United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2020, 05:50 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Not if the last game is anything to go by he isn't. On his arse as per while slabhead is having to do his one man defence act again.

Poor old Slab gets the blame cos he got megged
Agreed it was more AWB’s fault than slabs. He basically doesn’t bother getting back up after being on his arse. Glacial.

AWB and De Gea at fault much more than slabbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
And surely to £#%&!ing god, Liverpool can't go through a season again like they have- that intensity and effort and not really getting any major injuries? We've had Martial, Rashford and Pogba out for extended periods. Imagine them without Fabinho/Mane/Salah for a few months at a time?

Don't get me wrong, it's going to be a tough ask obviously- as those scouse @#%&!s have set a crazy standard, city will no doubt spend and improve an already good side- and can see Chelsea improving a lot with their planned signings. I think those 3 and United are the top 4, Spurs/Arse probably not that far behind.

It's been said a thousand times, but Bruno has made a massive difference to the club. His leadership/drive/positivity is clear to see and it seems to have rubbed off on the whole £#%&!ing squad. Greenwood is a huge bonus the way he's come on, and will do again for next season.

I think a new CB partner for Maguire is a must, Lindelof and Bailly just can't be trusted really- I'd be happy with Ake tbh, strong/quick and Prem experience which is a big thing for a CB if they're to start well.

Sancho is a £#%&!ing great player- him added to Rashford, Martial and Greenwood and we have brilliant options who can each play in a couple of positions. Greenwood could well end up being the central player of those, with Sancho to his right and Martial/Rashford to his left. One thing's for sure, watching United is entertaining again, which we've not said for about 7 £#%&!ing years

Unread 06-07-2020, 06:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Some on here would argue for more like 10 years....
Fergal's final season was certainly entertaining, but arguably not always in a good way

Unread 15-07-2020, 01:15 PM
utd99

I’m starting to very much admire the way he point blank refuses to play the media’s game. Whether it’s VAR, player intrigue, or in this case City’s travesty of justice, he just won’t give them any headlines. Good for him, £#%&!ing paperazzi scumbags.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12129...y-ban-man-utd/

Unread 15-07-2020, 01:38 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’m starting to very much admire the way he point blank refuses to play the media’s game. Whether it’s VAR, player intrigue, or in this case City’s travesty of justice, he just won’t give them any headlines. Good for him, £#%&!ing paperazzi scumbags.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12129...y-ban-man-utd/
Read that too - best answer he could have given.

Ole. :cool;

Still cringe at the bilge i used to post about him...I'm sorry Ole if you're reading. PMs always open...

Unread 15-07-2020, 02:06 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Still cringe at the bilge i used to post about him...I'm sorry Ole if you're reading. PMs always open...
Think the rest of the forum could do with an apology too tbh

its a joke you big sensitive girls blouse

Unread 15-07-2020, 02:17 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Now that's a real man right there.

Repped.

Unread 15-07-2020, 08:25 PM
red in cumbria

Must admit I liked his response after the Soton sickener - frankly saying it was our fault and we didn't deserve to win, rather than making excuses.

Unread 15-07-2020, 08:41 PM
puressence

Some hammer him still even before today’s pressie

Unread 15-07-2020, 08:46 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Must admit I liked his response after the Soton sickener - frankly saying it was our fault and we didn't deserve to win, rather than making excuses.
Unlike Mourinho who spent 15 minutes talking about one decision and zero minutes talking about why his team had not a single shot on target for the remaing 94 minutes of the game.

Unread 16-07-2020, 05:16 PM
utd99

Martial told Canal Plus:

'He [Solskjaer] sent me a message, he said “do you want to take your No 9 shirt back?”

‘ I straight up said yes! I said yes and he told me now it’s up to you to show me [that you deserve it] every time you’re on the pitch.’

Martial previously wore the No 9 before it was given to Ibrahimovic by Mourinho when the Swedish star arrived at the club in 2016.

It was then handed back to Martial last summer and the 24-year-old is enjoying his best campaign for the Old Trafford club.

Solskjaer has been delighted with the striker's progress, saying this week: 'He’s definitely developing, improving and he’s enjoying his football.’

Gotta love Solskjaer.

Unread 16-07-2020, 05:17 PM
silv

Quote:
Martial told Canal Plus:

'He [Solskjaer] sent me a message, he said “do you want to take your No 9 shirt back?”

‘ I straight up said yes! I said yes and he told me now it’s up to you to show me [that you deserve it] every time you’re on the pitch.’

Martial previously wore the No 9 before it was given to Ibrahimovic by Mourinho when the Swedish star arrived at the club in 2016.

It was then handed back to Martial last summer and the 24-year-old is enjoying his best campaign for the Old Trafford club.

Solskjaer has been delighted with the striker's progress, saying this week: 'He’s definitely developing, improving and he’s enjoying his football.’

Gotta love Solskjaer.
old news

Unread 16-07-2020, 05:26 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
old news
Sorry.

Unread 16-07-2020, 06:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
old news
Aren't they called newsie now?

Unread 16-07-2020, 06:34 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Now that's a real man right there.

Repped.
agreed.

check usercp, pal...

Unread 17-07-2020, 01:35 AM
rubbernecker

One of the only football podcasts I've ever enjoyed watching and well worth an hour , a refreshing interview that let's the interviewee flow without myshow lookatme interruptions

Ole chats his hidden assassin and outlines what he looks for in a Utd player after which I like him even more and more than happy that he's the manager

Unread 17-07-2020, 04:33 AM
JamesPolk

Ole is going to win the big stuff, and the Vermin and the cheats can not do anything about it.

Unread 17-07-2020, 10:48 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmlKbg3yzBA

One of the only football podcasts I've ever enjoyed watching and well worth an hour , a refreshing interview that let's the interviewee flow without myshow lookatme interruptions

Ole chats his hidden assassin and outlines what he looks for in a Utd player after which I like him even more and more than happy that he's the manager
Fantastic stuff. Love the guy.

Unread 17-07-2020, 11:54 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmlKbg3yzBA

Great post and a good watch. Poles apart from the mindset of Mou, who had to be centre stage at the club.

Whatever happens down the line you couldn't find manager who cares more about United and gets what we're about.

Unread 17-07-2020, 12:03 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Great post and a good watch. Poles apart from the mindset of Mou, who had to be centre stage at the club.

Whatever happens down the line you couldn't find manager who cares more about United and gets what we're about.
True, which is why I trust him to make decisions even if I disagree. He’s working with way more information and has the club, not himself, as his motivation.

Unread 17-07-2020, 12:05 PM
windy waffles

Thumbs up

Quote:
True, which is why I trust him to make decisions even if I disagree. He’s working with way more information and has the club, not himself, as his motivation.
Closed Thread