United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 29-07-2019, 02:05 PM
TheFatGoth

Ahhhhh. Think it's just about starting to click.

Unread 29-07-2019, 02:06 PM
Cream

I think we can all agree that Maths is a form of mental illness.

Unread 29-07-2019, 02:10 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
How autis... smart are you?

Careful, the test gets progressively more difficult!

1: A piece of buttered toast costs 1.20 in total. The toast costs 1 more than the butter. How much does the butter cost?

2: If it takes 5 5 minutes to solve 5 crimes, how long does it take 100 to solve 100 crimes?

3. On a football pitch, there is a patch of weeds. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire pitch, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the pitch?

Enjoy!
***spoiler***
10p
5 minutes
47 days

Unread 29-07-2019, 02:19 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
I think we can all agree that Maths is a form of mental illness.
Questions 2 and 3 aren't really maths. I think most people can subtract 1 and divide an even number by 2. They are more about reading the information you're given and taking the time to properly understand it without jumping to the solution you're being led towards by the way they are numbered.

Unread 29-07-2019, 02:30 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Questions 2 and 3 aren't really maths. I think most people can subtract 1 and divide an even number by 2. They are more about reading the information you're given and taking the time to properly understand it without jumping to the solution you're being led towards by the way they are numbered.
Thick people jump to conclusions. I hear ya.

Sometimes you need to be decisive. Like in emergency situations. You wouldn't want an egghead leading you into battle imo.

Unread 29-07-2019, 02:31 PM
otbarney

1.20 for a piece of buttered toast? That's daylight robbery.

Unread 29-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
1.20 for a piece of buttered toast? That's daylight robbery.
Whichever way you slice it.

But I think most could be tricked into paying more for diagonal toast.

Unread 29-07-2019, 02:38 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Thick people jump to conclusions. I hear ya.

Sometimes you need to be decisive. Like in emergency situations. You wouldn't want an egghead leading you into battle imo.
No, but you would want the egg head to be responsible for the design of your weapons, your intelligence gathering equipment, your communications equipment, to have worked out you have enough fuel, ammunition, food etc.

Admittedly, the actual running towards the explosions bit is probably left to someone with a little less imagination

Unread 29-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
No, but you would want the egg head to be responsible for the design of your weapons, your intelligence gathering equipment, your communications equipment, to have worked out you have enough fuel, ammunition, food etc.

Admittedly, the actual running towards the explosions bit is probably left to someone with a little less imagination
Imagination = procrastination.

Unread 29-07-2019, 05:08 PM
red in cumbria

They're trick questions in a way tbf, the ones in IQ tests are generally more straighforward. Even if that doesn't always mean easy.