get us into a worse mess down the line.

But maybe things need to get really bad - REALLY bad, much worse than they are even now - for there to be any hope of meaningful change? Catastrophism has its attractions right now.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:28 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I think *only* binning him, and thinking it will somehow solve our deep rooted and multiple problems, will just get us into a worse mess down the line.

But maybe things need to get really bad - REALLY bad, much worse than they are even now - for there to be any hope of meaningful change? Catastrophism has its attractions right now.
Ah, so you want to keep him and the actual appeal is that we will get so much worse

There's no helping you.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:29 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Woodward will not be fired. The only other way is to sign a director of football. However that will never happen during the middle of a season. The best thing they can do is get rid of Jose, and get a caretaker manager in. In the mean time look for a director of football and another manager .

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Ah, so you want to keep him and the actual appeal is that we will get so much worse

There's no helping you.
I didn't say that

We need to get rid of him, if not now then in the summer, but it needs to be part of a much bigger package.

It almost certainly won't be.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:36 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
I didn't say that

We need to get rid of him, if not now then in the summer, but it needs to be part of a much bigger package.

It almost certainly won't be.
Maybe you're right. Maybe we'll be going around in circles. But that is no reason to keep Jose for any longer.

I'd usually veer to the side of stability even in crisis. But he has to go now.

What astonishes me is the support for him to stay on. We're damaging ourselves with this desperate need to show we're loyal.
Closed Thread