United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-08-2019, 09:38 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I've just seen the penalty given away by David Luiz, obvious penalty but far softer than the foul on Martial.

Confusing inconsistent load of shite.
It's because the ref gave the Luiz one.

If the ref doesn't give it then it has to be a clear mistake to be overturned by var.

Anyone who watches football knows the martial one is a blatant pen.

Unread 25-08-2019, 11:22 AM
utd99

Who cares? They could have given us 6 penalties and it still would have been 2-1.

Unread 25-08-2019, 06:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Who cares? They could have given us 6 penalties and it still would have been 2-1.
We might have scraped a 2-1 win in those circumstances, yeah.

Unread 28-12-2019, 07:45 PM
utd99

When this thing was first introduced I have to admit the offside wasn’t one of the aspects I was that concerned about, I mean it either is or isn’t, right? But now that we’ve had it for a bit I think it’s obvious something is wrong, and it’s spoiling the game a bit. There’s the letter of the law and there’s the spirit of the law, it’s it’s the latter that feels like it’s being violated.

There’s literally no way that Pukki was gaining any more advantage being millimetres closer to the Spurs goal than would have been deemed legal, and if they’re going to go down to millimetres then it’s never going to be clear what exact moment the ball’s being played forward; is it when contact is made or when the ball leaves the foot? You simply cannot be that precise unless every part of the move is that precise.

It’s mad, and because of that a really good well taken goal is chalked off and instead of the fairness we were supposed to get, it actually feels like the opposite. Something feels wrong about this whole thing.

Unread 28-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Hands of Scone

It’s a load of shit and has simply shifted the responsibility for wrong decisions and not eliminated them. And in doing so it’s taken the spontaneity out of goals and stolen the moment from the crowds. It needs to go.

As if the game needs us all hanging on the decision of a £#%&!ing statto with a computer.

Unread 28-12-2019, 08:15 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
It’s a load of shit and has simply shifted the responsibility for wrong decisions and not eliminated them. And in doing so it’s taken the spontaneity out of goals and stolen the moment from the crowds. It needs to go.

As if the game needs us all hanging on the decision of a £#%&!ing statto with a computer.
There’s a very small number of clueless blazers at FIFA that are way too vested for that to happen.

Unread 28-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
There’s a very small number of clueless blazers at FIFA that are way too vested for that to happen.
Indeed. Contracts have been signed.

Unread 28-12-2019, 08:55 PM
Furry Russian hats

On the plus side though, diving has more or less stopped overnight, which is nice.
Closed Thread