United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Music

Unread 03-08-2019, 10:38 AM
Arnold Muhren

Default Top 80’s ‘chicken in a basket’ crooner red down

Joe Longthorne RIP. Singing ‘Mack The Knife’ in the sky with Brucie.

Unread 03-08-2019, 10:49 AM
no fun

Top red ripip

Very active in the late 70s, went to most aways with a large wythenshawe crew and was credited with curbing their rampant homophobia

Stoke away 1977...joe and the wythenshawe crew are plotted up in a pub near the Victoria ground, keeping their heads down.

A Shirley bassey song came on the jukebox, and before you know it joe is stood on a table giving it large...a stoke spotter notices the “docs red army” silk scarf tied round joes wrist, and before you know it stokes “naughty 40” are outside the pub and they are tooled up. The wythenshawe lads don’t fancy it, but joe goes outside, sings the first verse of Diamonds are forever then glasses stokes main boy. This galvanises the wythenshawe crew who steam into stoke...claret everywhere

Later that night back in Manchester joe took the lads to Foo Foos. Big battle with a stag party from Leeds ensued

Top red ripip

Last edited by no fun; 03-08-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Unread 03-08-2019, 11:05 AM
waynes ear's

Glad he’s dead. He’ll be singing with my nan who, for some inexplicable reason loved this cunt

Fuck them both

Unread 03-08-2019, 12:18 PM
Cream

Diamonds are forever.

Thought he was Dustin Gee. Or Duncan Norvelle.

RIP.

Unread 03-08-2019, 12:19 PM
djsst

Unread 03-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Top red ripip

Very active in the late 70s, went to most aways with a large wythenshawe crew and was credited with curbing their rampant homophobia

Stoke away 1977...joe and the wythenshawe crew are plotted up in a pub near the Victoria ground, keeping their heads down.

A Shirley bassey song came on the jukebox, and before you know it joe is stood on a table giving it large...a stoke spotter notices the “docs red army” silk scarf tied round joes wrist, and before you know it stokes “naughty 40” are outside the pub and they are tooled up. The wythenshawe lads don’t fancy it, but joe goes outside, sings the first verse of Diamonds are forever then glasses stokes main boy. This galvanises the wythenshawe crew who steam into stoke...claret everywhere

Later that night back in Manchester joe took the lads to Foo Foos. Big battle with a stag party from Leeds ensued

Top red ripip

Unread 03-08-2019, 03:03 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Diamonds are forever.

RIP.
Chase me.

Unread 03-08-2019, 04:01 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Chase me.
Would have to be very light jogging at best.

Ideally a brisk walk.

Unread 03-08-2019, 05:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Diamonds are forever.

RIP.
Keith Harris is dead as well.