United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 25-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Do your lower back and make sure you go over that and all your other joints as hard as possible.
Might have to work up to that. Going to nail this bit of kit first:

Unread 25-06-2019, 07:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
No, I use the ball for the neck.

Mine, like yours, is like a referred pain.

If I press into the middle of my left lat and at the base, I can feel a release in my neck / trap.

The body is odd.

Do you do a lot of overhead pressing? Lat raises?
Great cheers pal Iíll get the ball.

Yeah I did quite a bit tbf, havenít been able to do anything for a while though. Even when I lift my right arm above my head Iím in agony with shoulder pain.

Unread 25-06-2019, 07:14 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Great cheers pal Iíll get the ball.

Yeah I did quite a bit tbf, havenít been able to do anything for a while though. Even when I lift my right arm above my head Iím in agony with shoulder pain.
Leave them out for a bit mate.

Or at the very least, shoulder press with dumbbells in a neutral grip.

Keep massaging and leave the pressing and raises out for a while.

It's a pisser, but if you fuck your rotator cuff then you're screwed.

Unread 25-06-2019, 07:14 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Regular roller for the neck mate??

Been having loads of problem with my neck, been to see a physio and he said it was a fused vertebrae in the neck but the pain is more in my shoulder?

So Iíve had a couple of sessions and heís cracked me into place, felt great for a couple of days but then it goes back to a stiff neck and shoulder pain

Really pissing me off lately!
Neck issues will almost certainly be coming from tight traps and lats, particularly if you're getting shoulder pain. If he's said you have fused vertebrae, I'd strongly suggest getting an x-ray to confirm as treatments and relief will then be very different. Physios can be extremely hit and miss in my experience.

RE Rolling, funnily enough it doesn't actually 'alter' anything physically, it simply relaxes the muscle. You can then use this 'opportunity' to stretch where you might have struggled previously. For example, my glutes are extremely tight due to years of squatting and deadlifts without stretching ( ). It was so bad I thought it was a hernia at one point. Awful shit. Osteo hammered them to shit, gave me some stretches and away I went (took a few months though to sort properly)

So yeah, although rolling might relieve the pain temporarily, stretch that fucker out. Daily.

Edit: The neutral grip is a good shout, it can help again depending on the issue.

Google or Insta Dr John Rusin, and on insta Adairtrainer. There's a few others actually i'll look up and come back with

Last edited by Whip Hubley; 25-06-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Unread 25-06-2019, 07:16 PM
red in cumbria

Is it too soon for "a new low"?

Unread 25-06-2019, 07:16 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Neck issues will almost certainly be coming from tight traps and lats, particularly if you're getting shoulder pain. If he's said you have fused vertebrae, I'd strongly suggest getting an x-ray to confirm as treatments and relief will then be very different. Physios can be extremely hit and miss in my experience.

RE Rolling, funnily enough it doesn't actually 'alter' anything physically, it simply relaxes the muscle. You can then use this 'opportunity' to stretch where you might have struggled previously. For example, my glutes are extremely tight due to years of squatting and deadlifts without stretching ( ). It was so bad I thought it was a hernia at one point. Awful shit. Osteo hammered them to shit, gave me some stretches and away I went (took a few months though to sort properly)

So yeah, although rolling might relieve the pain temporarily, stretch that fucker out. Daily.
I concur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Can't imagine how tight your traps will be from all that leaning over the chess board, tough guy.

"Its ok, baby. Just an old Zugzwang injury"

Unread 25-06-2019, 07:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Leave them out for a bit mate.

Or at the very least, shoulder press with dumbbells in a neutral grip.

Keep massaging and leave the pressing and raises out for a while.

It's a pisser, but if you fuck your rotator cuff then you're screwed.
Havenít done any for ages and still no better. PT advised neutral grip and gave it a go 6 weeks ago and it was even worse

Will try looking at a few foam rolling you tube vids later, cheers pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Edit: The neutral grip is a good shout, it can help again depending on the issue.

Google or Insta Dr John Rusin, and on insta Adairtrainer. There's a few others actually i'll look up and come back with
Cheers pal.

Think I might have to go to the docs and see if I can get an x ray

Unread 25-06-2019, 07:30 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Havenít done any for ages and still no better. PT advised neutral grip and gave it a go 6 weeks ago and it was even worse

Will try looking at a few foam rolling you tube vids later, cheers pal

Cheers pal.

Think I might have to go to the docs and see if I can get an x ray
If it's getting worse, I'd definitely get it checked out mate.

Unread 25-06-2019, 07:32 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
fuck off ric

Never heard of this thing. Like the sound of it. I never stretch unless I feel especially stiff.

Unread 25-06-2019, 07:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
fuck off ric
Isn't it a Fred tradition, tbf.

Along with "when is the football starting again?" - though I understand that not being so popular right now