United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Wrestling
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2018, 10:09 PM
Sapien

Well, children do get a lot of pocket money these days.

Unread 01-06-2018, 12:15 PM
TheKitchenSink

These deals will give WWE even less reason to care about the fans opinions. They could run the company like WCW in 2000 and still make money hand over fist.

I still try to watch Raw & Smackdown but it's difficult. Usually I just have it on in the background. The matches are so boring, and the storylines aren't much better. Who'd have thought WWE's big plan bringing Daniel Bryan out of retirement was to have him feud with Big fucking Cass?

WWE are in a 'boom' period as far as TV deals go and this will likely be the most successful part of their history as far as finances go. Just a shame it's coincided with the product being in the toilet.

Unread 01-06-2018, 12:29 PM
My Name is Heath

The product is awful in so many ways.

I like the Lesnar situation - when he does defend it feels like a special moment but the rest is just meh.

The Miz, Rollins are great and some great potential in NXT. I love Velveteen Dream.

However, the fun has gone.

Did you see the leaked script from a recent segment with Bo Dallas, Titus etc.

It is so micromanaged - there's little room for that creative spark that is needed.

Big Cass is the biggest charisma vacuum since Randy Orton, Bobby Roode etc.

Unread 01-06-2018, 01:12 PM
TheKitchenSink

Something has definitely changed over the past few months in particular. I can't quite put my finger on it but it feels like the product has suddenly become incredibly stale and boring - across both Raw & Smackdown. NXT as always is bucking the trend but I only watch the Takeover events anyway.

I actually kind of miss having wacky, ridiculous TNA as an alternative I know Impact Wrestling still exists but it isn't the same. All of the old school TNA guys have been processed through the WWE machine now and turned into bores for the most part.

Considering the talent within the company - Lesnar, Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose (when he comes back), Miz, Orton, Cena (every so often), AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, Bray Wyatt, Samoa Joe, Bobby Lashley, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Daniel Bryan, Finn Balor, the Usos, the Hardy Boyz, the New Day, Drew McIntyre, Sasha Banks, Bailey, Charlotte Flair, Asuka, Becky Lynch - it's mind-boggling that the product is as bad as it is. That's some effort from the creative team, to make that roster of talent boring to watch. And I haven't even listed half the great talent they have available to them.

At least bring back Booker T ffs. Even when the show was terrible he'd crack me up with some of the stuff he came out with. Coach is cringe to the point where I would mute the entire commentary team if I could.

Unread 01-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
Something has definitely changed over the past few months in particular. I can't quite put my finger on it but it feels like the product has suddenly become incredibly stale and boring - across both Raw & Smackdown. NXT as always is bucking the trend but I only watch the Takeover events anyway.

I actually kind of miss having wacky, ridiculous TNA as an alternative I know Impact Wrestling still exists but it isn't the same. All of the old school TNA guys have been processed through the WWE machine now and turned into bores for the most part.

Considering the talent within the company - Lesnar, Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose (when he comes back), Miz, Orton, Cena (every so often), AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, Bray Wyatt, Samoa Joe, Bobby Lashley, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Daniel Bryan, Finn Balor, the Usos, the Hardy Boyz, the New Day, Drew McIntyre, Sasha Banks, Bailey, Charlotte Flair, Asuka, Becky Lynch - it's mind-boggling that the product is as bad as it is. That's some effort from the creative team, to make that roster of talent boring to watch. And I haven't even listed half the great talent they have available to them.

At least bring back Booker T ffs. Even when the show was terrible he'd crack me up with some of the stuff he came out with. Coach is cringe to the point where I would mute the entire commentary team if I could.
Puberty? I'm sorry I really can't help myself

Unread 01-06-2018, 03:56 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Spark has gone. I've totally lost interest post Mania XVII
This for me.
Closed Thread