United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 16-07-2019, 05:37 PM
MrBishi

I am talking white ball, for the most part. Taylor never really got going in tests but still had a good FC career so you never know. But I'm certain he'd have cemented that #3 role in ODIs if he was still playing today, his absence is why Root moved up (and partly why he struggled to match his form at 4)

Unread 16-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
I am talking white ball, for the most part. Taylor never really got going in tests but still had a good FC career so you never know. But I'm certain he'd have cemented that #3 role in ODIs if he was still playing today, his absence is why Root moved up (and partly why he struggled to match his form at 4)
Oh right! bloody hell. Absolutely no then. Who would you have him replace if he goes to 3 (with a strike rate of 80) and then Root at 4? (with a strike rate of 87)

Unread 16-07-2019, 05:56 PM
Buck

Taylor was a strong LO batsman. Good helicopter shot which is the litmus test for me.

Unread 09-08-2019, 04:11 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
Can wholeheartedly recommend the Derek Pringle autobiography, about Cricket in the 80s and early 90s. Lots of very funny off field stories (Him, Botham and Peter Cook on a testimonial jolly is priceless) Best sports book I e read in years.
Reading it at the moment, good book, ta.

I was in The Junction in Otley on the Saturday night of the test that he mentions when the landlord ends up selling his story about Botham smashing down the Timmy Taylors Landlord, can remember thinking it was shabby selling his story at the time (albeit we were not exactly delivering on the pitch) they were all in there every night apparently.

Unread 09-08-2019, 04:27 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

I was in The Junction in Otley on the Saturday night of the test that he mentions when the landlord ends up selling his story about Botham smashing down the Timmy Taylors Landlord, can remember thinking it was shabby selling his story at the time (albeit we were not exactly delivering on the pitch) they were all in there every night apparently.
Yep, it's a good read. Quite like the Phil Edmonds section in the mavericks chapter as well.

Unread 09-08-2019, 05:24 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

Ordered for delivery for tomorrow...looking forward to reading it.